Photo
- - - - -

Starting Safeties

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Highboy

Highboy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Ronda

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Did you realize Dave that our starting safety tandem is the only tandem in the league and quite possibly ever to both have double digit missed tackles? We might be making history here Dave.....

#2 eaglesfly72

eaglesfly72

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Where is "Nacho" Harris at?

#3 seengreen

seengreen

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
  • Fan Since:77

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

I hate Coleman because he shouldn't even be on the field... Except ST's. I hate Allen because he's just not good enough and he's slow. Which goes back to the Eagles/ Andy/ Banner/ Heckert being cheap asses and low balling Dawkins.

#4 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Funny.... biggest concerns back in the Spring that most fans with any sense were talking about....

Safety and Off Line

Those units are not only bad, they are historically bad.

Problem is, just about every other unit on this team was also terribly OVER rated!

#5 Highboy

Highboy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts
  • Fan Since:Ronda

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Funny.... biggest concerns back in the Spring that most fans with any sense were talking about....

Safety and Off Line

Those units are not only bad, they are historically bad.

Problem is, just about every other unit on this team was also terribly OVER rated!

Yeah, but dude, how do you draft/sign TWO safeties that get double digit missed tackles? Like seriously, how?

#6 Whitemoose

Whitemoose

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

I still don't understand why they are not putting Namdi at safety... he is obviously to slow for CB. I can't hurt

#7 CaliEagle

CaliEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,198 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

I still don't understand why they are not putting Namdi at safety... he is obviously to slow for CB. I can't hurt

Nnmadi doesn't tackle well enough to play safety. The Eagles need to address both safety positions though. Allen and Coleman aren't good enough to start.

#8 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,572 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Yeah, but dude, how do you draft/sign TWO safeties that get double digit missed tackles? Like seriously, how?

The same way it's possible that you can go 7 whole years & not draft a single impact player on defense. I mean, you'd almost have a better chance of beating that by throwing darts at a wall blindfolded.

These clowns are historically awful. I'm talking almost to the point of mathematical impossibility.

#9 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Its hard to imagine

#10 CaliEagle

CaliEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,198 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

It's hard to believe we didn't draft Earl Thomas. That pick made so much sense, but Andy doesn't like sense.

#11 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,353 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

undersized 3rd string talent in starting positions....yep, that's Andy Reid........wow.....he is consistent, isn't he?

#12 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,624 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

The same way it's possible that you can go 7 whole years & not draft a single impact player on defense. I mean, you'd almost have a better chance of beating that by throwing darts at a wall blindfolded.

These clowns are historically awful. I'm talking almost to the point of mathematical impossibility.

This guy has never drafted a true impact defensive player in 14 years, KO. Not one! Guys like Cole, Sheppard, Brown, and Simon had moments, but real impact? Like Polamalu, Suggs, Harrison, Freeney, Ware kind of impact? ,

It's been a steady decline for almost ten years, to the point where he was desperately signing FA's to fill critical defensive spots, and telling some of them "oh, by the way, you're now a leader".

When you think at all about it, this was so damn predictable, it's scary.

#13 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,353 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

This guy has never drafted a true impact defensive player in 14 years, KO. Not one! Guys like Cole, Sheppard, Brown, and Simon had moments, but real impact? Like Polamalu, Suggs, Harrison, Freeney, Ware kind of impact? ,

It's been a steady decline for almost ten years, to the point where he was desperately signing FA's to fill critical defensive spots, and telling some of them "oh, by the way, you're now a leader".

When you think at all about it, this was so damn predictable, it's scary.

Yep, Barry Gardner in place of Jeremiah Trotter was the big clue....that he was clueless.

#14 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Yep, Barry Gardner in place of Jeremiah Trotter was the big clue....that he was clueless.

Yeah, and the litany of losers to replace Dawk was another gem, as true believers here actually backed up that move! :wacko:

#15 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,572 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

You're absolutely right. There has been no one in that class of player. Which of course makes it all the more unfathomable.

#16 Fab5McNabb

Fab5McNabb

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

I think this was Reid's first draft where he didn't have any say. Eagles went with Talent over need this year. Reid may have been the worst talent evaluator I have ever seen. Just looking at the drafts makes me sick. We the Eagles pick in the first 3 rounds, and all you say is..."WTF is that pick?" Yeah, then it was a bad pick.

#17 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Have the Eagles D put a big hit on anyone this season ? This is by far the most disappointing season by a professional sports franchise that I can remember.

#18 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Have the Eagles D put a big hit on anyone this season ? This is by far the most disappointing season by a professional sports franchise that I can remember.

You would have had to have some pretty high expectations for it to be that disappointing, CT.

Realistically, this looked, at best, to be another 9-7esque Reid team that underperformed in big spots, as his teams always have.

The reality is that all of the awful drafting and dreadful coaching hires finally came home to roost. When you really sit back and examine the mismanagement of this football team over the last several years, this was beyond predictable - it was always more 'when' than 'if'.