Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hyperswipe

Open Competition at QB next year?

5 posts in this topic

Dave, after all the beating Vick took for the team this year behind the pathetic turnstyle O line... why is it a foregone conclusion he is gone next year? he should get a chance to play behind what i'm assuming will be a much better line next year, and let him & Foles battle it out for the starting spot. and if Vick gets beat out... i'm betting he would still like to stay in Philly even if he's the backup. although In my opinion I think behind at least a decent line, Vick would prove to still be a lot better a player than Foles at this point in their careers!

The speculation that he'll be gone is due to the assumption that Reid-- who gambled on Vick-- will likely be gone, and that Vick's contract gets expensive if he's on the roster next year.

Dave, after all the beating Vick took for the team this year behind the pathetic turnstyle O line... why is it a foregone conclusion he is gone next year? he should get a chance to play behind what i'm assuming will be a much better line next year, and let him & Foles battle it out for the starting spot. and if Vick gets beat out... i'm betting he would still like to stay in Philly even if he's the backup. although In my opinion I think behind at least a decent line, Vick would prove to still be a lot better a player than Foles at this point in their careers!

Vick has been starter for 3 years, missed the playoffs 2 of the 3 (I am counting this season) and lost in his only playoff game. His stats aren't great and he turns the ball over like crazy. He is also due a ton of money next year ... it ain't gonna happen (unless he'd be willing to restructure.)

The line was fine last year & he sucked then, too.

Vick has been starter for 3 years, missed the playoffs 2 of the 3 (I am counting this season) and lost in his only playoff game. His stats aren't great and he turns the ball over like crazy. He is also due a ton of money next year ... it ain't gonna happen (unless he'd be willing to restructure.)

The line was fine last year & he sucked then, too.

people keep forgetting he was out of the game for 2 years... And the play calling has sucked on top of it! it's funny the talk of catering the offense to Foles strengths, but they never went out of their way when Vick was in there. instead they try to change HIM!