Photo

[News] Players Back Foles If He Starts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,790 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Few were expecting rookie quarterback Nick Foles to make much noise this year after being drafted in the third round. Foles was expected to come to Philadelphia and sit behind quarterbacks Michael ...

View the full article

#2 EAGLESinc

EAGLESinc

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Nothing against Vick, but this team needs a fresh look from the QB position...Lets see what the kid can do...made a few mistakes last week , but also did some good things....hopefully the offensive line will give him a pocket and the receivers will get open....cant forget Shady !!...LETS GO EAGLES !!!! ....FLY EAGLES FLY !!!!!!!!

#3 vinrock3

vinrock3

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

every team is gonna come after foles and blitz the heck out of him and the o line just isnt there even with the new free agent signing. still a rookie and hasnt seen enough to win out the season like the eagles need to to try to make a playoff won.

#4 Jbutler2782

Jbutler2782

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Foles looked good against Dallas. He got away with a few throws that he prob shouldnt have thrown.Avant dropped first down pass on 3rd and he had td called back on penalty by dunlap.The int return for td was a fluke play. He threw it behind jackson but he kicked it up in air and became tip drill. And the punt return put them in bad position.This is from a rookie who hasnt played at all. I think he will have a good game and good future. Reid needs to run so opposing defense is guessing what our offense is going to do to help take pressure off of Foles.

#5 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

After the 2011 debacle I have been saying that as long as Vick continues to play MM's game he will not only not finish as the Eagles QB in 2012 he will be out of the league. Vick will not return (at least to be starting QB for the Eagles), if he does it will be for a game or two. Then good luck trying to find another team. The only team that will be interested will be a team who recognized that MM is an idiot and destroyed Vick. Vick is just stupid. He let that idiot MM change his whole game into this worthless player we have watched week in and week out. And that transformation began after the St Louis Rams game (game one in 2011). That was Vick's last great game (the team won and Vick ran for 100-with a line that was porous just as porous as this one). That is when MM said we won but we won the wrong way. MM grabed Vick and from that point on Vick was never the same player and got killed, injured and the team lost big. So MV pay attention, because if you get another shot hopefully you learned something. That is you never abandon what got you there. You may tweek it (like you did in 2010), but you never abandon it. More importantly you don't keep reinforcing failure especially when the coach that is telling you not to be you is an idiot. Jim Mora knew how to use you, his failings were he didn't develop other parts of the team, mainly the defense. Good luck to you Mr Vick, and now the Foles era begins.

#6 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

I really wanted Vick to work but I think all the focus on becoming a pocket passer as well as the injuries have taken a toll on his athleticism. He looks like he's missed a step since 2010, I've routinely seen him get chased down by players that he should be or at least used to be faster than. I think Vick could have done a lot better this year with an actual offensive line and it utilized properly, but it is time to see what Foles can do.

#7 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

If DRC wants to help the rookie QB...maybe he can get a bit more physical and get in there and make some tackles instead of shying away from them...that would be a good place to start.

#8 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Im going to write this more to us fans of the Eagles and not the players. We all know the teams struggle, but I think the fans need to make a change with this organization as well. Around the entire league we are known to be a hard place to play...not just for other teams, but for our own players! This is because the Philly fan base is so quick to turn for and against it's players. (not everyone, but enough do). I have lived in a few cities and see the love that is shown for their teams through good and bad, and personally i think it makes it enjoyable for the players to play for a team with a fan base that supports no matter what (and yes, I do know a couple people that have played), and it does make a difference when they are playing without turmoil surrounding their name!!!...Now, I know us Eagles fans are die-hards that would compete with any other team for the love of their team...I'm just saying we should try and show more positive support for our players instead of being so quick to crucify them!!! They know they are playing bad, we don't need to remind them!

#9 Jbutler2782

Jbutler2782

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

These are grown men getting paid a lot of money. They need to give 100 percent at all times. Players who take plays off like Jackson did many of times last season should get benched.Reid is to soft with this team only once did I see Reid show some balls and that was yelling at Jenkins what did Jenkins do got in Reids face and had to be seperated by Derek Landri. Thats when Jenkins should been benched for atleast 1 regular season game. Reid is a big teddy bear and our team has no leader. Trotter, Hugh Douglass, Dawkins those guys had heart and were true leaders. We have a bunch of over priced babies that havent done jack ****.