Photo

[News] Foles Looks In Line For 1st Start

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,862 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

It sure sounds like Nick Foles is in line for his first career NFL start. After relieving a concussed Michael Vick on Sunday, Foles attempted his first regular season passes as a professional and g...

View the full article

#2 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Thought Foles did well with limited preparation and against one of the better secondaries in the league. I expect him to improve with a week of first team reps and an opponent with a dreadful secondary. OL did better this week. For Foles to be successful will require that type of protection again.
Nice to see a QB with maneuverability in the pocket, with the size to see the whole field.

#3 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

They should have him play even if Vick is healthy... this seasons done unless some small miracle happens. Might as well see if the kid has what it takes at this point...

#4 C'MON MAN

C'MON MAN

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

How did Foles work out for you "knowledgeable" Eagle fans........be careful what you wish for....should have learned from the Mcnabb era..

#5 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

floes wrked out great for me cmon man. He played a good game with a sub-par line, and in relief passed for a TD and over 200 yards. Id say thats damn good LET FOLES PLAY NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

#6 wvjerome

wvjerome

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Now that Foles will get a chance to start it's a good thing for the future of the Eagles. You have to be blind, delusional, or just plain foolish to think Mike Vick will be able to lead this team to the super bowl this season. The best move now is to focus on the future and to find out if Nick Foles can be part of that future.

#7 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

When did Vick ever throw for a 72% completion %? That's including DJ's flub for a TD, Avant bouncin one on his head, and MacLin alligator armin one, all without any practice. I'd say it might be the most impressive QB performance I've seen by an Eagle QB in two years.

#8 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

I don't know....I'm still not convinced Vick deserves to be benched! I know it's been dreadful to watch, but I don't think any QB can save this sorry team this year...I understand the cry out for Foles and wanting the future to start now, but I still think when this team is healthy and is hitting on all cylinders Vick is the best QB for us on this squad! I think we can all agree that this year is over and I think we all have come to terms with that...still for me it's hard to say that if everyone is healthy next year, Vick shouldn't be there! That's just my opinion...and I know it's not the popular one!

#9 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

I don't know....I'm still not convinced Vick deserves to be benched! I know it's been dreadful to watch, but I don't think any QB can save this sorry team this year...I understand the cry out for Foles and wanting the future to start now, but I still think when this team is healthy and is hitting on all cylinders Vick is the best QB for us on this squad! I think we can all agree that this year is over and I think we all have come to terms with that...still for me it's hard to say that if everyone is healthy next year, Vick shouldn't be there! That's just my opinion...and I know it's not the popular one!

#10 vinrock3

vinrock3

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

with 1st team reps in practice all week i think fowles will get the speed of the game down and those slant rout passes like the one to djax that got int, will be more on time and i think he will have sucess like he did in az at college. if your up on football go back and look at what fowles accomplished in college. he broke alot of records .right now i dont see vick playing because hes just beat up not just from sunday but all year and if foeles gives us that win in washington on sunday i think no matter how healthy vick is hes gonna be on the bench.i got faith in fowles.

#11 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Fowles.....Foeles...FOLES...LOL

#12 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Cmon man what do u mean should have learned from.the mcnabb era? Mcnabb was a top 5 qb until father time took his toll on him. Every qb cant play well into their 30-40. Anyway..... Im all for foles starting. I hope maclin can play...cause with out maclin its going to be a even longer afternoon for foles. Maybe cooper ginally is ready

Finally*

#13 downwithdallas

downwithdallas

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

I like everyones optimism about Foles but Dallas didnt game plan for Foles either and as well as Foles did I'm not sure I want to stick the future of the fanchise behind that offensive line for 7 games just to get hurt either. I agree if this season is a wash. Throw him in for the last 3 games to see what he can do

#14 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Im just wondering what all the vick lovers will say if foles has a good game next week? Always excuses for vick!

in atl ...poor qb rating , nvr won anything significant, didnt study film. Turnovers galore except one decent year
Excuse - doesnt need to , hes fast, electric and the team wasnt good. Lol

2010- 5 really good games, 11-subpar games and a few turnovers. Barely got into playoffs and he ended with a poor no hudle decision and int
excuse- what he had an mvp season lol..it wasnt him it was the defense!

