Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Defense: First Look At RGIII

113 posts in this topic

He is the savior in Washington, a versatile threat who runs a multiple-option offense and who, quite frankly, scares the beejeebers out of a defense. Robert Griffin III is the real deal and a huge headache for the Eagles on Sunday ...

View the full article

Should be interesting to see how we handle the option attack of the Skins because both Rg3 and morris can kill us running the ball

1 person likes this

I'm honestly looking forward to this game. After accidentally walking into a Dallas Cowboys bar rocking my Trotter jersey and an Eagles cap down here in NC, I need something to make me feel at least a little better. Please win Eagles. Also, I need to learn to read reviews on places before I go lol.

2 people like this

Soulphus had a "bad trip" in Carolina... Bleeding Green smashes #31... Somehow these two events must combine to constitute a good omen for Sunday... (okay, okay, it's a stretch, but I'm trying!)...

And I'm sorry, but look at the photo of Foles up in the right margin there... If that ain't "Shaggy", then I'm Shackleford's uncle...

3 people like this

well tj if you get a chance, ask shack and snorpusblart to post more ! g'd day.

1 person likes this

At least our linebackers are way better than they were last year eh? Ryans was a great pickup and so was Kendricks. Trying to point out the bright side... Still think releasing Castillo was a **** move and Reid is paying for it big time so far.

The major problem that Griff presents is elementary and a matter of perspective and positional alignment. His speed is deceptive and until defenders recognize a sense of where he is,.in relation to themselves,..and adjust their angles accordingly,.......the challenge will be troubling.

1 person likes this

A Squared plus B Squared = where he will BE - not where he WAS.

Monty Python Theorem.....works every time!

2 people like this

I'm hopeful, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is another game I shut off at halftime to save my TV from playing catch with a chair.

1 person likes this

Eagles will be playing "run for the bus" football.

Who cares about RGIII?

Players have lost respect for the coaching staff. It comes down to whether or not that have faith in the decisions of the coaches--and their plays says that they do not.

Interesting analysis by Brian Westbrook on a small facet of the game:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-talk/Eagles-Film-Study-Coaches-ignore-ground-?blockID=801207&feedID=692

2 people like this

RGIII is just one more gimmick QB and I'm glad the Eagles played well enough last season not to be higher in the draft to pick him! He'll have a couple decent seasons then run one too many times and blow out his knee and then be done!

All this will be is another game that the Eagles get embarassed in. Nothing to see here, move on.

Players have lost respect for the coaching staff. It comes down to whether or not that have faith in the decisions of the coaches--and their plays says that they do

Woody...i bet the coaching staff has lost respect for some of these players too.

The article link that Wood posted is infuriating but not at all surprising.

I ask this; when it is time for a new coaching era here, do you guys want an offensive or defensive minded coach?

Eagles will be playing "run for the bus" football.

Who cares about RGIII?

Players have lost respect for the coaching staff. It comes down to whether or not that have faith in the decisions of the coaches--and their plays says that they do not.

Interesting analysis by Brian Westbrook on a small facet of the game:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-talk/Eagles-Film-Study-Coaches-ignore-ground-?blockID=801207&feedID=692

And Ryan said prior to the game, the only person who can stop Shady is MM.

The disturbing part about Woody's article is when former players agree with us fans.