Photo

[Spadaro] Learning About 2012 Rookie Class

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,012 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

It's happening before our very eyes, and what "it" is may determine the Eagles' somewhat-immediate future. A youth movement will assault the field on Monday night ...

View the full article

#2 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

First

#3 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Finally Curry is going to see the field! That's definitely is something to watch. I want to see a lot of brown and havili. Show some power and formations please! Looking for more consistency out of Foles this time around.

#4 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Why not McNUTTY too? Sitting on the PS is not doing him any good. Let's see what you got...rook.

#5 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

CURRY CURRY CURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope he has a good first showing and see the field. I wish we would just sit Babin

This is going to be more of the same MM thowing the ball 50times running game gets if lucky 20carries. interestig fact Mccoy had 15carries all game, Foles had that many pass attempts in the first half.

3D... my STD i'm still going to predict a W this week Eagles-23 Panthers-16.

Bryce Browns gets his first rushing TD in the NFL

#6 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

93...Panthers can bring pressure with their DL. They pounded RG3 into submission. So look out, Sean 'Casper'
McDermott will want his pound of flesh.

#7 itsayoungearth

itsayoungearth

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

The O line was supposed to be Reid's Forte...what happened? What will it take to get our O line to top 5 in the league?

#8 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

I got it 93. Cutoff for Week12 STD is noon EST on Sunday.

#9 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

I really dislike the Kelly kid. He gets beat a lot ( even when the center leaves his guy to help Kelly) and sooo many costly penalties. On the plus side though, I think brown and McCoy make such a great combination any coach would love to work here, with the run game solid and a solid dline all you need to fix is the oline, safeties, and another lb'er, and a strong physical tall WR like green.

#10 PhillyPhan101

PhillyPhan101

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

HA....Now that Shady is out MOronweg will start running the ball?.....Lets all take a guess how many times the Rookie throws it this game....

#11 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

93...keep a watchful eye on Luke Kuechly in the middle.

HA....Now that Shady is out MOronweg will start running the ball?.....Lets all take a guess how many times the Rookie throws it this game....

#12 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,872 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

>>DDD: McNutty ain't ready. I already told you he is way way too raw for NFL action. Maybe special teams. To my eye, he could not run a proper route--no steps, no plan, no management of defender--RAW athlete.

Speaking of RAW, am hoping that this is Bryce Brown's break through game. Enough rushing from the frickin' shotgun formation baloney. Stick Bryce behind Havili in a power I formation, put 2 TEs and Cooper in the game--and light the damn fuse on some football. Bryce is also very raw as a player--so forgive the mistakes--and lets hope MM and AR put him in a position to make some plays.

For spice, add Dion Lewis in the slot or at flanker. Plenty of good hands in the game for small ball with Foles. Maclin and Jackson can watch a series or two. With his height, Foles will pick his targets an get the ball out reliably.

A pox on rushing from the shotgun and Foles in an empty backfield. If that is the case, some needs to cold C the OC.

Time for Andy Reid to bounce back with a "pickle juice" type of offense. And, we all recall how that game went.

#13 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

OMG a rookie backfield. A loss is assured now. Feel good game for the Panthers.
Please will someone take my Bengals tickets, I can't give them away.

#14 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

>>pp101: MM might have Foles pass 50 times--just staying aggressive against McDermott don't you know. I beleive that Brown has the unsophisticated rushing technique that plays to the strengths of Mudd's collection of replacements. Basic run blocks, Brown finds a hole and goes into it...period. Have Havili lead him.

I know that clown MM will send Brown around the ends to start--I believe that Brown is actually faster than Shady--so he can get out there quickly, he doesn't have the quick cuts ( who else does?) or ability to set up the defender like Shady. I'd start between the tackles let him use his energy north south to start. Get the OL moving the line of scrimmage for him. I would not have Foles pass for 6 or 7 downs. Straight power football--right out of Schottenheimer's play book.

If Brown only gets 12-15 carries I'll be disgusted.

#15 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

>>rehab: MM needs to resort to basic football for this group--let them use their youth and strength in the 1st quarter and perhaps 1st half. Cutesy plays and tricks are worthless and too risky. I'd like to see an 6-8 minute possession with a score on first Eagles drive.

