Photo

[News] Jaws: Foles Will Be A Good Starter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,473 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Quarterback Nick Foles has a fan in former Eagles quarterback turned ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski. During a conference call with reporters on Tuesday to discuss the 2012 NFL season, Jaworski believes ...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,293 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Shaggy jump the shark

#3 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

This team hasnt won a game yet! Vicks arrival destroyed the team. reid and the office destroyed the defense by firing mcderm , and not paying our best defenders in the hopes of finding cheap labor and saving money for deee agents who are over priced and omly a tad bit younger than.who u released. Nate allen and coleman should have had the opportunity to learn under dawkins and mikell. We let stewart bradley go for casey mathews in a sense. U get my,point

#4 jonnyeagles12

jonnyeagles12

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

I REALLY hope Vick doesnt start Monday. Seems pointless

#5 jerse

jerse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

I think it'll be better for the panthers to prepare for foles and get vick than the other way around.

#6 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hey jerse that sounds like a good plan "I think it'll be better for the panthers to prepare for foles and get vick than the other way around."

BTW : If Foles is going to play out the rest of the season, the Eagles will lose ALL of the games that are played against divisional rivals. The other teams are fighting for play-off spots. The way the nO-line is playing and the fact that Foles can't scramble like a Vick means that Foles will get crushed. I don't wish Foles bad it's just a fact that it's so easy to walk through the nO-Line without be touched.

We better lower our expectations so low that any win is a bonus. Perhaps the Eagles should look at themselves as spoilers (against their oppoenents). Get gou there and ruin play-off hopes for any team they play. Play for pride. Win the next 5 of 6 if Vick and McCoy and some other injured players come back.

#7 Eaglesnationuse

Eaglesnationuse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Nick Foles is our guy nothing about it Andy Reid u **** keeping Michael Vick in won't save the season nobody will at this point give Nick Foles the start to get ready for next season maybe it will save your job take it from a die hard Eagles fan

#8 bvj409

bvj409

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

nick foles will be a bum but some of you guys, want vick gone, but you dont know that vick gives this team the best chance to win! i am preying you guys get your wishes! mark my words vick gone =3 to 5 years of under 500 play! watch and see!

#9 GreenReaper

GreenReaper

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

With Vick we were 3-6 and he is on the downside of his career. Not saying Foles is the answer but either is Vick. Not sure that Foles will get killed because he gets rid of the ball a little quicker than Vick so he doesn't have to scramble as much.

#10 imthewagon

imthewagon

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

According to the fans Foles was the answer, before that they were saying Castillo had to go & then we would win... Just goes to show - fans don't know Football. The OLine has been gone the whole season. You hear from other teams in the NFL when they lose a Center or Tackle & that is the reason they missed the Playoffs. We lose both Tackles, the Center & our starting Guard - it's a joke. NO TEAM could win without their ENTIRE STARTING OLINE. You people are stupid! Andy Reid is one of the best Coaches in the HISTORY OF THE NFL! I say Lurie knows enough about football to realize this was an impossible situation. He should let AR & Co. take a run at it again next year with a HEALTHY ROSTER! This team has maybe 2 more pushes (years). Then new QB & skill position players will be needed (& Dline to replace Cole, Babin, Jenkins, Patterson, maybe new CB's... etc...). Before you bust it up & spend the next 10 years looking for a New Coach & Staff, New QB, Scheme w/ the right pieces etc..., let them have a real opportunity to take a run at it - WHEN THEY ARE HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Losing record with Foles? So what's the difference from Vick the last 2 years?

#12 imthewagon

imthewagon

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

hedge u obviously don't know Football if your asking that question...

#13 JAXEaglesFan

JAXEaglesFan

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

imthewagon - ur off ur rocker dude. This was a healthy team last year - finished 8-8. This is an unhealthy team this year - 3-7 - i.e. equals 8-8 if they were healthy. Andy is the best HC the Eagles have ever had - which isn't saying much considering the history of the team. The biggest problem on O is the HC and the OC - the play calling will not get any better regardless if they have another year. It's time to start fresh and find an identity for this team. New coaching staff, start Foles and move forward. D and O needs an identity and they won't get it with this coaching staff - they are out coached every single game because they don't know what they're doing anymore.

#14 BromanianBird

BromanianBird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

imthewagon, I don't agree with that completely. There has been many teams ravished by injuries, Green Bay for example and they still seem to find ways to win. Our O-line sucks yeah, but IMO the bulk of the problem is the fault of the Coaching Staff. Our Eagles just never look like they are prepared for nothing that teams throw at them. They say they are playing hard but it just looks like a bunch of confussed guys on the field. Looks like they are in the huddle with rocks making up plays on the field. Crazy Year.

#15 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

On defense its more the players than coaching. Example...the bears play basically one style of d all game. It works cause they have inelligent, instinctive players who can win 1 on 1 match ups. Now look at the eagles.... Who really wins any matchups on our d fense? Out side of cole and ryans..who shows any intelligence or play recognition? These dudes barely tackle or even run top speed.

