Photo

[News] Reid: When Ready, Vick Remains Starter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,866 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

While Michael Vick and LeSean McCoy continue to recover from their respective concussions, head coach Andy Reid confirmed Monday that, when he's ready to return, Vick will remain the team's startin...

View the full article

#2 baldbird

baldbird

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,394 posts
  • Fan Since:1969

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Just another reason why Reid must go..We need to find out what we have in Foles and Reid wants to stick with a vet that never did play the QB position very goon in his whole career. He keeps setting this team back

#3 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Sorry AR but we need to start thinking about the future. This team is going nowhere fast so put the young guys(including Foles) in there and see what they can do. Vick is not the future of this team and most likely neither are you. After a long and moslty successful run as HC, I thought the eagles should show some respect and let him finish out the season but if his plan is to keep the overpaid underachievers in there in hopes of winning a meaningless game or 2 instead of grooming young talent for the future; then I'd say can him now.

#4 bvj409

bvj409

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Keep reid fire marty ! keep vick ! beef up line with guys that are hugury ! beef up safety's ! let anyone go that does not have heart! run balanced offeense, run up to 25 to 30 times a game! = 2013 Superbowl! And if we can win out we will make playoffs this divison will come down to 9-7 trust me maybe 8-8!

#5 bvj409

bvj409

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

BALD BIRD READ MY LIPS IF YOU TURN THIS TEAM OVER TO NICK FOLES, THIS TEAM WILLL BE SET BACK THREE MORE YEARS THE KID WILL TURN OUT TO BE A BUM TRUST ME!

#6 RICHARDD

RICHARDD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

ENOUGH WITH THIS NICK FOLES CRAP Vick should be the starter THIS YEAR AND NEXT YEAR fix the OLINE.......FIRE MARTY AND GIVE ANDY ONE MORE YEAR.

#7 bvj409

bvj409

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

THANKS RICHARDO THESE FAN WILL, MAKE MOVES AND TAKE THEMSELVES OUT OF CONTENTION!

#8 ryanwagner78

ryanwagner78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Vick is terrible, Foles is at least "new" and the size of a REAL quarterback, not some 5-10 shrimp who can't see over the offensive line. It will be a great day for Philly when Reid/Vick are both gone.

#9 josky24

josky24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

all im going to say eagles fans is when are we going to learn out lesson? Donovan mcnabb started to fail and was benched, then kolb came in and looked impressive, then all of a sudden we was talking bout fire Donovan and kolb is our future...then we got ride of mcnabb and made kolb our future only to find out he wasn't as good as we had hoped he was...next vick replaced kolb and had a breakout year...we signed him to make him our future, and now due to preseason glimmer we are back to square one again with our fans saying once again foles is our future..when are we gone stop verbaly abusing our players and support them...its tough working on a job when the management is constantly riding your back and bringing up every thing you do wrong and its just as tough to play a game when you got the my coach job is on the line, my fans don't want me here, and every station you turn too is bashing you like its all your fault alone...you can all agree and I have seen this, when vick has time he is one of the most accurate qb you have seen..foles is good, but he is no where near Michael vicks talent...not to take nothing from foles, but vick is accurate but if you don't time to throw the ball how many turnovers do you think you will have, we can all sit here and be tv coaches and say that guys was wide open or this and that, but remember we see the game slower and as well as at a better angle then the players do....and playing football myself for Georgia southern university the game happens fast!!! if on your 3rd step you have to run like he#$ not even the tallest qb can see that open player...so we need to support our talent we have and im not saying accept how they are playing but they are taking enough heat as it is from everyone else and we are all human

#10 ryanwagner78

ryanwagner78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

josky24, Vick had talent...he has lost it as he has tired to become a pocket passer. And as for the prior QB comments from fans...all AR's decisions have given you were...zippy Superbowl wins...

#11 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Maybe we can win some more meaningless games at the end of the year with Vick in the lineup like last year. Hooray. Anybody with a few brain cells would know now is the time to evaluate your young players to see who you can move forward with next year. The overpriced underperforming vets need to be shown the door.

