- - - - -

Biggest susprise/bust

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,802 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Okay, so every team has played atleast 9 games already this season (some played 10)

with that being said whats the biggest susprise, Busts, and other things of that nature in youre opnion

Susprise-- Id have to go with the Colts being 6-3. There are alot of ways/things I could have went, but with as bad as the Colts were in 2011, Luck who was drafted #1 overall has the Colts in the playoffs (if season ended today) with a 6-3 record. They already have 3x the amount of wins as they did in 2011 (2wins)

The only weapon that he has that fans knowis Reggie Wayne. His other offensive weapons are a collection of normal draft picks or run-offs from other teams. This amazing 6-3 start also is happening with thier new HC (was hired this past offseason) found out he has cancer and is going through Kemo as we speak so he can get back to coaching THIS SEASON. Put all this toghter and this has to be the biggest susprise in the NFL so far this season

#2 BDAWK_4EVER

BDAWK_4EVER

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,258 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Biggest Bust: Lions

#3 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

The biggest bust has to be the Jets

#4 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,509 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Biggest surprise: Vick lasted as long as he did before going out with an injury.

#5 EaglesCB37

EaglesCB37

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Surprise: AP

Bust: Stafford (at least fantasy-wise, in reality, the Lions as a whole)

#6 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 79,415 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

View PostVaBeach_Eagle, on 17 November 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Biggest surprise: Vick lasted as long as he did before going out with an injury.

Agreed. Thought he'd have been out much sooner, but he perservered, and upheld his reputation of missing games just about every season.

#7 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 79,415 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

My biggest bust would actually be the Eagles. 2 straight years, they were expected to be strong playoff contenders, possibly even Super Bowl contenders, and both years, they've failed miserably. The bottom has seemed to fall out completely. Reid's after-the-bye undefeated streak is broken. He's lost 5 games in a row for the first time in his head coaching career, and his normal end of the year surge looks like it'll be in serious doubt as well.

#8 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostEagleJoe8, on 18 November 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

My biggest bust would actually be the Eagles. 2 straight years, they were expected to be strong playoff contenders, possibly even Super Bowl contenders, and both years, they've failed miserably. The bottom has seemed to fall out completely. Reid's after-the-bye undefeated streak is broken. He's lost 5 games in a row for the first time in his head coaching career, and his normal end of the year surge looks like it'll be in serious doubt as well.

I saw this coming. I know Eagles fans are dissapointed with the season so far but this past offseason all you saw and heard about was the Jets 24/7. They had helicopters at their training camp. You'd think they were some kind of all star team from the way the media slobbed on their knobs. It was ridiculous. Especially considering the SB Champs were down the street.

#9 dmac5

dmac5

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,221 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

View PostCMPunk, on 18 November 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

I saw this coming. I know Eagles fans are dissapointed with the season so far but this past offseason all you saw and heard about was the Jets 24/7. They had helicopters at their training camp. You'd think they were some kind of all star team from the way the media slobbed on their knobs. It was ridiculous. Especially considering the SB Champs were down the street.

They only got as much media exposure as they did because of Tebow. If he hadn't been traded to NY, it would have been the regular exposure for the Jets.

Biggest surprise--Colts. Nobody, and I mean nobody, saw them starting 6-3.

Biggest bust--Philly. I knew they weren't going 12-4 like some on this board said, but I really didn't believe we would start 3-6. There is a good amount of talent on this team.

*The bad part is we really could be 0-9 right now. :nonono:

#10 rocketman44

rocketman44

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • Team:49ers
  • Fan Since:1967

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Big busts so far:

Jets. But I'm not surprised. You can't have a media circus atmosphere and management that seems to encourage it (by bringing in Tebow for instance and then having him hold repeated press conferences) and still win. In addition, they have almost no offensive talent, and their defense has slipped considerably. Of all the disappointing teams, I think they're the easiest to diagnose in terms of why it has happened that way.

Lions. Again, not surprised. There's a lack of discipline on and off the field going back to last season and now the chickens are home to roost. An operation like this can't maintain success.

Eagles. Not shocked here either, though I did think they'd be better. I thought the offense would be more productive, and I still don't think the defense this season was bad under Castillo. In fact, it was the unit that kept them in games. The firing of Castillo was a mistake that underscores the problem(s) with this team.

