Photo

[News] Eagles Sign Veteran OL Scott

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,264 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

The Eagles dove into the free agent market Monday, signing veteran right guard/tackle Jake Scott to a one-year contract. Now in his ninth season, Scott spent four years with offensive line coach Ho...

View the full article

#2 datdudedman

datdudedman

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

You wait until now to sign a veteran Olineman?.... Whatever just get us on a 2 game winning streak PLEASE

#3 Kdawgg

Kdawgg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Yawn. Howie should be doing accounting in NYC for a jeweler or a garment dealer. He's a joke.

#4 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 phillyphantom22

phillyphantom22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

did they REALLY w8 til now 2 bring him in? are you kidding me?...the players ain't the only ones who gave up after w8ting THIS long....

#6 Whoissantaclaus

Whoissantaclaus

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

You guys all stole the words right from my mouth. They waited until this part of the season to sign a verteran o-linemen. My sweet Jesus what is the front office doing? At least we shall see Foles get a crack at first team practice.

#7 purephillyfan

purephillyfan

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  • Fan Since:1953

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Awesome move but why did it take so long to get him?

#8 Stan_Havili

Stan_Havili

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

hahahahha sooooooo late, front office needs to shape up.

#9 DreamTeam2012

DreamTeam2012

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Its not 100% Olines fault. Vick steps back when hes suppose to step up, he runs when theres protection, and he holds the ball too long.

#10 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

The O line has struggled more and more. I thought in the beginning of the season the O line gave Vickand time. Vick made terrible mistakes and turned the ball over. Def drops too far back. he runs backwards, piss's me off. Foles already looks like am upgrade, mentally and he will make far better passes and decisions. ng has this The O line is beat up. We don't know if Scott is even an upgrade. Maybe Mudd should of stayed retired. Everyone was so excited about Washburn and Mudd. Myself, included but they are getting Old.

#11 jerse

jerse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Thats a good start in the rebuilding process, as i like to try and justify our awful season thus far.

#12 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Think Howie will keep his job. He has done a great job. It might not show on the field but he got the guys the Coach's wanted. The drafts have been better and Howie is not in the same boat as the Coaching Staff. In general. Vick has never looked good. There was a time when this D was dominant. Juan was not DC material but he was a good O line coach. M.M. is a complete bum, he looked good shortly, but always hate his play calls. He is a moron. April has been a bust, since day one. Bowles was interim head coach for one of the worst teams ever. Juan was better then Bowles, either way AR sold Juan down the river, his fault could of made him another part of the D, like Linebackers. We lost so many good coach's and Andy made the wrong moves. Sad. that it could not work out but it is time to turn the page, get someone who can fire these guys up.

#13 wski

wski

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Grade this move as an A
Grade the timing of this move F- ... What in the sam he ll to so damn long to sign a decent lineman? And where in the he ll are the rest of the decent linemen we still have yet to sign? Obviously we could use a couple more! And where in the he ll is Peters?! Get him on the damn field already!

#14 jaypressley

jaypressley

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

EagleNY, I agree with you big time. Howie brought in the talent, the coaches didn't do there part in matching the incoming talent with what they had in house. They planned for the in coming talent to lead the team, and as we saw with the Redskins for years, that is not how you build a winning program. Very puzzled by this offensive line situation. I know we have injuries but in the past we have always had dept to come in and ball. Also I look at this Howard Mudd system and wonder how the current group really fit in. Mike Mcglynn, Winston Justis, Jamal Jackson, Austin Howard all were not suppose to fit into the system. But how in the world does King Dunlap, Dallas Renalds, Demetrius Bell, and Dennis Kelly fit in. They do not seem any more athletic and are just as big if not bigger then the others. We seemed to let go of our quality dept and replaced it with players that shouldn't even be in the league. That's a coaching problem, one of many if you ask me.

#15 TreFacTor

TreFacTor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

I would have been in the free agent market when Peters then Kelce went down. The Birds put too much faith in Dunlap and he's been nothing but a detriment on the field. Mudds line worked in Indy because he had Manning to make the calls Vick cant be Manning. The Birds don't get to the line fast enough for the QB to make reads or more so they seem to come to the line with only one play. Vick holds the ball way too long and the Birds screen game has been put in the attic of the link. I don't know if Andy or Vick will return, but one thing is certain. The Eagles can't win if the Qb can't throw the ball and if the coaches and front office can't make the right calls.

#16 darthmorbius

darthmorbius

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Too little too late! Quality of players on field = A. Quality of upper level coaching decisions = F. Quality of quarterback critical decision making = F. Another lost season in the books. Eagles theme for the past few years = right decisions made WAAAAY TOO LATE!

#17 TravelerVic

TravelerVic

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

A bandaid for a victim of a machine gun attack. Completely useless in the long run, but a short term solution to cover someones butt from being fired in the middle of the season.

#18 cole2

cole2

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

upper management sells out all the seats every week. Sell truck loads of eagles swag. They get more activity on there website then they can handle at times. Seems to me the upper management is doing quite well. Much better than a lot of teams, with much better records. If you have a formula that works, why change it? In summation making money is first priority, winning is second,and obviously making money isn't contingent on winning.

#19 ddt73

ddt73

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

They should have signed him weeks ago, probably during the bye week would have been best so he would have time to be ready to go right away.

#20 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

"Pro Football Focus ranked Scott as the fourth-best right guard in the NFL last season."

So why is this guy even available? I'm reading between the lines here and something stinks....

#21 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Wski, why force Jason Peters back in a season that's already lost? And I agree with jhop, there was a reason this guy was on the streets..with all the bad o-lines around the league? Maybe teams don't like "Mudd guys"

#22 vinrock3

vinrock3

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

why did it take so long to find a guy like this for the beat down o line and why so late????????should of been looked at weeks ago and could of saved this season /wait lets just blame vick but now we cant cause hes hurt so we better do it now and find another scape goat to blame!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 TravelerVic

TravelerVic

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

MONEY!!!!
The reason why they signed him this late, is not because Eagles did not know of his existence or He did not know that Eagles needed help, it is because behind the scenes there were negotiations about money. Eagles would not pay more then a certain figure, and he wanted to get a higher figure. After this process went on probably for weeks and weeks, they both found a mutually agreeable price. It was all about the right price, not we need him, or save the season, because in the end it is all about MONEY!!