Photo

[News] Waiting For Foles' 'Wow" Moment

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,864 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

We're through the first week before his first NFL start, and Nick Foles has yet to show that wide-eyed, I'm-really-here moment. Maybe it's not going to come. Maybe it just feels right for him ...

View the full article

#2 SouthlandEagle

SouthlandEagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Whether or not Nick is the future, he looked more poised and ready than Vick to start and win. Period. He will have his bumpy moments but lets give him a chance that he deserves after that great start.

1st 1st, btw

#3 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Missing two 1sts in one day....##%@%!
Foles will be my main focus of this game. It almost feels like a preseason game to me, now that we're pretty much out of the playoffs. sigh

#4 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

One person doesn't change how the team will play. At the end of the day, our oline won't block, our dline won't get the job done, our poor safeties will be exposed. I don't see how a 3rd round draft pick is the answer to both our short term and long term problems.

#5 eagle40

eagle40

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Give Foles a chance. I don't understand this town and the media idiots that we as fans had to endure for the past 15 years. Why do the idiots of this pathetic city always favor a player for political reasons? McNabb was a good QB but not great like Brady or Brees. Yet, the media PCs kept making McNabb the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now we are struck with Vick who is a hoodlum, criminal, and quite frankly not a good QB. He is a very good athlete but not a QB. Yet our liberal media, Andy Reid, and our fearless leader Jeff Laurie wanted Vick because he was a political and media attraction. There is always an excuse for Vick. Poor Mikey Vick. Oh ya Foles has to be a star in this game or hes not worth keeping. Ya one game is going to determine his fate. My gog, we have been giving Vick 4 years of opportunity and he contimues to get worse. You see where I am going with this Dave S.
Lets transform this clown(Vick) into a super bowl winner. What a joke. I know all those Philly liberals and media idiots would love to see Foles fail because this would reinforce their love for the worthless Vick. This is not just a team problem but a political correctness problem. I hope Nick lights up the sky. However, he is a rookie and it takes a young player 2-3 years to develop. This is the problem with Philadelphia sports. Between the politicis and no patience to develop young players Foles has a hard mountain to climb. Its not his fault because the has the size, arm, and intelligence to be a good QB. However, does Dave Spadaro, the liberal media, and this pathetic organization have the gonads to stick with a young player and develop him into something special. Will the Eagles throw politics out the door and concentrate on winning with the right players. I wonder whats more important to Jeff Laurie? Is it glamour, hipe, political image, or maybe giving the fans something we have yearned since 1965. A Super Bowl.

#6 trini

trini

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Disappointed that Mike not able to go, really like the kid's Size, Instincts and Toughness. Impressive in the pre - season and in the Cowgals game Is this the SPARK this team needs, the offence appeared better synchronized in his short stint against them Stinking Cowgals. This team starting with the Coaches know it is time to step up. Lets Go Birds.

#7 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

I'm ready to see what Foles can do, I hated the Vick era and can't wait for a fresh start.
Hypothetical Question: If Foles plays well Sunday and Reid decides to stick with the kid and he plays lights out the rest of the year regardless of our record, can Andy keep his job? Wat do You think?

#8 wski

wski

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Okay, Im generally overly optimistic, but am I the only one having a hard time truly believing that the Eagles are going to win this (or any other) game with basically a back up O line and a back up QB? We're fuct, totally fuct!

#9 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

At least we have NO expectations for this game. In act, we all expect to lose. What a bad feeling!

#10 Palm Feathers

Palm Feathers

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Fan Since:1962

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Win/Loss is nice but Fans root for a Team.....not only a Win/Loss Record.
Don't think there's anyone with a pulse in this City can't see that there's BIG problems and WE ALL have the answers - right?
Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on.....better days a-coming.
These are STILL our Birds............time to be their FANS.

#11 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

The Philly media got their pocket passer now. Watch all the gushing on this kid begin. Just like a main stream media reporter gushing over a Obama serenade to a commie, the Philly sports media will gush all over a white pocket passer whether he plays well or not.

Eagles just release Vick now and be done with this bull crap relationship you have with him so you can move on and start making love to this new QB.

#12 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

oh no no no. i don't expect a loss. i can anticipate one, but i don't expect it. i expect a win, always, regardless of the game. now, of course, there's a difference between what my heart expects, and my brains anticipate.. :(:(

@eagle40 liberals of all countries are leagued against you, hadn't you noticed ? jeffrey lAurie is the michael moore of the nfl !!!!!!!!! time to revolt and replace him with a football-romney, who for sure ain't no criminal or hoodlum !!

ahhh. thanks for making me laugh, eagle40. smashing post.

