Photo
- - - - -

Westbrook's Take: Secondary must communicate

jordan hall csnphilly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 herbicide

herbicide

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,556 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Hall

Westbrook's Take: Secondary must communicate

November 20, 2012, 11:00 am

JORDAN HALL
Posted Image

FOLLOW CSNPHILLY ON TWITTER

It was the second quarter and Nnamdi Asomugha was lined up with Washington wideout Aldrick Robinson.

The rookie receiver ran a simple post route, and it seemed like Asomugha had inside help from safety Nate Allen.

Instead, a Redskin cut across the middle, which caused Allen to bite. Asomugha hesitated in coverage, believing he had help. However, once Allen jumped underneath, it left Robinson wide open for an easy 49-yard touchdown pass from Robert Griffin III.

The play was a complete defensive breakdown stemming from miscommunication.

"Nnamdi passes the guy off," Brian Westbrook said on Monday's edition of "Daily News Live." "There's no communication between Nnamdi and the safety. It should be Cover 3, the safety should be back, but why is Nnamdi stopping? He has to continue to run. The communication has to be there, but you have to start that in practice.

"Your safety's not there, he's not playing the right position. Just keep going."

Asomugha didn't, and it resulted in one of Griffin's four touchdown passes on the day en route to a 31-6 shellacking of the Eagles.

E-mail Jordan Hall at jhall@comcastsportsnet.com.

#2 time2rock

time2rock

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,263 posts
  • Fan Since:Dad (RIP)

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

Exactly ! There was no one on the outside for him to cover. Diddy said it best: "Even if it is a zone, a zone becomes ‘man’ at some point.” I couldn't believe what I was watching. These guys are obviously frustrated, but that doesn't mean you give up. I lost a bit of respect for him on that play.

#3 greenblood0118

greenblood0118

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts
  • Fan Since:conception

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

Exactly ! There was no one on the outside for him to cover. Diddy said it best: "Even if it is a zone, a zone becomes ‘man’ at some point.” I couldn't believe what I was watching. These guys are obviously frustrated, but that doesn't mean you give up. I lost a bit of respect for him on that play.

I loved the lackadaisical bat-down of the pass that DRC could've intercepted if he wasn't half-assing it...that right there told me all I need to know about these players.