Photo

[Spadaro] News, Notes And Things I Think

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
117 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,492 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Maybe it's the fact that rookie Nick Foles is in line to start his first NFL game, or that a large media contingent in town has more variety in their questions or that the NFC East has the Eagles charged up ...

View the full article

#2 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

I'd rather see a 100% healthy Peters-even if that means next season- than rush him back before he's fully healed.

#3 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Dynamite will shine this sunday!

Darn you ppw....thought for sure that would be my first "first". Ah well.

#4 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

I didn't think it was gonna let me in-it was acting funny. Must've been trying to process both at the same time.

#5 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

It would be nice if this "different feeling" that's been happening this week translates to "better playing" on the field.

#6 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

2 things: 1) this defense is so loaded with supposed talent that no team should be able to score on them. No injuries on defense and they are not even average on defense. Sad. So sad! 2) the way this could work out....foles shows average talent at best the rest of the season and as a result....Vick gets paid and he returns as the starter next year.

This team is simply not talented enough to overcome an average rookie starting QB. The defense better step it up. It is now or never D!

I would still like to see more 2 TE sets with Harbor. I like his skill set. And i would like to see Johnson in the slot or Djax in the slot. Catch and run!

And MM, don't set the crappy OLine up to fail miserably anymore. They are not very good. So help them out for crying out loud.

EAGLES!

#7 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

it's an interesting topic, what canadaeagles said on previous oti, regarding the pressure, or lack thereof, on foles. he says there is no pressure to win. i disagree. and even if there is none, i hope foles has the mental hunger to put that pressure on himself and his teammates.

i caught the eagles live show yesterday, just when dave and caplan were talking about the presence and stamina and control and impact of a rookie qb upon his teammates, mentioning brady, peyton manning, and, what made me howl with laughter, jay cutler to an extent. that will be a great thing to watch, methinks.

#8 Theo

Theo

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

Dave, if Foles plays poorly and this team loses....they're 3-7, and their would be no shot of playoffs. So yeah, keep em in there and let him play the season out. Bringing Vick back at that point would be senseless.

You say, "is it fair to the rest of the team to keep the rookie in the lineup"?...WHO CARES!!! They've had their chance to go out there and make a difference, and to this point have failed. So, if he does struggle Sunday, but Reid decides to stay with him, great. What the other players think at that point shouldn't matter. Again, they've had plenty of opportunity to turn this thing around and haven't done it. No matter what happens, just hand the keys to Foles and roll with it the rest of '12...good or bad! You have to see what you have....

All that said, lets get a win Sunday. Crazy as it sounds, a win and we're only 2 behind NY...Their schedule is brutal and come off their bye with a game vs Pack. IF, IF, IF we can manage to beat Washington and Carolina; Giants lose to GB next week, were only a game out. LETS DO THIS!!

#9 Tommy J

Tommy J

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

We used to have "TO" making a statement on the field, and now we have "The-O" making a statement on the board! Theo you're right on the money...they had their chance. Vick gives us our best chance to win? Really? How? Aren't we 3-6 with Vick as QB?

Vick is the toughest guy in the NFL in my opinion but he needs a good Oline in front of him to shine. "It all starts up front" and we can't get started

#10 bray536

bray536

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Dave, I highly doubt Eagles fans are going to spend money to go down to D.C. and fill that stadium to watch this group of individuals posing as a "team". I know you are paid to write this stuff, but don't be asking fans to spend their hard earned money in a tough economy on this most disgraceful team. I'm 30 and this is the most disgraceful team I can remember. I'd take the 3-13 1998 Eagles any day over this bunch of "me generation" individuals.

#11 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Old Bray mare,....perk up!,....Spuds aint axing anybody nutin'..he's hoping,.which is reserved for womens and chiddrens...That said,...Fedex is always sold out,..and rumor has it,..despite what Shanny said,....mike Quick disputes that the Skins fans have given up,..quite the opposite. They see possibilities for their team to get into a position of strength w/i the division. I ain't talking,.playoffs,...playoffs????

#12 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

I've watched Griff a cupla games. He runs basic plays well,..wiff some nice deception,..and superb accuracy,.on passing plays. Methinks some clever stunts could muck him up,.esp if the second layer of defenders do their jobs and recognize his deceptive speed,.using angles of intercept and destruction. Carry on.

#13 PhelanJo

PhelanJo

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

Brilliant. 12 you are hired to coach the Philadelphia Pigeons defense. The overated Redskins QB will NEVER win a SB in Washington. Hey Nick you might want to get a haircut before your first start. Cut Vick after the SB and save 16 million. Then get some OL. Andy how is Todd Bowles working out as your DC.

