Photo

[News] Herremans Eyes 2013 Return

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,622 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Last season, the offensive line was one of the strongest groups on the team. Right tackle Todd Herremans, along with Jason Peters, Evan Mathis, Jason Kelce and Danny Watkins started the final 12 ga...

View the full article

#2 BtotheH

BtotheH

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

If Peters is healthy enough to come back and play at a high level again I would be for bringing back Herremans, but I would want him at LG right besides Peters. Those two together create huge holes for McCoy and great blind side blocking.

Herremans has done good but struggles some at the RT position, I say we keep him. But we still ahve issues with the O-Line that will need to be addressed in either FA or the draft, heck maybe both!

#3 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Gotta be careful with that, Peters would def help this O line. If we can win a game, maybe they would consider getting him back in their. No sense in getting an all pro lineman re-injured if we have no shot in hell. Know matter what happens. We will need Peters next year. Even if AR and Vick are fired, any decent coach will keep Peters around. If we can win the next few weeks, with Foles under center, then we should bust the big man out and make a run. It is obvious how much we need Peters all around. AR lets people do what they want Herremans was a much better RG then RT. Lets just see how bad the O line is with Foles instead of Vick. He doesn't hold the ball as long as crappy Vick, that will make them better, i bet.

#4 willie11

willie11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Jason Peters and Todd Heremans are argueably the best tackle tandem in the league. And BtotheH Todd moved to the right tackle postion to protect Vick's blindside, and i like him there. I dont think anyone else do it better than him at right tackle aside from Peters, but he needs to stay at left tackle. Plus i like Even Mathis, he is a pro bowl caliber left gaurd. If we can continue to develop Jason Kelce and Danny Watkins, our line is solid. But i don't know about Watkins, he needs to step it up. But being 28 years old already, he has limited upside.