Photo
- - - - -

Jenkins' trash talk fails, RGIII calls him 'silly'

reuben frank csnphilly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 herbicide

herbicide

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,044 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Frank

Jenkins' trash talk fails, RGIII calls him 'silly'

November 19, 2012, 7:00 am

Posted Image

LANDOVER, Md. – As soon as he saw the flag, Cullen Jenkins started needling Robert Griffin III.

As soon as he realized the Redskins were about to have a 61-yard touchdown wiped out by a penalty, Jenkins got on Griffin pretty good.

And as soon as Jenkins realized the laugh was actually on him?

Well, we’ll let RG3 pick up the story.

Everybody in the stadium assumed Robert Griffin III’s 61-yard TD pass to Santana Moss Sunday would be nullified by the flag that seemed to indicate holding.

But the penalty was actually on the Eagles -- illegal use of hands on Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. The touchdown stood. And the Redskins were on their way to a 31-6 humiliation of the Eagles.

“That was a pretty funny moment on the field,” RG3 said. “I didn’t know it was a penalty until after I celebrated. Cullen knew there was a penalty, so he mocked my celebration.

“We had a nice discussion about that on the field. It really was a nice discussion. There was no trash talking at all. He said he felt like an idiot after it.”

It was that kind of day for the Eagles. It’s been that kind of season.

They can’t even trash talk right.

“You know, Griffin went to celebrate, and the flag was on the ground,” Jenkins said. “He turned back and looked at the flag, I saw him grabbing his helmet and getting frustrated or whatever. I thought he was getting mad because there was a hold call.

“Just trying to have a little fun while I’m out there, just trying to taunt him a little bit, to mess with him, and I ended up looking like a fool.”

Griffin III connected on 14 of 15 passes against the Eagles, the sixth-most accurate single-game passing performance in NFL history (with a minimum of 15 attempts) and at 93.3 percent by far the most accurate completion percentage ever against the Eagles. The previous mark was 87.5 percent by Danny White in 1983 (21-for-24).

“I told him at the end, ‘I feel like such an a** right now’ with him,” Jenkins said. “He just started laughing at me. He was like, ‘You silly.’ So I felt pretty stupid after that.”

Griffin certainly had the last laugh on Jenkins, who won a Super Bowl ring with the Packers just two years ago.

“It is good to see guys out there having fun,” RG3 said. “We all know that their backs were against the wall and our backs were against the wall. We were out there fighting for the same thing but we are grateful enough to come out on top.”

E-mail Reuben Frank at rfrank@comcastsportsnet.com

#2 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,375 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

"Just trying to have a little fun while I’m out there, just trying to taunt him a little bit, to mess with him, and I ended up looking like a fool.

Nice to see a player finally make an honest assessment of themself.