Photo

[Spadaro] After Loss, How Do Eagles Play It?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
164 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,469 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

It had all the makings of something special, with rookie quarterback Nick Foles on the field, with a seven-point lead and with the Dallas Cowboys on their heels late in the third quarter on Sunday evening. In the blink of an eye it all fell apart ...

View the full article

#2 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Foles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 jwells131313

jwells131313

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Here is how we can move forward: Fire Andy Reid

#4 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

It was nice to see Foles play well in his first start. and it was great to see r DL get pressure and sacks in the game. But this game ended like most of this season with us being very unlucky, Dez Td catch that rolled on the ground, r P not knocking the PR out of bounds and an int that bounced off a defenders thigh to the CB that returned it for a TD.

#5 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,401 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

:( and :furious:

#6 robnail

robnail

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Dave this team and management are GARBAGE - fire REID, get a real GM, new scouts and a real NFL coach who knows what black and blue football is and believes in actually drafting DL, Safeties and LB's with size and speed. Then, maybe we can have hope.

#7 solomonconnor

solomonconnor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

i realize you have to write this dave, and that you have to say we still have a chance in the division, but it's gotta be hard. it's over.

#8 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

I am still trying to figure out how 2 obvious blocks in the back were missed on the punt return... The game might have gone the other way if it had been called, but let's face it, neither team is deserving of the playoffs.

#9 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

The last touchdown for the cowboys showed what a QB looks like behind this oline. I like Foles but he isn't ready, his throws when he was running were more nerve racking then when Vick blindly throws the ball in the air. The season is done, use these last 7 games to evaluate each position. Remove those with big contracts that are not playing to standard and remove those blt fighting for the ball, football isn't a game for boys but men.

#10 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Dave, watch the film. Foles missed a LOT. Nobody expected much out of him, but he clearly doesn't deserve to be the starter based off of that performance any more than Kafka earned the starting job when he played against the Falcons last year. There is a LOT more wrong with this team than Vick.

#11 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

And what's up with the rules, you can't hit a defender with a blinde side hit yet you can hit a WR. What also happened to a defenseless receiver, Maclin in the hit behind and nothing. Or how about that chock block on shady. Oh well these refs are rusty, look at the San Fran game, they lost over a minute of game play.

#12 eaglesphilly7

eaglesphilly7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

vick.

#13 IggleinAZ

IggleinAZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

There was nothing pretty about this game. A good play here or there... maybe... but nothing to be proud about. In the past 25 years I've seen some really bad Eagles teams that gave more effort than this really hyped "good" team. Slow motion replays of lineman sliding like Rollins versus a 3rd stringer to make a tackle is unacceptable Eagles football.

#14 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Essentially 21 points to the other team Foles gave up, if you count the pass the refs saved him on.

#15 anthonyma1988

anthonyma1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

This season is so frustrating considering where we were at after 4 games and the fact that we had beaten both Baltimore and the giants. Looks as though the Vick era in Philly is going to be short lived and the Reid era is coming to a bitter end.

#16 imthewagon

imthewagon

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Andy Reid, Marty, & Todd - Great Job Gameplanning (this is sincere). To tak an Offensive Squad with 4 out of 5 Linemen that are "back-ups" & a Back Up/Rookie QB and put together a plan that had us winnning the game in the 2nd Half is Phenomenal. It is a testament to your ability to "Coach Up" Players, and overcome the most challenging situations. I know Jeffrey Lurie will come to his senses and do the right thing and bring you back for another year to take a legitimate run with this team (Vick included).

#17 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

The obvious choice would be to play Foles the rest of the year and prepare for next year, even the announcers acknowledged that much. Now a lame duck coach who is looking to help his starting QB find another job might have a different agenda that may not be in the best long term interest of the team. I think lurie needs to tell Andy he's had enough fool's gold, play the rookie and get some experience for next year.

#18 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Senhorcook. y u keep pointing out the negatives on Foles yea he struggled alittle but Overall he had a good game made some very nice throws. This is from a Rookie who had no reps at all... I didn't see u on here talking about Vick when he was throwing 2-3picks a game and fumbling left and right saying he doesn't deserve to be the starter

If i'm AR i go all in with Foles he has the most upside i think he could get this team to a 9-7 record if we r lucky. He should do great vs the Skins and Panthers, I love to see him in a rematch with the Cowboys later this season. Cincy would be the tough game probably would lose that. and NYG depends what team decided to show up

#19 wski

wski

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Ok, I know the Eagles lost, sad yes, but how about the play to bryant where the ball clearly rolls out of is arm, hits the ground (helps maintain control), and then he regains control...and its a touchdown?!?!?! What make it even worse is that this play was reviewed AND upheld! Now c'mon, we have instant reply for a f ing reason. Some may not think this was a big call because it wasnt, IT WAS HUGE! it totally changed the momentum of the game. I think someone better check this refs myspace (or facebook) and see if he is a cowgirls fan...just f ing ridiculous!!!