#13 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Nat,...the BORED is frequently getting circumscribed by hack abortionists,.in dank,.dark alleys,..wiff coat hangers as their instruments of deaf. Sorry about the disturbing visual,..but being one of the few educated posters here,..methinks you understand the hyperbolic yet proximal analogy. Carry on.

Oh,.......good. Funt is gone.

#14 Cactusjim

Cactusjim

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'll say this, a lot more Eagles fans will be watching this game just because they want to see if Foles is the one.

#15 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

eagle40, that is the ignorant post I've ever read on here. Methinks you've been watching too much of the Faux news network or listening to Rush Limpbrain.

#16 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hahaaha,..right!!!...Being a quality NFL QB is a dynamic process,..taking between 2-4 years,.before a "crown" can be adorned. Only supreme knuckleheads would view this game as a signal to "oneness". Harumph!!!!...I'll be watching a football game,..between to disappointing teams,..trying their best to recover the "IT",.factor. My focus is on our D, O,.and our ST play. This is a team game,..where coaching and execution of game plan should be critical to the outcome.

#17 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,835 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

3D's week11 STD. 28...21 Skins. We allow over 200 yards, on the ground.

#18 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,835 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Go Sixers.

#19 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Methinks STD has a better than average shot at beating the 'skins. Whoswiffme?

#20 mhre1

mhre1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

How do you defend against the "hipness" of RGIII ? Just kidding Dave. I hope Foles shows us what the future(next year and beyond) has in store.

#21 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

MIRE......I'm working on a tangible quantitative hipness metric as we speak. No ez task,..guvna'!

#22 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Whether we have a chance or not for the playoffs is irrelevant. Greatness is always expected. Toughness is always expected. Let's sit back, enjoy watching the possible promise of the quarterback of the future, pray for Vick's health(not as a football player but as a human being), and cheer on our Iggles! Whether the coaches get it or is on them. Is there change in the future? Possibly, but right now it's the Deadskins and RGIII. I wanna see the team amped up! I wanna see the spirit of JJ infuse the D and I want to hear the pop of shoulder pads! Bringon the game! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

#23 igglezphan

igglezphan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

I noticed that one of the videos was titled "Nnamdi sounds off on Foles." Maybe he should be sounding off on why we blew so much on a bust of a corner. Maybe next time, mgmt. will think twice before overpaying for an over-the-hill, over-hyped player out of the AFC West. Being good in that division is like being the best player in a neighborhood full of gaming nerds.

#24 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

i don't know if i really want a 'wow' moment. i'd be satisfied with regularity and constistency, at all positions. foles will be judged according to this game, but what will we do with our judgements ? can we really evaluate a player after one game and a half ? it makes me smile, all these people who think him so poised and astounding. what a display of naïveté. i too want to badly, so badly, latch on to him as the future franchise qb who will finally lead this team to a parade on broad st, but hope is one thing, opening one's eyes is another.

this will be an emotional game for me.

i have read a few words that dennis kelly (hagrid, for once i like a nickname) supposedly said about vick, and i don't like the feeling that this offense is cracking at the seams. there is one thing i wish of foles, maybe even more than a win. he has to gather his players around him. he has to create a unity. that's a tough job. go eagles !!!!

#25 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Iggle, you do realize a lot of the busted covers came from safeties biting on play action. Press coverage isn't a zone, which is why WR get passed both Nnamdi and DRC. You can't expect them to win battles at the line each snap.

#26 Drew05

Drew05

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

I haven't been this "excited" for an Iggles game in a long time...maybe Kolb's start to 2010...

I know Foles will have some struggles, and I don't expect him to be "hall of fame" and solve all the issues this team faces...I know he'll have his faults...

I'm just ready for a new set of "faults"...

He'll get rid of the ball, his 2nd career throw showed more anticipation than Vick showed in 2 1/2 seasons...he'll accept the checkdown, he'll probably be called "Captain Checkdown" by many...but so what, this team needs to build some momentum, not have negative plays every 3rd play.

He'll throw some bad picks, lookin' to get rid of it quickly...but if he learns from them, I'll accept them.

This teams fortunes are about to turn!

Go Eagles!

#27 mhre1

mhre1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

LOL Brizer

#28 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Haha..Nat,..you basically parroted my thoughts that I posted about 2 hours ago,.you get a like,.and i get squat!!!...Conspiracy of Confederates,..I say!!!!!..Hahahaaha!!!...Mr. Woodcock must be behind it!!!

#29 Dr Funt

Dr Funt

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Funt is here!

Hey bri.....! how are you ol' pal?

#30 brizer12

brizer12