Photo

[News] Eagles Search For Needed Victory

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
248 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,490 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

We're at the point where the term "desperate" applies to the Eagles, a team that has lost five straight games. It's fair to say that the Eagles need a win so very, very badly ...

View the full article

#2 EAGLESinc

EAGLESinc

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

You mean Dallas trips up against Cleveland....yeah Dave your amped up...LOL

#3 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Washington's secondary has been a weakness so expect a lot of passing and an ignored run game.

#4 kimmusj

kimmusj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

I like Dave but he right there with the other over hyped up fans with this Nick Foles ishh. I like Nick and he has some upside but for all who watched the game couldn't have missed the fact that Vick was having a nice game before injury and for people to say Nick gave the team a spark is merely foolish because it still resulted in a lost. So hush with that bs and I can't wait til 2morrow when a number 1 defense prepared for a rookie and a bunch of underachieving linemen and these over hyped fans see the real problem and then it will be foles and vick fault so trent should be our quarterback.!!!lmao

#5 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

kimmusj, we still lost 4 games before that with Vick as the starter. Don't sit there and pretend like Vick was going to turn our season around with the way he's been playing for the last 2 years. I agree we should wait to see what Foles can do in multiple games before getting too excited about him, but we've seen just about everything we're going to see from Vick.

#6 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

dave, please go back into oti mode !! this 'nick foles is wearing this and that' doesn't suit me. who gives a fiddler's fart huh ? so far, showing off like drc has done with his outfits has served only to exacerbate how bad he has played (he is my disappointment of the year, along with 52 others).

no but really. all this 'there is a hype but he's just a regular kid' stuff gets a little bit too much. i'm all in favour of anticipation and letting the excitement build up, but enough is enough. :devil:

and now, off to watch a college football game. two interesting coaches, i'm told ! :angel:

#7 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm tired of peoe saying this team has a weak secondary and this team doesn't. Saints had a weak secondary and beat us. So maybe stop throwing the around like it means something. A weak secondary can look good with a strong front 3/4 and with a weak oline.

#8 kimmusj

kimmusj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Green-feathers yeah we did lose four with Vick the starter but 3 of 4 were on the defense in the Pittsburgh, Detroit and Atlanta game what did you want the man to do play defense im not saying Vick was not at fault but folks have to be realistic he played well in the Saints game even with that horrible line and was having a sharp game before the injury took place against Dallas so the problem was not Vick here has of lately and we will see that 2morrow unfortunately the eagles are victims of injuries and underachieving coaching at times because no one can name 32 starting quarterbacks better then Vick in the league and certainly Foles is not one so to cry for him to save the team is quite pathetic and unfair to him.

#9 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Oh dear lord in heaven.

Punctuation anyone ? It's free, and commonly used when writing, so as to be clearer and less jibberishy.

#10 kimmusj

kimmusj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Lets praise the English scholar and expert Frenchladyfan lol!!

#11 bringit91

bringit91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I think the stadium should play the Mr Softee song during the pregame till this team mans up and plays some whoop a** football!

#12 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

When a post is a giant run-on sentence, it doesn't make for interesting reading.
Neither does insulting a lady.

#13 kimmusj

kimmusj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

To be honest I was not trying to insult the lady or anyone just having fun so my apologies if anyone was offended!!

#14 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Oh dear. I wasn't offended but it was not a fun post. Let's move on...

Oh and. davidshawdavidshawdavidshaw ..

#15 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'm not saying Vick was the problem, but we certainly weren't putting up points with Vick. So let's put a more "traditional" pocket passer in there with a bigger frame and a quicker release and see if the offense flows a little better.

That's what Dave and all the other Foles Fans want to see tomorrow, this offense running smoothly with a big QB

#16 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,178 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Wishing Nick Foles an auspicious first start. Manage the game and by all means call a time out if you disagree with the OCs play call. Have fun. Stay safe. A new and improved coaching staff awaits...

#17 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Its is FOLES TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he will have a great day tomorrow vs a horrible secondary and a very poor pass rush

#18 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

You wish for David Shaw to come here?

#19 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

I can understand the excitement surrounding Foles. I think many fans are disappointed with the product they've seen the last couple seasons. Tomorrow will say a lot not only regarding Foles, but the team and the coaching staff as well.

#20 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

he's my boy to replace andy. clean slate. been saying so for a little while.

#21 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

I think with Foles as QB we will see a more balanced O but we r still going to throw the ball quite abit

I say 36passes to 32runs for a total of 68plays run by the eagles O this week vs the Skins

Didn't David Shaw just become Standford's HC like last yr isn't it kind of early for him to leave there??? Wouldn't mind him as the next HC though he has done a fine job replacing Haraburgh.

#22 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

I was just thinking that. Watching this game. People been talking about Chip Kelly but Shaw is a new direction.
It is all a shot in the dark. Oregon is just more like what we have on the team now. I think Chip could either have great success or fail miserably. Shaw in the long run could be a better option. The Problem is with our current personal like McCoy, Djax, D Johnson, Harbor, Maclin are all fast for their positions. Chip could come in draft more speed and win from the start. Never know. Just thinkin

#23 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

BG, that "balance" is exactly what I'm looking for. Or maybe even more important is "adaptation". Will MM stick to his stubborn ways or...........?

#24 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Shaw seems like he runs a more classic style team and it works great. With all our speed we need to Utilize. I am all for Foles Tomorrow. I think he will hold his own. We need to hope they figured out how to utilize this D and not make mistakes on ST, all day.

Speed is winning now

#25 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

lol PPW.... Saints game enough said. We ran for over 100yds in the 1st qtr. alone and MM stuck to his stubborn pass happy ways he isn't going to change this team is living and dying by the pass.

#26 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Everyone is getting these speedy players but look at some of the best teams this yr they r the big strong old school teams like the Bears,SF and Texans they come in and they just beat u with the run and tough hard nose D. I want to get away from this finesse style of team we have and become more like SF,Ravens,Bears,Texans etc.

#27 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Yeah, that's what I mean. Oh he'll run the ball, on 3rd & 23 or other times when it's pointless. What was your stat for Foles' passing? Like 330?

#28 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

M.M. should of been fired instead of Juan. I would of waited till the end of the yr to fire Juan. Marty has not helped the cause at all. His play-calling with a depleted O line, is ridiculous.

#29 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

I got Foles going over 300 yds this game but that is mainly due to the poor Skins secondary

#30 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

West coast works but, he has had the same issues in the red zone for too long. Enough