Photo

[Spadaro] What To Watch For Rest Of 2012

This topic is in the process of being archived.
320 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,292 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

It's dismal, I know. I'm not a fool. Nobody here is. Being 3-7 is not where the Eagles wanted to be 10 games into the 2012 season. With six games to go, what remains for this football team? ...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,300 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

#3 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Curses! I had to keep refreshing and then BAM! Another 3D first.

#4 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,300 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Tied at 307 with Greg the 'Bull' Luzinski.

#5 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,300 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Dave...watch and see who has character. That is all we have...right now.

#6 Snorpus Blart

Snorpus Blart

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Team:Jaguars
  • Fan Since:SHUT UP

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

ANDY REID RESIGNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAGLES in serious talks with Dave Campo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Linehan,....possible new Off Coord. !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is already being reported at one site.

#7 gwilkie

gwilkie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

D Jack should b benched, Macklin should b played and if he doesn't produce by half benched and bench Morty with them! I would put everyone on notice that if play doesn't pick up you will be gone before me! Reid needs to take the locker room back. There is a loser feeling and I can see it in the defense that the secondary think they are above being benched or waived. If Reid has any balls left he should go to his bosses and say from here on out if the players don't play to their potential I will waive them.

#8 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

I got a laugh out of this article;

http://www.philly.co...Andy-Meant.html

This is what an AR interview would be like if conducted here.

#9 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

DDD I seriously think you are in cahoots with Spuds in getting these firsts! Congrats anyways :-P

#10 PhillyPhan101

PhillyPhan101

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

AR isnt going anywhere .....least not until season end.....he was asked if he would resign ...He said " ,no, that would be a cop out and hes not wired like that" ...just to end that rumor .
All for benching over payed underachievers ....even tho that prolly wont help matters ...

#11 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,300 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

AR insisting he will play MV when he is ready.

#12 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Now he'll say that it was his intent to start Vick once cleared to play. I can't help but wonder if yesterday had gone differently, IF Foles had played well and won. would he still be saying that?

#13 Snorpus Blart

Snorpus Blart

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Team:Jaguars
  • Fan Since:SHUT UP

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

OK gang,......I'm now hearing reports that Dave Campo will NOT be our new head coach,....and that Reid will be staying on for the four-seeable future.

You heard it here first folks.

#14 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,300 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

I wonder what type crowd we will have next Monday.

#15 bray536

bray536

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

I am a season ticket holder and I do not plan to attend. If Jeff Lurie can't even give the fans 5 minutes of his time to address the situation he's not getting a second of my time. I hope he is embarrassed on national TV by a half full crowd and a 31-0 loss.

#16 jwells131313

jwells131313

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

An angry one. Which should just up and leave by half-time if Andy Reid is still the head coach by then. Maybe he'll get fired after a quarter. One can hope!

#17 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

It'll be the type of crowd that upsets Mr. Babin-but not upset enough to play better.

#18 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,300 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Plex could be back with the Steelers.

#19 PhillyPhan101

PhillyPhan101

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Id be surprised if the stands are half full and most will be hammered cause there wont be anything to cheer about ....almost wanna bet a fan will be streaking across da field , blind side MOronweg and sends him to the locker room. ...that would be awesome .
Lurie should be insisting that Foles play the rest of the way threw .....no way MV7 is coming back next year.

#20 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,300 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Id be surprised if the stands are half full and most will be hammered cause there wont be anything to cheer about ....almost wanna bet a fan will be streaking across da field , blind side MOronweg and sends him to the locker room. ...that would be awesome .
Lurie should be insisting that Foles play the rest of the way threw .....no way MV7 is coming back next year.

That fan could be Woody.

#21 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,300 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Are we wearing any throw back uni's for this game? We celebrated 80 years in the league like the Steelers did, who have worn old uni's twice this year.

#22 Drew05

Drew05

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

"I wonder what type crowd we will have next Monday."

3D...

It'll be the same crowd as always...Quiet when loud is appropriate...Loud only to prove to the world what everyone already believes...

That Eagle fans show no class.

#23 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,328 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

I can understand starting Vick when we have a chance to win r division and make the playoffs even if it is very slim. But if we r done y play him wouldn't it make more sense to play Foles and start to evaluate the guys on r team for next season(even if AR is not returning).