With all three teams, there are issues that start at the top.

Surprises:

Colts. This team's management transition is already paying dividends. Coach Pagano's illness has not derailed the team, thanks in large part to his inspiration and the fact that Bruce Arians has taken the reigns capably.

#11 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,859 posts
  • Team:Giants
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

The Colts are the obvious choice for being a surprise, but I'd also put Denver up there as well. I knew Peyton would get them playing better, but not this quickly

#12 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Other than beating the Packers, I'm not all that surprised by what the Colts are doing.  Luck was the most polished, pro-ready QB to come out of college since his predecessor.

I'm more surprised by / impressed with the Seahawks, Wilson beating out Flynn and some of the teams they've beaten.  With the way they're playing and their remaining schedule the could very easily win 10 games.

#13 BKLYNYG

BKLYNYG

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,589 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Surprise: Colts

Bust: Eagles

Two very easy choices for me. Philly fans should be absolutely furious, what a disgrace. As a Giants fan I'm absolutely furious they lost to these chumps.

Colts fans should be thrilled. What an amazingly quick turnaround. They're playing better on offense, defense and specials.

#14 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,859 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostBKLYNYG, on 18 November 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Two very easy choices for me. Philly fans should be absolutely furious, what a disgrace. As a Giants fan I'm absolutely furious they lost to these chumps.

Colts fans should be thrilled. What an amazingly quick turnaround. They're playing better on offense, defense and specials.

And the way this season is going, they'll likely lose to them again. Something inexplicable happens to the Giants in those games. They could be completely running the table from week 1, and turn in a purely garbage performance against Philly, full of stupid mistakes and piss poor execution.

This Philly team is awful though. Shockingly bad

#15 BKLYNYG

BKLYNYG

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,589 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 18 November 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

And the way this season is going, they'll likely lose to them again. Something inexplicable happens to the Giants in those games. They could be completely running the table from week 1, and turn in a purely garbage performance against Philly, full of stupid mistakes and piss poor execution.

This Philly team is awful though. Shockingly bad

They certainly will not lose to them again. They'll split for the second straight season and then the pendulum will start swinging back in out favor going forward.

#16 JRoy

JRoy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostVaBeach_Eagle, on 17 November 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

:thumbsup:
That guy that gave vick that game day chest armor and guaranteed that he would not get hurt is looking pretty good right now. I thought he was foolish to make that guarantee but, wow! I wonder if he'll look into making helmet gear next year.

#17 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 79,415 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostBKLYNYG, on 18 November 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

The problem is the fans are more apathetic than furious right now. Fans are suffering from a massive case of Reid fatigue.

#18 Innocence096

Innocence096

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 27,554 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

I want to pick two of each.

My surprises are the Colts and Vikings (mostly the return of Peterson). I thought both would be down again this yeat

my busts are the Eagles and Lions.

#19 Eagle fan in SA

Eagle fan in SA

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

If we can pick two, here are mine.

Suprise: Broncos, Peyton getting it done after his break.
  Colts, riding the emotion of Luck & Pagano.

Bust: Eagles, no explanation needed.
Panthers, Cam doing everything with no support.

#20 iinvincible

iinvincible

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Eagles.

#21 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,802 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

no-one can argue that the Eagles have to be the biggest bust in the NFL this season IMO.

Yesterday the team looked like they quit already. They are done for the season, and Id be susprised if they went 1-5 the rest of the way.

#22 pencil face

pencil face

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Biggest surprise..
Colts

Bust
Eagles,  all that Fing talent and you at the bottom of the division...

#23 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,269 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Surprise- Tampa, a college coach, a D-Cord that was horrible in NY, losing their best pass rusher (Adrian Clayborn), Trading way Talib.

#24 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 79,415 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

View Postpencil face, on 19 November 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Biggest surprise..
Colts

Bust
Eagles,  all that Fing talent and you at the bottom of the division...

It's not all bad. We have a kick arse pool table and big screen TV down here in the basement. Since it looks like it could be a lengthy stay, we may add a few pinball machines as well.

#25 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,067 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Surprise ~ TB.  My new NFC team!  And the Colts.  WOW.  And Seattle! Woo hoooo!

Bust ~ Not too suprising, but San Diego.  My AFC team..........booooooo!