#14 gotbirds2412

gotbirds2412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

I know there is not much to be happy about, but fans need to stay positive about this team. There are 7 games left in this season and slot can happen in those games. This division is still up for grabs we're only two games behind the giants. The NFL is so unpredictable I mean look at the giants last year. We just need to start with a win this weekend and get on a roll. From watching foles in the Dallas game I see slot of promise. I think he can be very good he definitely has the tools. And finally For the love of god can we please give vinny curry a chance? Who knows maybe some fresh legs can give some life to the defense and add some energy.

#15 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Phelatio,..as per usual,.yur exemplary comments exude the phlegm of yur person,..a miserable, negatory,..surly, ignorant,..rush to ASSessment failure. Return when you have something of merit to add to this BORED's ledger. Prospice,..................GK.

#16 PhelanJo

PhelanJo

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Brizer12 when you were born did they smack your Mother. The Pigeons suck why don't you just admit it.

#17 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

i could swear i saw an std of sorts, by shack, whom i adore.

ah ppw, apparently, gone are the days of the funny-ish avatars, boy you look so serious and behaved. is that really you over there out west ?

#18 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

when i read that april understands the fans being angered by the ineptitude of the special teams, i want to shout. what the blazes does he care what the fans think, and if they are legitimately irate or not ? just to your job, you numbskull. i want him off the team next season.

#19 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

If i'm Philly to replace Avant in the slot i move Maclin inside and play Cooper on the outside along with Djax. Damaris i'd also like to see get used more he has been a good WR from what i seen this yr, PR not so much.

#20 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Bleeder,...I'd like to see Cooper, damaris,.and harbor share slot duties,..and have Coop give boff outsiders blows when they need it. Maclin does not have the "techniques" to be as effective inside,.as out.

#21 gotbirds2412

gotbirds2412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Bleeding green93, I agree with maclin in the slot that's where he played most of his snaps in college and can probably make the switch easily. He definitely can play on the outside, but maybe he plays better inside giving Riley Cooper a shot on the outside.

#22 gdibig

gdibig

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

"If he plays poorly, is it fair to the rest of the team to keep the rookie in the lineup?"

It didn't seem to matter to the rest of the team while Vick stank it up for 6 1/4 games this season (and how many last season), so why should they care if Foles plays poorly? At least he might show some progress (unlike our supposed veteran quarterback)!

And since when do we worry about "fair" in the NFL? Does everybody get a "participation trophy" now?

#23 gotbirds2412

gotbirds2412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Brizer12, maclin played in the slot at Missouri most of the time so he difinately has the techniques and the ability to play there.

#24 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Gotbirdie,..I saw Mac play everywhere at Missou,.but quite frankly skills in college aren't always transferable to the pros. He was a Man among boys in college,.a great return guy,..but troofly,.he kinda suked doing that here,..for a variety of reasons. I stick by my view,..he just aint a slot WR. Put him there once in a awhile,.like they do #10,..I'm ok with. Carry on.

#25 gotbirds2412

gotbirds2412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Brizer12 ok I can see that point. College is clearly different than the pros. Honestly who cares who plays at this point just need a win lol

#26 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Welp,...my W7 proclamation at the beginning of the season,.is showing some virtuosity,...albeit mostly in disappointment. I don't know why,.but eventually I will know why. Thus,.gotbirdie,..I do care abit who plays,..but like you,.. winning makes alot of mediocre players,..look better,.and usually makes us feel better as well...Hahahaaha!!!!

#27 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Welp,...off to da gym.

#28 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Vick has now been ruled out vs the Skins.... Foles will get his first NFL start

#29 BromanianBird

BromanianBird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

Question, if we finish the season at say, 5-11 or worse and we earn(well I wouldn't really call it earning) one of the top 3 picks. Do we have that much faith in Foles that we don't draft a QB?

#30 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

DDD....My STD 34-27 Iggles of course. RGIII has pass batted at line of scrimmage and lands in Fletcher Cox's grizzly mitts and he rumbles and stumbles for an interception return for a TD. I get the sense the team is fired up for this game. The excitement of seeing Foles at QB and the way the line blocked for him when he came in against the cowgirls seems to have everyone buzzing. I'm stoked! Snot bubbles! I wanna see them! Djax or Maclin or Cooper, burn the $#!* outta Deangelo Hall! Let's go fellas! No Prisoners!