[News] Foles Shows Promise In Appearance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,607 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Quarterback Nick Foles had spent the first eight games on the Eagles’ sidelines, watching and learning from Michael Vick. But when Vick was concussed early in the second quarter of Sunday’s game ag...

View the full article

#2 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Like i said b4  foles will have his turnovers starting out....but he will move the ball and the team will score.  Kingdunlap killed 2 plays for foles, avant got hurt on one, etc etc.   he has to work on not throwing behind or ahead so much...but that was the butterflies.   Foles is for real. But.......

I want to give a big shout out to riley cooper!  That td catch is what i been waiting 3 yrs to see!. It was sick.

Like i said b4  foles will have his turnovers starting out....but he will move the ball and the team will score.  Kingdunlap killed 2 plays for foles, avant got hurt on one, etc etc.   he has to work on not throwing behind or ahead so much...but that was the butterflies.   Foles is for real. But.......

I want to give a big shout out to riley cooper!  That td catch is what i been waiting 3 yrs to see!. It was sick.

#3 Whoissantaclaus

Whoissantaclaus

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

dub sel..... You repeated yourself twice, just thought you should know. But I am tired of this team. No point in watching anymore. Reid needs to go, Morningwood needs to be gone tomorrow morning. And we need to try for a higher round draft choice for a very good O-linemen or a big physical Receiver. I am tired of these 5'10 guys running around. These are my grievances for this season.

#4 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Since AR will not get fired until the end of the year, I say mid season change:

FIRE MM AND FREE MV7 AND THIS OFFENSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  MM history as a coach is he never protects his QBs.  MV has never had a concussion until he began playing for MM.  Now MV has had two.  Hmmmmm!!!!  Once again, FIRE MM AND FREE MV7 AND THIS OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

Free vick?  To do what? ?  What would u like vick to do?  Hes not a pocket passing qb......so u want him to tuck and run all game???  How far will that take us... Or him?  Lets think realistic

#6 20BillBradley

20BillBradley

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Fan Since:70's

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Welcome to the NFL kid!!   I'm sure you would be a lot better in the next game if you were to take all the first team snaps this week but, I guess Andy is not going to let that happen.   He's still bent on the same distructive path.   Yo, sliding wussie, your not Skip Bayless by any chance are you?

#7 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Screw Vick, Foles made some rookie plays but one INT wasn't all his fault. The pass to Cooper for the TD was proof  alone, not to mention the bomb to Maclin. This kid is gonna be good. If we can bring in the head coach of the Oregon Ducks. We can bring some new blood to a very fast Eagle Offence. The DC of the Giant's is gonna be available and obviously he knows what he is doing, two rings. Champion Defense's every year, with injuries.  I always said their is talent here  and i stand by that. New Head coach Foles, Edwards and hopefully  a good draft pick @ QB and this could be a playoff team, next year.

#8 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

AR had a good run, but never got it done. Vick is just Paid far too much to keep around and I think he is gonna be a backup, Honestly, he ****z

#9 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Vick is Free to go be a over the hill, BACKUP

#10 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

The root of this teams failures is and has been the offensive scheme (Firing Juan was just stupid-and since we have not kept a team under 18 points-the D's average when Juan was there).  FIRE MM AND FREE MV7 AND THIS OFFENSE!!!!! But the problem of moving scoring the ball has been with us since 2011 when MM went nuts on Vick and this Offense!!!!!

#11 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

sliding wussie.......  i agree that  the offensive coaching is terrible...but that free vick stuff needs to stop.    VICK HAS NEVER BEEN GREAT AS A QB, AND IN THE NFL YOU HAVE TO STRIKE WHILE ITS HOT CAUSE U WONT GET THE CHANCE AGAIN..SO GREAT COACHING ALWAYS PREVAILS.

2010 WASNT ALL MAGICAL FOR VICK. HE HAD ABOUT 5 REALLY GOOD GAMES, THE OTHERS WERE AVERAGE OR BELOW AVERAGE.  HE CAUGHT SOME TEAMS OFF GUARD SO TO SPEAK. NOW 2011 TEAMS HAVE ALL THAT GAME FILM, SINCE we didnt change the schemes much and vick is pretty much who he is....disaster waiting.  

I LIKE WHAT FOLES DID. HE WENT TO MACLIN ALOT... LOOK AT OTHER TEAMS WHO GET THE BALL TO THEIR NUMBER 1 RECEIVERS. WE NEED A NUMBER ONE WHO CAN GET THE BALL IN MULTIPLE WAYS. IVE BEEN ALL FOR FOLES, HOPE HE STARTS. HOPE COOPER GET MORE PLAY..BEEN WAITING FOR HIM, HOPE WE DRAFT ANOTHER WR ,  

BTW NY1 VICK THREW THE TD PASS TO COOPER NOT FOLES.

