Photo

[News] Eagles Notebook: Foles' Debut

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,362 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

The following notes were compiled by the Eagles media relations department following the Eagles' 31-6 loss to the Washington Redskins. Nick's Notes - QB Nick Foles made his first-career start, bec...

View the full article

#2 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Foles was thrown under the bus. Too many pass plays and no protection. It was a rude awakening. But I hope they leave him in for the rest of the season to see if he is our guy or not.
I believe he has possibilities.

#3 athleticoz26

athleticoz26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

@wupper: Ok, if the season were to COMPLETELY be over, then yea I say keep Foles in there. The fact of the matter IS (very very very very slim chance, but its a CHANCE) we still have a shot to make the playoffs, hence we put Vick back in there. All that needs to happen (again its a 1/billion but im holding on to the last feather of hope) is we obviously win out (6-0), SHE-Men go (3-3), cowgirls go atleast (4-2), and Deadskins could go (5-1)...we'd all be sitting at (9-7)...We'd win the Division off the tie-breaker...then BOOM, playoff run!!!....but again...very very slim chance but im not ready to give up till we have 0% chance. Once again we need Vick for this to happen and Reid knows this. He's not looking towards the future because he knows he won't be part of it..Eagles need to get this CRAP TOGETHER and SHOW SOME effing HEARTTT!!!

#4 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Athletic, you sound like me. I was as hopeful as any...until yesterday.
Now i see the writing on the wall.
Hope you are right.

#5 TravelerVic

TravelerVic

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

The reason we lost 6 straight is not just the varsity offensive line, lack of coaching smarts, under talented backups, and lack of individual efforts. It is years of mediocrity in the works completely undermining the whole organization on all levels. I DO NOT WANT ANDY BACK next year!!! We have to start over from GM down. IT IS TIME to clean the house! Hoping for one more win is being short sighted and losing the focus of the big picture.

#6 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

For any of you who think you can judge this team based on this years perfromance...you are wrong in my opinion. Yes it has been a disaster, but lets be realistic...without an offensive line, no team has a shot. In case many of you did not watch last year...Cooper (not jackson or Maclin) is Vick's go to guy, who has been injured. With a healthy offensive line I think we will see an entirely different team offensively! Our D...well, that is not so simple. I think our biggest problem is that we have a scheme that does not play to our players strength. NA and DRC are not zone corners...yet they continue to play them as such!
Not sure I actually want Andy to go, but I definitely want a EXPERIENCED d-coordinator to come. I know it's bad, but hang in there fans...positive things will come from this experience!

#7 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

You know one of the biggest things i noticed. Foles would go up and down on the bench giving the offensive line high fives. These guys, number one, wouldn't even look at him, and two they seemed like he was bothering them.

#8 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

I learned nothing about Foles yesterday. No QB is gonna succeeed behind that O-line. As if the poor blocking wasn't bad enough, now they are committing penalty after penalty. Every drive Foles faced long yardage situations because of all the holding and false start calls. He had little to no time to throw the ball. Washington was even without their best pass rusher. Dunlap is worthless. I don't understand why he is still on the team let alone starting. Celek can't catch the ball anymore. I thought Cooper was a bright spot. It looks like he's finally starting to develop into the WR we had hoped for.

#9 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

The season is not 100% over as athletic said... I mean, statistically, it COULD happen. Do I think it WILL happen? Hell no. But until it is mathematically impossible.. I'd say keep Vick in there until that possibility is gone. But either way, regardless of who the QB is, we're not gonna get anywhere if this OL doesn't stop killing our drives with penalties and putting the offense in a rough spot on third down. I expected more out of Foles but all things considered I don't think he did bad, however I think Vick's escapability gives us a better chance to win given the play from this OL.

#10 grumpydave

grumpydave

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Stats mean nothing. The only stat that makes any difference is tho one under the "W."

This is a bad foot ball team, from top to bottom.