Photo

[News] McCoy Willing To Shoulder Load

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,590 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

With all signs pointing to rookie quarterback Nick Foles making his first career NFL start on Sunday, Foles' potential backfield mate is planning on taking a little more responsibility for the perf...

View the full article

#2 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

Shoulder the load? Maybe Shady will actually get a load to shoulder in this game. He needs at least 23 carries. I trust that Foles will find him on check downs too, so he should get more catches than he had with Vick (who for some reason never checks down)

#3 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

There's no need for a run game here. This is a passing team. McCoy should be just fine on the bench.

#4 craigj

craigj

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,954 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

We're fine there.

#5 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

McCoy can't shoulder a load without blocking from the O line. Foles looked pretty good for his first game. He made some nice plays. He also threw a couple TD pass's that Vick has had trouble with. He did turn the ball over twice but once wasn't his fault. He has the chance to put Vick on the bench, for the rest of the year. Just win and see ya, fumbling idiot.

#6 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

They are making like our star QB got hurt. He was awful all year. Foles will win this job. McCoy is not to blame, the O line has not been run blocking well, this year. I know we have a lot of injuries on the line. But, even before all these injuries they struggled.

#7 shortgokiller

shortgokiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

I think Foles won the Job in the preseason, Sal Paolentonio said On the Sirius XM Opening driver just before the regular season to let the kid start and see what he's got, I don't think the game would have been a one point win in Cleveland, and he would have only gotten better there. Just My opinion. I am excited for Foles, good luck and waiting for a big EAGLES win!

#8 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I have a feeling this may be the game where they actually call run plays, just to spite all the fans that wanna see what Foles can do.