#12 josky24

josky24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

hey ryanwagner78, I believe vick still has talent, but I don't think he is thinking clearly right now.. I don't see the fire he had in 2010, and as far as andy is concerned he hasn't been spectacular neither but, its not fair for him to sit week in and week out and take the blame for player who we can clearly see is not applying themselves 100%, and is the coach and his decisions aint been perfect but andy cant get on the field and play all the positions, players compliment there coach like a receiver make a qb either look perfect or like the worst qb in the league...I just said we need to support them, but if I was andy, I would stop making excuses for them and call them out, but I understand as the leader he carries the weight on his shoulders which is sad at times because players get spoiled on the fact they don't have to answer to the media.. if he start making them accountable for there lack of playing it might spark something

#13 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Dave, I accused Ed reed of chopping Kelce's knee out while you defended him as a clean player, just curious if you are rethinking your position after his suspension for headhunting.

#14 bvj409

bvj409

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

vick has the strongest arm and in my opinion still has the one of the fastest burst in the legue!we made him pass from the pocket with no protection! when he is gone yall will see, somone will be very sucessfull with him and yall will be stuck with this clown ! with that size if you drop to round 3 that a pretty god indication he is a bum! i cant wait to see when vick is gone! you guys think its hard now just wait!

#15 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,148 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Get your facts straight !!! Kolb NEVER got a real legitmate shot at becomming the QB of the future. His first 3 seasons he sat behind McNabb. Andy (like now with Vick), had no intention of replacing Donovan .As long as in his mind he believed Donovan could get the job done.

With Donovan that was a pretty legitimate reason. Because he had been a very solid QB for us over many seasons. So you could understand the hesitency of not wanting to make the change .

When they signed Vick, all such ideas of Kolb becomming the future of this team was null and void. Andy has always been in love with strong armed QB's. Willing to risk everything, and everyone , to do as he sees fit. Whether it makes sense or not. He 's doing it again with Foles.

But what excuse does he have for wanting to stick with Vick? It serves no purpose what so ever!

I for one ,can not wait until this season is over. For both Reid and Vick ( along with several others ) to be gone . That day can't come soon enough for me. Whether Foels or someone else becomes the QB matters not, so long as its not Vick any longer.

Lurie has no choice but to replace him at the end of the season. If he wants to keep this fan base showing up at the games.
I wish it could be today. But the truth is there simply is no replacement now on this staff to act as interim coach. Lurie must know that as well as we fans do, or Reid would be gone.

More than anything ,once they are both gone, the Vick followers will be gone too. For there will be no farther reason for them to stay here..

#16 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,148 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Maybe we can win some more meaningless games at the end of the year with Vick in the lineup like last year. Hooray. Anybody with a few brain cells would know now is the time to evaluate your young players to see who you can move forward with next year. The overpriced underperforming vets need to be shown the door.

Andy knows he isn't going to improve on last seasons record. So whats he care if these young guys get any playing time or not?. His only purpose in returning to Vick once he is healthy, is to give Vick more opportunities to get some positive games under his belt, to give him a chance to hook on elsewhere next season.

I don't see how Lurie can renigh on his word after saying nothing short of a substanticial improvement over last seasons record would keep Andy here.

#17 bvj409

bvj409

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

child please!

#18 josky24

josky24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

bj409 im going to have to but in and start off by first laughing at you because I have my facts str8, don't forget kolb relieved vick when he went down with the broken ribs, he had a shot at winning his job back then and when you watched him play you saw a guy who everyone could agree on was not ready to be the leader of the this team...that's why vick kept his job...now to be honest you don't get 2 100 million dollar contracts if you are a sorry qb, and lets look at foles in his colledge career..his only positives was his arm, and passing yards, but put up against vick he supposed him in interceptions and fumbles..so let it be clear, he is not better than vick, not to say he is not a good qb but its a reason he wasn't taken in the first round..too me it sounds like you got a personal problem with vick but its not because he sorry

#19 vinrock3

vinrock3

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

every eagle fan that thinks firing andy and getting rid of vick is gonna make this team a contender next year is dumb! when you see the real problems then you will know whats wrong with this team. when u got players giving up on simple plays thats a shame.remember ,you really dont know what you got till its gone and yall gonna see a team rebuilding from the bottom up so if andy is gone next year with vick you will get what you wish and thats gonna be years and years of loosing seasons,just sayin

