Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Search For Needed Victory

249 posts in this topic

We're at the point where the term "desperate" applies to the Eagles, a team that has lost five straight games. It's fair to say that the Eagles need a win so very, very badly ...

View the full article

You mean Dallas trips up against Cleveland....yeah Dave your amped up...LOL

1 person likes this

Washington's secondary has been a weakness so expect a lot of passing and an ignored run game.

1 person likes this

I like Dave but he right there with the other over hyped up fans with this Nick Foles ishh. I like Nick and he has some upside but for all who watched the game couldn't have missed the fact that Vick was having a nice game before injury and for people to say Nick gave the team a spark is merely foolish because it still resulted in a lost. So hush with that bs and I can't wait til 2morrow when a number 1 defense prepared for a rookie and a bunch of underachieving linemen and these over hyped fans see the real problem and then it will be foles and vick fault so trent should be our quarterback.!!!lmao

kimmusj, we still lost 4 games before that with Vick as the starter. Don't sit there and pretend like Vick was going to turn our season around with the way he's been playing for the last 2 years. I agree we should wait to see what Foles can do in multiple games before getting too excited about him, but we've seen just about everything we're going to see from Vick.

1 person likes this

dave, please go back into oti mode !! this 'nick foles is wearing this and that' doesn't suit me. who gives a fiddler's fart huh ? so far, showing off like drc has done with his outfits has served only to exacerbate how bad he has played (he is my disappointment of the year, along with 52 others).

no but really. all this 'there is a hype but he's just a regular kid' stuff gets a little bit too much. i'm all in favour of anticipation and letting the excitement build up, but enough is enough. :devil:

and now, off to watch a college football game. two interesting coaches, i'm told ! :angel:

1 person likes this

I'm tired of peoe saying this team has a weak secondary and this team doesn't. Saints had a weak secondary and beat us. So maybe stop throwing the around like it means something. A weak secondary can look good with a strong front 3/4 and with a weak oline.

Green-feathers yeah we did lose four with Vick the starter but 3 of 4 were on the defense in the Pittsburgh, Detroit and Atlanta game what did you want the man to do play defense im not saying Vick was not at fault but folks have to be realistic he played well in the Saints game even with that horrible line and was having a sharp game before the injury took place against Dallas so the problem was not Vick here has of lately and we will see that 2morrow unfortunately the eagles are victims of injuries and underachieving coaching at times because no one can name 32 starting quarterbacks better then Vick in the league and certainly Foles is not one so to cry for him to save the team is quite pathetic and unfair to him.

Oh dear lord in heaven.

Punctuation anyone ? It's free, and commonly used when writing, so as to be clearer and less jibberishy.

3 people like this

I think the stadium should play the Mr Softee song during the pregame till this team mans up and plays some whoop a** football!

1 person likes this

When a post is a giant run-on sentence, it doesn't make for interesting reading.

Neither does insulting a lady.

4 people like this

To be honest I was not trying to insult the lady or anyone just having fun so my apologies if anyone was offended!!

Oh dear. I wasn't offended but it was not a fun post. Let's move on...

Oh and. davidshawdavidshawdavidshaw ..

I'm not saying Vick was the problem, but we certainly weren't putting up points with Vick. So let's put a more "traditional" pocket passer in there with a bigger frame and a quicker release and see if the offense flows a little better.

That's what Dave and all the other Foles Fans want to see tomorrow, this offense running smoothly with a big QB

Wishing Nick Foles an auspicious first start. Manage the game and by all means call a time out if you disagree with the OCs play call. Have fun. Stay safe. A new and improved coaching staff awaits...

Its is FOLES TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he will have a great day tomorrow vs a horrible secondary and a very poor pass rush

I can understand the excitement surrounding Foles. I think many fans are disappointed with the product they've seen the last couple seasons. Tomorrow will say a lot not only regarding Foles, but the team and the coaching staff as well.

he's my boy to replace andy. clean slate. been saying so for a little while.

I think with Foles as QB we will see a more balanced O but we r still going to throw the ball quite abit

I say 36passes to 32runs for a total of 68plays run by the eagles O this week vs the Skins

Didn't David Shaw just become Standford's HC like last yr isn't it kind of early for him to leave there??? Wouldn't mind him as the next HC though he has done a fine job replacing Haraburgh.

I was just thinking that. Watching this game. People been talking about Chip Kelly but Shaw is a new direction.

It is all a shot in the dark. Oregon is just more like what we have on the team now. I think Chip could either have great success or fail miserably. Shaw in the long run could be a better option. The Problem is with our current personal like McCoy, Djax, D Johnson, Harbor, Maclin are all fast for their positions. Chip could come in draft more speed and win from the start. Never know. Just thinkin

BG, that "balance" is exactly what I'm looking for. Or maybe even more important is "adaptation". Will MM stick to his stubborn ways or...........?

Shaw seems like he runs a more classic style team and it works great. With all our speed we need to Utilize. I am all for Foles Tomorrow. I think he will hold his own. We need to hope they figured out how to utilize this D and not make mistakes on ST, all day.

Speed is winning now

lol PPW.... Saints game enough said. We ran for over 100yds in the 1st qtr. alone and MM stuck to his stubborn pass happy ways he isn't going to change this team is living and dying by the pass.