Also just to add i'm not saying throw game and lose on purpose.

#24 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

I keep hearing all the players say we're playing hard but they need to play hard and smart. The coaches have to coach smarter. This defense rush alignment the 9 technique leaves the entire defense vulnerable. Nate Allen is always getting tricked, he bites on run fakes or is jumping a route he thinks he sees and leave the other DBs to clean up his mistakes. Mychal Kendricks has to learn to take better tackling angles against faster players he has great speed but often misses because he takes bad angles in space, he really was in position to make big plays against RG3 he just took bad angles. That deep ball to Santana Moss, Boykin is the superior athlete the play was his, all he had to do was out jump Coleman and Moss and attack the ball at its highest point, we saw him sky over Jacoby Jones against the Ravens and knock that ball away. DRC needs to use his speed he shouldn't ever get beat deep by anyone if he stays with his technique and utilizes his speed. I'm just wondering who can stick with DJax or JMac on double moves, of course our offense never does those types of plays, with Shady's ability to cut on a dime I often wonder why he is not isolated against a LB in the passing game. What LB can cover Lesean MCcoy one on one on a wheel route? How many times have we isolated Shady against LB's in space. I thought the coaches job was to put the players in the best positions to make plays. I think this is the worst coaching staff in the league by far, Andy Reid always had the luxury of Ray Rhodes' draft picks that he inherited, he drafted Mcnabb and never gave him a WR besides T.O. It looks like Ray Rhodes and Jim Johnson deserve most of the credit for the success of the early 2000's. Andy Reid's offense under-performed in every NFC Championship game that we lost at home. He will not ever taste success at the NFL coaching level because his team's success was based largely on the performance of defensive players he did not draft. He has not drafted any really good defensive players since Jim Johnson passed away.

#25 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

This years draft was more than likely Howie Roseman's draft because he received a contract extension and Reid didn't get one which probably indicates him having increased say in the drafting of players thus 90% of these drafts picks will turn out to be good players. Andy Reid is an overrated head coach! Whoever ran this last draft should keep making the personnel decisions because 1 or 2 more comparable drafts will bring us back to the top of the NFC. We just need to rid ourselves of high-priced vets who play hard but not smart and undersized safeties who blow coverages and consistently miss tackles in the open-field.

#26 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Seriously? Vick is starter when ready? Does Reid even care about the man's health? Reid is completely falling apart. Completely in denial. That statement and the one yesterday about why McCoy was in there sounds like something the captain of the titanic would say. Defiant to the end.

#27 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,506 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

The question that Spadaro will never ask...for 2012 who is the biggest disappointment?
a.> the players;
b.> an individual player;
c.> the coaches;
d.> an individual coach
e.> the FO;
f.> an individual in the FO;
g.> ownership.
h.> all of the above

#28 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Mr.Woodcock hands down,...wiff 3d taking up the rear. You axed for it,.you got it,.....Toyoker.

#29 PhillyPhan101

PhillyPhan101

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

The editing crew for the game will have its hands full of the "bleep button ".....Maybe even should go as far as a parental advisory warning ....Its gonna be ugly

#30 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

A couple of college safeties to consider are Eric Reid LSU and Kenny Vaccaro Texas. I think both of these guys are an upgrade at the safety position, even as rookies. Reid grades out as a mid to high first rounder and Vaccaro grades out as a late first, early second round pick both players have size, speed, physicality and smarts. We need to sure up that last line of defense by putting punishing tacklers who are athletic back. I think Marsh is ready to step in and Boykin can play outside let's see them play the season is over. Andy Reid your coaching resume is already built and it actually looks better if you play rookies and young players and lose instead of playing vets and losing. Andy Reid owes Mr. Lurie, its the least that he could do after all these years of loyalty Jeff Lurie has shown him, let us as fans see what these young players can do, What the heck are we gaining by watching Mike Vick play again? When Reid is not our coach we'll still watch and root for the Eagles. It just sucks too be an Eagles fan right now. Basically, i'd rather lose out get the young players some game experience and get a higher draft pick than watch vets who have not gotten it done continue to lose meaningless games. What difference does it make if we win all these remaining games? Which we are not!