Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Andy is coming Back

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 bob5673

bob5673

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Two weeks ago Sal Pal was on a local radio station and they were talking about AR and Lurie’s relationship, on how Lurie’s respects and trust AR as a coach. One of 4 coaches to win 100 games in a decade ever. I thought AR was gone after the season but after listening to that, I believe Lurie will let AR finish out his contract out of respect and for what AR did for him. Before Andy, Lurie and banner didn’t have football knowledge, business knowledge but not football, AR gave that to him. They are such good friends that either AR takes the president spot stop or he finishes his contract out, one year left

Besides these past two years, AR always had good D-lines and O-lines.

So get rid of the wide nine, we are not getting the push up the middle for that to be successful. Unless there is push up the middle, it doesn’t matter who we have at DE. But good bye to Babin, that is the only defensive technique he can play on.

Call Castillo back and make him the O-line coach. Howard’s line technique with smaller offensive line might of worked with Payton, cause he is a hall of fame player and most QBs aren’t… I liked it when our smallest guy was 320

#2 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Ugh.... Unbelievable what I just read above.

Problems in this Org are so much bigger than OLine-DLine and Juan Castillo! Have you watched this team for the last 6-7 years?

#3 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,212 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Nope. Reid is gone.

#4 bob5673

bob5673

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Did anyone listen to the radio show with Sal Pal, but Mike was depressed after it and said he was going to drink some wine that night, I drank a bottle that night.

#5 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,546 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

I'm speechless.

#6 Randy Rampage

Randy Rampage

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Jeff Lurie is still on the hook for $6 million. As he's far more concerned about winning salary cap championships than Super Bowls, keeping Reid is right from the Lurie playbook and probably what he'll do.

Lurie just isn't a championship owner. He lacks leadership and the ability to make bold decisions. He fears change, and refuses to hold Reid accountable.

Folks, Andy Reid is the symptom. Jeff Lurie is the real problem here. The Eagles have become an NFL punchline and Lurie is powerless to do anything about it.

#7 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,546 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Folks, Andy Reid is the symptom. Jeff Lurie is the real problem here. The Eagles have become an NFL punchline and Lurie is powerless to do anything about it.

He's far from powerless, but might very well be completely unwilling.

#8 bjj115

bjj115

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

As the Eagles are a business, the only thing that matters is the $$$. If Lurie is making as much profit in an NFL season when the team finishes sub playoffs as he does when team reaches SB, why would he assume that there is something wrong. Firing AR is giving away $6MM bottom line. Unless he believes that hiring new coach (minimum of $4M) will somehow add (or save) $10MM in profits, I wouldn't expect it to happen.

Would you give away $6MM?

#9 polasek_609

polasek_609

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Two weeks ago Sal Pal was on a local radio station and they were talking about AR and Lurie’s relationship, on how Lurie’s respects and trust AR as a coach. One of 4 coaches to win 100 games in a decade ever. I thought AR was gone after the season but after listening to that, I believe Lurie will let AR finish out his contract out of respect and for what AR did for him. Before Andy, Lurie and banner didn’t have football knowledge, business knowledge but not football, AR gave that to him. They are such good friends that either AR takes the president spot stop or he finishes his contract out, one year left

Besides these past two years, AR always had good D-lines and O-lines.

So get rid of the wide nine, we are not getting the push up the middle for that to be successful. Unless there is push up the middle, it doesn’t matter who we have at DE. But good bye to Babin, that is the only defensive technique he can play on.

Call Castillo back and make him the O-line coach. Howard’s line technique with smaller offensive line might of worked with Payton, cause he is a hall of fame player and most QBs aren’t… I liked it when our smallest guy was 320

Thats kinda weird though, because I thought our OLine ranked in at one of the best last year, and didn't our DLine alone have more sacks then most, if not all teams in the NFL last year??? And so if thats all Andy needs then why did we go 8-8 last year??? #justsayin

#10 Erie

Erie

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,375 posts
  • Fan Since:Jaws

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

It's just not happening. Lurie gave Andy grace with one more year already. It's over.

#11 evilwaldo

evilwaldo

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

LOL you listen to WIP.

#12 Rome

Rome

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 33,550 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Ridiculous

#13 Operator 7

Operator 7

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'm speechless.

:roll:

#14 eaglepride

eaglepride

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,628 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Reid has already taken down all of the pictures from his office walls. Plus, he ordered a pallet of boxes so he and his staff can start packing all of their trophies and awards.

#15 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,245 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Lurie said 8 and 8 is unacceptable. How is this year better? Surely worse, although 8 and 8 might win our division. Lurie has to fire him, if you believe his words.

#16 mayanh8

mayanh8

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Lurie said 8 and 8 is unacceptable. How is this year better? Surely worse, although 8 and 8 might win our division. Lurie has to fire him, if you believe his words.

The Giants are now 7-4. Good luck with that one.

#17 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Posted Image
"People should know when they are conquered"
-Quintus