#20 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

What's sad is that even at 3 and 6 we are only 2 games out of first place and that is such a tease and will keep us fans believing in fools gold. The year is done unless some crazy miracle happens. As I've said before, any of the starters who are not performing/going full bore need to be sat and put on the hungry kids., I'm tired of watching all the high priced free agents under perform. This organization the past couple of years reminds me of a certain team in the nations capital and that scares the hell outta me. AR, it's been fun. YoIu did alot for us and we'll never forget you just as we'll never forget McNabb, but it's time to move on and find the next Harbauigh, Pagano, etc. I'll still be hoping for some lightning in a bottle and will still be sitting in front ofn the TV screaming GO EAGLES!

#21 skorch

skorch

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts
  • Fan Since:Roman Days

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

#22 anthonyma1988

anthonyma1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

hedge8727. My feeling is that Reid will continue to play vick even after we are mathematically eliminated bc reid knows he won't be back so he won't care if foles is the future of this team.

#23 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Nick Foles-22 of 32 219yds 1td 1int vs a very good Cowboys D

Vick-22 of 41 272yds 1td 1int vs the Saints last week and a bad D(also O only put up 13points)

also Vick has had all the reps pretty much all yr since he is the starter unlike Foles

#24 imthewagon

imthewagon

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Foles is a good prospect but he made many throws that looked like Tim Tebow. Wounded ducks rolling end over end 15 yards down field, balls bouncing in the ground 10 yds. away from intended receivers. He mad a lot of throws off his back foot and floated the ball down field that should have been picked off, and his accuracy was not that great. He easily could have had five INT's today - but Vick is clearly the better QB today. Vick throws the ball sharp & to receivers (He is more accurate, athletic, & has a better understanding of coverages, etc..). If Peters & Watkins come back next week start Vick to see if we can win out. Once we are mathematically eliminated - then start Foles.

#25 imthewagon

imthewagon

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Andy Reid, Marty, & Todd - Great Job Gameplanning (this is sincere). To tak an Offensive Squad with 4 out of 5 Linemen that are "back-ups" & a Back Up/Rookie QB and put together a plan that had us winnning the game in the 2nd Half is Phenomenal. It is a testament to your ability to "Coach Up" Players, and overcome the most challenging situations. I know Jeffrey Lurie will come to his senses and do the right thing and bring you back for another year to take a legitimate run with this team (Vick included).

#26 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Mr. Spadaro, I, for one, very much appreciate all that you do for the Team and for us fans. I am quite grateful to be able to have this forum. I cannot imagine what it must feel like to be in your shoes when times are tough yet, you still shine. I thank you sir!

#27 VA Green

VA Green

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Foles did a decent job considering he most likely took snaps with the second team. He seem like he read the defense well and made adjustments. Not much he can do when the kicker misses the extra point, the special teams can't cover, and Dunlap get penalty after penalty after penalty or Bell. Thought Djax should have caught that ball that was tipped and intercepted too. Now we are in 2013 mode. We know Reid is gone (I wouldn't be surprised if it happens tomorrow) I think we need to ship out Nnamdi. He stunk today on the Cowboys first score. He had done nothing for us at all (on the field) since he came here except blow coverage, get penalties, and a big paycheck. I hope the Eagles can get something for him and rid of him and his contract.

#28 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

WTF games r u watching were Vick throws the ball sharp is this the same guy who has 9ints and who has missed countless deep passes because of over throwing them. Yes Foles had some problems some passes got away from him I agree but could that also do with the fact he doesn't get many reps at all most of the QB reps goes to the starter each week not the backup QB.

Also Vick throws the ball off his back foot and from some wild positions and he is a Vet that should no better should ahve many more ints then he has i wouldn't say Vick is the better QB today they r even in my book. I might even give Foles the edge since he didn't have the practice reps like Vick did

#29 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Considering the situation, Foles did a fine job. I wonder if we'll have a similar situation as Kolb/Vick?

#30 imthewagon

imthewagon

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Andy won't be gone. Jeffrey Lurie isn't stupid. No team in the NFL could win when missing 4 out of 5 starting OLinemen & your starting QB. Andy Reid & MM drew up plays that had receivers "WIDE OPEN" downfield, and the pass protection was really good in spite of the situation. The running plays were called perfectly & gashed the Defense. If Vick was in - we would have won today's game. Lurie knows that & this Team has a desrves another shot next year (WITH EVERYONE HEALTHY). Andy is the best Coach this Franchise has ever had, and he proved it today with playing our 2nd String against Dallas & almost beating them (if not for Foles' errors).