philphan018's mock offseason
Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:27 PM
FIRE- Andy Reid and all coaching staff, Howie Roseman,
HIRE- David Shaw(HC) Norv Turner (OC) Derek Mason (DC)....Marc Ross (General Manager)
PLAYERS GONE- Mike Vick, Demetress Bell, Dion Lewis, Trent Cole(traded to ATL for 3rd round pick),Jeremy Maclin(traded to MIA for 2nd round pick), Mike Patterson, Nnamdi Asomugha, DeMeco Ryans (traded to TEN for 4th round pick), Curtis Marsh
RESIGNED- Rodgers-Cromartie, Dorenbos, Dunlap, Evan Mathis(restructured), Mat McBriar,
FREE AGENTS- Dwayne Bowe 4 years 35 million, Jason Campbell 1 year 3 million, Terrance Knighton 5 years 40 million,
1) Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M- staple OT for years to come, a no brainer if he's available in my opinion-
1) Barrett Jones OT/G/C Alabama(traded 2nd round pick in 2013 and 4th round in 2014 to MIN for 25th overall pick)- key to the draft early is rebuilding the o line so they're to be reckoned with again, if peters can't stay healthy Jones or Herremans can move to RT and Joeckel can slide to LT.
2) Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State- rebuilding the secondary is another key to this draft, starting with Poyer.
3) Robert Lester S Alabama- Kurt Coleman finally replaced, great value considering the depth at saftey in this draft.
3) Gerald Hodges LB Penn State- Ryans has proved he can't play in a 3-4 so they need another MLB, PSU Lb's have proven to be great in 3-4 D
4) Michael Mauti LB Penn State- incase things don't work out with Kendricks in a 3-4, Mauti is just more depth and adds great leadership as well.
4) Trevardo Williams DE/LB UConn- a fastball player that may be available at this point and would be perfect for this 3-4 D.
5) Damion Square DE/DT Alabama- more rebuilding the D here, a 3-4 DE that will provide great run support.
6) Mister Cobble NT Kentucky- a great big NT that will be behind Knighton.
7) Willie Jefferson DE/LB Stephen F Austin- another fast ball has had double digit sacks throught his career.
QB- Foles, Campbell, Edwards
RB- McCoy, Brown, Polk
WR- Jackson, Bowe, Avant, Cooper, Johnson
TE- Celek, Harbor
LT- Peters, Dunlap
LG- Herremans, Mathis
C- Kelce, Jones, Reynolds
RG- Jones, Watkins
RT- Joeckel, Kelly
LE Cox, Thornton
NT- Knighton, Cobble
RE- Jenkins, Square
LOLB- Graham, Tapp, Williams
MLB- Kendricks, Hodges, Mauti, Matthews
ROLB- Curry, Hunt, Jefferson
CB- Rodgers-Cromartie, Poyer, Boykin, Hughes
FS- Allen, Sims
SS- Lester, Coleman
CAPTAINS- McCoy(offense) Jenkins(defense) Coleman(special Teams)
if Foles doesn't work out in 2013, or Campbell beats him out.. QB's to look out for in 2014, Teddy Bridgewater, Logan Thomas, Aaron Murray, Tajh Boyd
Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:23 PM
Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:12 PM
Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:10 PM
Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:21 PM
Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:30 PM
Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:17 PM
They traded him because he was older, big salary and they had young guys who were playing well.
Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:33 PM
1. I don't like trading any future picks, even if it's a 4th.
2. We go to a 3-4 defense but would have possibly the worst LB corp in the NFL. None of the guys on the roster have shown anything.
3. Barrett Jones will be a solid lineman but IMO, we can address OG in the mid rounds and fill a hole like LB or DL instead.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users