#12 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

THE play off game against the packers in 2010..2 things ruined that chance to a come back win.

1 JACKSON CAUGHT that 10 yard in and instead of him running past the linebacker he stopped and tried to juke him and got tackled, which lead to what we see often

#2 vicks decision making where he no huddled, rolled out left and threw that terrible throw to riley cooper. WHICH WAS THE BEGINING OF THE END,.... POST GAME VICK SAID SOMETHING ALONG THE LINE OF I FOLLOW MY INSTINCTS, ID DO IT AGAIN, IT WAS MY CALL BLH BLAH BLAH.

#13 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Foles is going to be Philly's "Romo."  Every time he throws an interception or fumble, the fans and media are going to blame everybody but Foles.  It's funny how people are making a big deal out of the Eagles offensive line when Foles makes mistakes.  Here are some example of excuses; Foles threw a PICK 6 but the radio commentator said, "it was a TIPPED Pass." Foles fumble for a Dallas touchdown and the commentator said, "well the game is about over and we know that he was trying to make something happen."  When Foles threw a interception and got called backed the commentator said, "He's just a kid."  Hey fans, I get it, this has nothing to do with football, Foles is an "American Quarterback." Vick is a....... you know, you all was praying for this moment since pre season. If Reid had of started Foles in the beginning of the season and  went 0-9 you all would of placed blame on everyone but Foles because he's politically correct. Last night's stats; Vick 1 TD and Zero turnovers. Foles 1 TD and 2 turnovers, both for Dallas touchdowns. "I rather have Foles under center because you know, I like his hair and he's.....hey I just don't like Vick because of his past!"- Eagles fan

#14 wvjerome

wvjerome

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

I don't know what the future holds for Foles, but I do know that this team will not win anything with Mike Vick behind center. If Foles truly does stink it would be better to find out now rather than wait until next season. Waiting on playing Foles could set the franchise back multiple seasons and for what? So Andy can have another "do a better job" press conference?

#15 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

foles will not stink.he will easily be the best qb since mcnabb. so thats better than all others who went under center during that time and mcnabbs injuries..feely, kolb,vick, kaftka , young.   no one made excuses for foles. a few of his passes where thrown behind, the long td pass wasnt pretty...but it got there and he had the awareness to get it there.  we all know he can deliver the ball deep. it was his first game in and a big game too. it takes time for nerves to settle. and get use to the first team. the end of game fumble was exactly that a failed o line and a deep play called to hope for a miracle when backed down to the endzone.   preseason told the tale. vick looked terrible.  i like any qb who can come to the line and make adjustments for the best read possible.  foles will be atleast satisfactory..but good enuff to win enuff games for this team.  

BTW DENNIS KELLY NEEDS TO BE CUT!!!!  I NEVER SEEN AND O LINE MEN JUST IGNORE RUSHERS EACH WEEK. GEE WIZ SON THEY ARE STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF U

#16 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

I'd like to see what Foles can do with a week of practice getting first team reps .. and with a real offensive line. They really need to start giving receivers a column for interceptions cause that one was all on Jackson. I don't care if the throw was a little behind, if it hits you in the hands you need to catch the ball. That's why you make millions of dollars.

#17 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Foles pick six was thrown a  little behind Jackson but he was able to get his hands on it and it deflected off his hands and off the thigh of a cowboys player and into the hands of anbother, just a fluke thing. He did throw a few other iffy passes that he was lucky weren't picked off. All in all though I think he did a lot of good things and showed a lot of promise. He was poised for a while until he got hit a few times and then he sterted to get happy feet and tried to scamble outside. He's gotta learn to step up into the pocket when he's getting pressure. He's not fast enough to scramble to the outside.

#18 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

dub sel, Kelly is a rookie playing his second game. What about Dunlap? He committed 3 HUGE penalties and made absolutely NO EFFORT to make a tackle on the TD interception return. He was lazily trotting off the field when Scandrick went right by him on the way to the end zone. If I was the head coach he'd have his walking papers today. We can pick up someone off the street who can play better and give more effort than that.

#19 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,080 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

@ arg, do you realize how childish you come off with your  everyone hates Vick  blah blah blah in EVERY POST and your racial inuendos?

Vick himself has admitted that he never took the game seriously or  learned to play the position until he  came here. Is that anyone's fault but Vicks?  Or are we suppose to say "oh, well, and just accept it?  Isn't it reasonable  for fans to expect  their 100 mil Qb to at least make every effort to improve his game? Instead of saying" I'm just going to be me?"  Which in 10 seasons he has demonstrated,hasn't been good enough to reach the goal that every team seeks?.

Keep in mind the same fans who you are now critical of Vick today,  are the same fans who loved and praised him in 2010, when he played like he really cared and wanted to win games and a championship.

So if it makes you feel like you're getting some kind of satisfactory  pay back by trashing Foles than you need some serious growing up.