#20 josky24

josky24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

@ vinrock3 I couldn't agree more..whoever vick go to if he does you gone see him behind a strong offensive line and the damage he can cause, how can we sit here and say he is not accurate, when this year he has the highest accuracy, how can we say he cant read defenses when this year his yards and completion percentage has been the highest it has ever been since he been in the nfl...and is comparison to the nfl he is ranked 7th...kinda funny since he is one of the most hit qb's in the league...and andy is not the problem when guys only plays to 50% of there capacity...if andy is wrong for anything it is the fact that he is taking the blame for all there mistakes week in and week out, I understand he is the leader and wants to do that but if it was me I would call him them out, start making them accountable for the fact they are not playing..its allitle harsh I know but they need know how they are playing as a unit is unacceptable....

#21 josky24

josky24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

and let me clarify in the nfl vick is ranked 7th against the blitz and completion percentage while being blitzed

#22 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Even with his job on the line, Vick is still his guy. Ridiculous. The only reason i don't see them firing him yet is cause they don't have the coach's like they had in the past to take over. Not that it matters at this point. They have their eyes on some guys around the league and in the college ranks.They have to wait for this nightmare season is over and get their guy. I don't know about you guys but the last thing i wanna see is Marty or Bowles as interim coach's. That would send the wrong msg. They all need to be fired and Vick sent packing.

#23 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

We need to get a proven winner. Perry Farrell could be a good choice. College guys like Kelly and Shaw are long shots. Never know, College coach's don't always do well in the NFL. Perry knows what it takes to win. He has 2 rings, his D has had great success, even with major injuries. He is a hard nose, next man up Coughlin disciple. Of course, we hate the Giants but we cant ignore the wins. Plus ,he knows the East well.

#24 MarcoIslander

MarcoIslander

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Lurie needs to tell Reid if he puts Vick back in again he will be immediately fired. There is NO reason to use Vick again and all the reasons to see what Foles can do. The facts are, Reid and his entire coaching staff are gone along with Vick and Aso right after the season ends. No way Lurie is paying Vick 16 million and Aso 15 million next year. Reid fooled him once on Vick and that cost him 40 plus million. The Eagles need to bury Reid and move forward. His firing will be an addition by subtracting. See Ya Mister No SB Trophies after 14 years of all your stupid mistakes year after year. There is a God.

#25 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

There is no choice anymore, they keep AR. Fans will give up.
Commentators can say what they want be careful what you wish for. We have been wishing for a ring for 14 years with this guy. Sure, he will go on and win more games with another team, but will he win the big one. I doubt it and even if he does, we don't have another 14 years for that to happen. I want to be a fast explosive team but i got to admit, I like the big hard nose teams like the Ravens and Steelers

#26 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Keep reid, do what it takes to lose/replace the following: marty,vick,coleman,dennis kelly, sadly nnaamdi, jenkins.

Additions: safety,stud wr, linebacker, off coord. O line depth taken seriously, d tackle who can move bodies. No more big name players or pretty boys...def no more undersized under acheivers starting

#27 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Josky what stats are u making up? Hes one of the worst qbs in the league for the last 2 years,and u still trying to convince ppl he is something he is not. The team has gotten worst each year since his arrival. Thats no coincident, hes nvr been a good qb...just an incredible athlete. Stop pumping vick up like hes even half as good as mcnabb in his prime. Vick always sucked as a qb. He was just super fast and had an rocket arm. takes more than that to lead an offense to the playoffs and more

#28 Flyers2Cup

Flyers2Cup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

I don't think that anybody expects a contending team next year if Reid and Vick were to go, but it would be a refreshing new beginning. Reid decimated the defense over the years and now has the offense going south also. Reid has proven that he cannot with the big game over and over and over and over... you get the point... again. Lets start fresh, the sooner the better.

#29 purple koolaid

purple koolaid

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Team:Bengals

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Reid will go to Dallas. Jones wants a more motivating offense minded coach.

#30 purple koolaid

purple koolaid

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Team:Bengals

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Reid can't win the big one? He got you to the SB. It wasn't Andy Reid's fault that McNabb got nerve sick. The egales had every chance to win it but didn't. It was T.O.'s finest hour.