Ppl wanted asante gone....well his intelligence and game changing left too. Take your pick out of the other defenders we lost and mcderm as coord

#16 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

Of course Jaws thinks Foles will be a good starter. Foles is a slow, white, pocket passer. I have yet to see a slow, white, pocket passer Jaws does not like. What a piece of garbage!

#17 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,335 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

@sliding wussie, Why must you bring race into it? He was a QB, he knows what to look for. Obviously he sees some very good qualities in the kid . I've no doubt that if Foles was black you'd have no problem with Jaw's evaluation. Infact I'm pretty certain you would be agreeing with him totally. Not every QB black or white, has to be a Michael Vick, Cam Newton, RG3, who were and are very athletic, to be considered good. Maybe Foles isn't as athletic as they are, but than athleticism isn't the only or main requirement to be a good QB.

#18 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,335 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

imthewagon, I understand about the loss of key players being PART of the reason we are having the kind of season that we are. It's a rough ride when you lose your entire O line of starters.However, there is no way of knowing how next season will turn out. There are no GUARANTEES they will remain HEALTHY! They could suffer the same injury type season they are enduring this year.

Myself I think we have gone with the" we're really close ,so lets give it one more year" mentality too many times already.This franchise needs an injection of new blood.New thinkers. This coaching staff has no answers at all to anything that gets thrown at them.

Winning is all about attitude. So is losing. They've begun to believe they will lose, and so they do. They may not admit it to themselves, but it is evident on the field. and in the coaching. The one spark of excitement and determination they let go several years ago...Dawkins. Then just recently Costillo. He was starting to show he knew what he was doing. The players were feeding off his fighter mentality. his determination to succeed. But the results weren't comming fast enough for Andy to feel he could salvage his job. So he chose to make matters worse by replacing Juan with Bowles. Another man who had never been a DC . So you're back to square one with the players trying to adapt to new thinking and scheme.And as last year when Juan first took over the defene they were totally confused. That is evident again now with Bowels, when watching them play.

#19 odin8888

odin8888

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,218 posts
  • Fan Since:4ever

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Foles needs to play to get better, watching from the sideline is "educational" but nothing like playing. Vick is not going to improve at this point and his time should be up after this year. I suppprt his effort and spirit, but he is not equipped to win. So back to point, Foles needs to play to get better, this year is not a Superbowl winning season. so why waste time not breaking Foles in???

#20 gwilkie

gwilkie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Foles should be the QB here on out. The real evaluation should be the O line and the Defense especially the secondary. Some of these big names need to go. Tooo much pay for their production. If and only if Reid should somehow stay he needs a new O coordinator, a reeal D coordinator and real secondary.

#21 Weapon~X

Weapon~X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

HEY FRONT OFFICE,, WATCH ESPN.. QB PROBLEMS IN SAN FRAN.. WHEN UR MISERABLE SEASON IS OVER,, GET UR HANDS ON ALEX SMITH 4 A 2ND OR 3RD RND PICK

#22 Weapon~X

Weapon~X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Im the wagon is 100% correct.. Every1 gets on here and wants 2 bash this team but we ARE as he said missing 4 starters on OLINE.. Hell 1 of them is a 3rd stringer.. Andy Reid is the best coach we ever had and if they fire him they r as dimwitted as u ppl on here crying 4 his firing.. GIVE THE MAN A BREAK HE JUST BURIED HIS SON.. U TRY CONCENTRATING ON FOOTBALL 100% AFTER THAT U BIG MOUTH ****ES

#23 eagles212

eagles212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

If eagles can win out they can make the playoffs and in order to win out i believe we still need michael vick foles is going to be really good maybe the next Aaron Rodgers but he needs time to develope and an offensive line that will give him time to throw

#24 BromanianBird

BromanianBird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Wow weapon-X i don't think anyone is bashing Andy for not being a good coach we all know he has brought a number of years of winning and celebrating to us. And losing his son, really, we all feel for him. But like you said how can he concentrate on football. Truth be told, The Big Guy should have stepped away if only for one year. Also, keeping him just does not seem like the logical thing to do. We have been watching pretty much the same outcome year in and year out from Andy coached teams. Like ForeverEagles stated, "we have gone with the" we're really close ,so lets give it one more year" mentality too many times already."

IMO, I believe we are riding the 4 lost on the oline excuse to much. It is the coaches job to ensure that they have backups ready in case stuff like this happens and our staff did not ensure that. Injuries happen look at Green Bay they have been hurt on both sides of the ball in major positions and they are playing some of their best football. And Bashing is what fans do. We win we yell and scream, we lose we curse and bash. Life of a football fan, unfortunately, it is worse at the moment for us Eagles Football fans, but there is always next year. Until Then we BASH!

#25 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

imthewagon you make alot of sense with your comments and when you say "Just goes to show - fans don't know Football". A lot of emotion but very little analytical skills!