2011- turnover city continues from years past, offense struggles again.
Excuse- no offseason.... The coaches are to blame for his decisions!
2012- looks terrible in preseason, foles looks great, turnover city,,team once again cannot score.
Excuse- its only preseason, its the offensive line, its the coaches

Just wondering when some of u will just say aside from coaching.....and o line excuses...just say maybe vick has been fools gold this whole time. Bring napoleon dynamite in ..gosh! I mean foles

#15 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Im just wondering what all the vick lovers will say if foles has a good game next week? Always excuses for vick!

in atl ...poor qb rating , nvr won anything significant, didnt study film. Turnovers galore except one decent year
Excuse - doesnt need to , hes fast, electric and the team wasnt good. Lol

2010- 5 really good games, 11-subpar games and a few turnovers. Barely got into playoffs and he ended with a poor no hudle decision and int
excuse- what he had an mvp season lol..it wasnt him it was the defense!

2011- turnover city continues from years past, offense struggles again.
Excuse- no offseason.... The coaches are to blame for his decisions!
2012- looks terrible in preseason, foles looks great, turnover city,,team once again cannot score.
Excuse- its only preseason, its the offensive line, its the coaches

Just wondering when some of u will just say aside from coaching.....and o line excuses...just say maybe vick has been fools gold this whole time. Bring napoleon dynamite in ..gosh! I mean foles

#16 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Realize the team gets worst every year since vick has been here! His presence is a curse!

#17 LaHart

LaHart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

I miss Donovan :/

#18 danceswithrocks

danceswithrocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Sad to see MV hurt. He is a warrior and competitor. The Achilles heel is that he is a warrior and competitor that forces passes and doesn't protect the ball or himself. The reality is that he may have played his last game for Philly. The concussion could take weeks to be relieved, Foles is the future and will get better week by week, and the big bucks MV option doesn't get picked up next year. MV has been fun to watch when he is hot and lucky. Thanks go out to him for those times.

#19 carjack

carjack

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Like I said 3 weeks ago, Foles can handle it...Secondly, CALLING JOHN GRUDEN...CALLING JOHN GRUDEN........Give him 10 million to sign...another 3 million for an NFC playoff...another 3 million for an NFC Championship and another 4 million to win the Super Bowl....That's 20 million for all you dummies....Considering the EAGLES are worth over 1 BILLION DOLLARS....That's the same as you making 50,000 per year and giving 1,000 to charity....$19.00 dollars per week...Mr. Lorie, please do the math....Your team will increase in value a lot more than 2%, if I am right.....

#20 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Bottom line is Foles did pretty good against a top 10 pass Defense. The remaining opponents are against poorous defenses except the Dallas game in a few weeks. If Foles cannot do well against the upcoming schedule then 1st rounder will be a QB. If he does do well then once again we go into the offseason with optimism. Especially if Gruden is here.

#21 wvjerome

wvjerome

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

This is football. If Nick Foles can't handle getting hit, then he shouldn't be in the league at all. Quarterbacks get hit all of the time Aaron Rodgers for years got pounding behind a porous line. I would rather know now Foles can't handle the pressures of being a starting quarterback in the NFL. This line will test his mettle and that's a good thing. If he can handle himself behind the pressure he's going to get I think it could mean we have a good one on our hands. If he can't then now we know and can move forward. This is win/win for the Eagles in a season of repeated losses.

#22 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,384 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

@ Co' Mon... what do you mean how did Foles work out for us? We worked out exactly as I expected him to do. Like we thought a rookie being thrown into the fire would play , cold off the bench, as any rookie would in his situation. If fans were expecting stats out of the stratosphere with no mistakes ( like maybe you expect or demand) than they are too heavy into Madden or Fantacy Football. Personally, I was impressed with how well he done given the circumstances. a nationally televised game against a hated division rival and a top 10 defense. But you could tell that he prepares as best he can without getting actual game reps. Or he wouldn't have done as well as he did. I'm rooting for the kid. Just as i have rooted for all the QB's the Eagles have had...and yes that includes Vick .

#23 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,384 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

I think he showed that he can take a hit and bounce right back up. He took a couple Sunday. Besides he had a pretty porus O line throughout his collage days . Foles is much bigger than Vick, and I think his size is an advantage as he isn't as easily brought down as Mike. Also hieght wise he is able to see over his 6'9 & 6'8 linemen like Dunlap and Kelly.