Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highboy

Starting Safeties

18 posts in this topic

Did you realize Dave that our starting safety tandem is the only tandem in the league and quite possibly ever to both have double digit missed tackles? We might be making history here Dave.....

I hate Coleman because he shouldn't even be on the field... Except ST's. I hate Allen because he's just not good enough and he's slow. Which goes back to the Eagles/ Andy/ Banner/ Heckert being cheap asses and low balling Dawkins.

Funny.... biggest concerns back in the Spring that most fans with any sense were talking about....

Safety and Off Line

Those units are not only bad, they are historically bad.

Problem is, just about every other unit on this team was also terribly OVER rated!

Funny.... biggest concerns back in the Spring that most fans with any sense were talking about....

Safety and Off Line

Those units are not only bad, they are historically bad.

Problem is, just about every other unit on this team was also terribly OVER rated!

Yeah, but dude, how do you draft/sign TWO safeties that get double digit missed tackles? Like seriously, how?

I still don't understand why they are not putting Namdi at safety... he is obviously to slow for CB. I can't hurt

Nnmadi doesn't tackle well enough to play safety. The Eagles need to address both safety positions though. Allen and Coleman aren't good enough to start.

Yeah, but dude, how do you draft/sign TWO safeties that get double digit missed tackles? Like seriously, how?

The same way it's possible that you can go 7 whole years & not draft a single impact player on defense. I mean, you'd almost have a better chance of beating that by throwing darts at a wall blindfolded.

These clowns are historically awful. I'm talking almost to the point of mathematical impossibility.

Its hard to imagine

It's hard to believe we didn't draft Earl Thomas. That pick made so much sense, but Andy doesn't like sense.

undersized 3rd string talent in starting positions....yep, that's Andy Reid........wow.....he is consistent, isn't he?

The same way it's possible that you can go 7 whole years & not draft a single impact player on defense. I mean, you'd almost have a better chance of beating that by throwing darts at a wall blindfolded.

These clowns are historically awful. I'm talking almost to the point of mathematical impossibility.

This guy has never drafted a true impact defensive player in 14 years, KO. Not one! Guys like Cole, Sheppard, Brown, and Simon had moments, but real impact? Like Polamalu, Suggs, Harrison, Freeney, Ware kind of impact? ,

It's been a steady decline for almost ten years, to the point where he was desperately signing FA's to fill critical defensive spots, and telling some of them "oh, by the way, you're now a leader".

When you think at all about it, this was so damn predictable, it's scary.

This guy has never drafted a true impact defensive player in 14 years, KO. Not one! Guys like Cole, Sheppard, Brown, and Simon had moments, but real impact? Like Polamalu, Suggs, Harrison, Freeney, Ware kind of impact? ,

It's been a steady decline for almost ten years, to the point where he was desperately signing FA's to fill critical defensive spots, and telling some of them "oh, by the way, you're now a leader".

When you think at all about it, this was so damn predictable, it's scary.

Yep, Barry Gardner in place of Jeremiah Trotter was the big clue....that he was clueless.

Yep, Barry Gardner in place of Jeremiah Trotter was the big clue....that he was clueless.

Yeah, and the litany of losers to replace Dawk was another gem, as true believers here actually backed up that move! :wacko:

You're absolutely right. There has been no one in that class of player. Which of course makes it all the more unfathomable.

I think this was Reid's first draft where he didn't have any say. Eagles went with Talent over need this year. Reid may have been the worst talent evaluator I have ever seen. Just looking at the drafts makes me sick. We the Eagles pick in the first 3 rounds, and all you say is..."WTF is that pick?" Yeah, then it was a bad pick.

Have the Eagles D put a big hit on anyone this season ? This is by far the most disappointing season by a professional sports franchise that I can remember.

Have the Eagles D put a big hit on anyone this season ? This is by far the most disappointing season by a professional sports franchise that I can remember.

You would have had to have some pretty high expectations for it to be that disappointing, CT.

Realistically, this looked, at best, to be another 9-7esque Reid team that underperformed in big spots, as his teams always have.

The reality is that all of the awful drafting and dreadful coaching hires finally came home to roost. When you really sit back and examine the mismanagement of this football team over the last several years, this was beyond predictable - it was always more 'when' than 'if'.

2 people like this