- - - - -

Westbrook's Take: No accountability for Eagles

jordan hall csnphilly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 herbicide

herbicide

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,289 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Hall

Westbrook's Take: No accountability for Eagles

November 13, 2012, 1:00 pm

JORDAN HALL
Posted Image

FOLLOW CSNPHILLY ON TWITTER

On Sunday, King Dunlap didn't have a good game (see story).

On top of that, he visibly quit on one play.

When Dallas' Brandon Carr was running back his interception of Nick Foles for a touchdown, Dunlap had an opportunity to bring down Carr inside the 5-yard line. Dunlap was blocked slightly out of bounds by Victor Butler around the 10-yard line, but still had a chance to make an attempt to tackle Carr. Instead, Dunlap continued to jog farther out of bounds as Carr waltzed into the end zone.

It was an inexcusable lack of effort that should be called out by teammates and coaches, according to Brian Westbrook on Comcast SportsNet's "Eagles Extra."

"Well, you have to point guys out," Westbrook said. "If you want guys to be accountable for the things that they're doing, you have to circle him: 'King Dunlap. What is this right here? We could potentially get this guy down at the 2-yard line and get a stop -- they have to kick a field goal.' So it's important that guys understand, you're accountable not only to yourself, but to this football team. And if these guys aren't looking at each other, saying, 'Listen, I'm out here giving everything that I have to win a football game, and look what you're doing.' That's where this team is going wrong."

Who's responsible to highlight the non-hustle?

"You need leaders to do that," Westbrook said. "However, I'm not sure if this team has that."

E-mail Jordan Hall at jhall@comcastsportsnet.com.

#2 PrinceKelby

PrinceKelby

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Shocking that most of the fans have astonishingly been correct when saying that the main problem with this team is "No Accountability" and that starts with AR, who has never held himself accountable or he would have fired himself long ago instead of using whatever scapegoat he needed. . .only to come back and have the same mess again year after year. . .

#3 weko

weko

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Lurie has never held Reid accountable for his many and wide ranging failures.

#4 greenblood0118

greenblood0118

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts
  • Fan Since:conception

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostPrinceKelby, on 13 November 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Shocking that most of the fans have astonishingly been correct
Which is why we're muthalovin' legendary, bizznatch

#5 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,289 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

View Postweko, on 13 November 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

Lurie has never held Reid accountable for his many and wide ranging failures.

Agreed.

He's let Reid change players, coaches, coordinators, heck even the GM's have changed.  And what is the one constant that has never changed............

#6 mrfitsaro

mrfitsaro

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

The way he gingerly jogged out of bounds right next to the guy that was running into the endzone was pretty dam funny.  If they were still in contention or I wanted Reid to keep his job I would have been pissed though.