#16 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Woody...McNutty should have learned something after 11 weeks on PS about his position. Let's hope our WR coach is putting him into a ready position.

#17 PhillyPhan101

PhillyPhan101

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

WOODy.....Love the spirit still ....but we all know MM wont use a power anything
TripD....35 or higher im thinking ....be the same ole "get behind early or a close game and MM cant help himself"
Bring up Rau ...Kendricks is da man ...give him a year
Fire Marty ........3 and outs kill the D.......Send Juan a turkey ,tell em your sorry and bring him back to help

#18 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Spuds, i gotta hand it to you. I said in an earlier post, you were the only one doing your job (as the PR guy)
Now you got me excited again. Damn you!!!
Why now, I'm even looking forward to Monday night. Damn you again.
Sigh, I be thinking being an Eagles fan is bad for your health.
P.S. Keep up the good work.

#19 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Woody...we should wear the green jersey and green pants...for MNFG. Last time we wore those was against the Niners on MNF...in the late 90's...i think.

#20 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Woody is the man....full house backfield...like Woody Hayes back in the day.

#21 Dr Funt

Dr Funt

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Welp my STD is based on how good the team has played....

Eagles 13 Panthers 24 We actually get a turnover,.. but than turn it right back over again.....

#22 itsayoungearth

itsayoungearth

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Was watching our O take the field with a few minute left and said to my friend..."why in the world are we still playing our starter....except for Foles....what is someone has an ACL, MCL or concussion!"

Right after that i said for the first time ever, "Andy needs to go!"

#23 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Welp my STD is based on how good the team has played....

Eagles 13 Panthers 24 We actually get a turnover,.. but than turn it right back over again.....

I got it...Doc.

#24 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Was watching our O take the field with a few minute left and said to my friend..."why in the world are we still playing our starter....except for Foles....what is someone has an ACL, MCL or concussion!"

Right after that i said for the first time ever, "Andy needs to go!"

Mike Quick ? Why Shady was in the game too? But in all honesty it is difficult to keep people healthy in a violent game.

#25 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Scott to start at RG again. They might as well shut the Fireman down for the year. I don't think there is anything medically they can do to alleviate a chronic ankle problem. He might be done....already in the NFL.

#26 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,304 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

i can't remember who it is, on twitter, who is a firm believer that nothing is wrong with watkins' ankle, and that it's just a way to bench him.

but, who cares.short of a continuous string of wins, this season is ruined. if they win it will have the same outcome, except they'll have shown a bit of backbone. and no, i don't want them to lose to get a better draft.

happy thanksgiving to all

#27 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Happy TGD to you....FLF.

#28 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

>>DDD: taking 2011 & the general direction of 2012 together...its actually could be worse that Rich Kotite..and Ray Rhodes. I'll grant you that the OL is decimated, however, AR & MM have simply not adapted to the strengths of the remaining players. Am thinking that MAYBE, AR pulls a pickle juice game outta the vault. You'll recall that Rod Dowhower was the OC back in them days (Chilly was the QB coach & Ron Rivera was the LB coach). Although Dowhower had a West Coast pedigree longer than Andy's...the Eagles passed for 119 yards and rushed for oh, about 306. The Eagles rushed 46 times, passed 29...Staley went over 200 yards.

#29 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

>>DDD: taking 2011 & the general direction of 2012 together...its actually could be worse that Rich Kotite..and Ray Rhodes. I'll grant you that the OL is decimated, however, AR & MM have simply not adapted to the strengths of the remaining players. Am thinking that MAYBE, AR pulls a pickle juice game outta the vault. You'll recall that Rod Dowhower was the OC back in them days (Chilly was the QB coach & Ron Rivera was the LB coach). Although Dowhower had a West Coast pedigree longer than Andy's...the Eagles passed for 119 yards and rushed for oh, about 306. The Eagles rushed 46 times, passed 29...Staley went over 200 yards.

Woody...great game in Eagle's history. They opened the game with an onside kick, if I remember correctly.

#30 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

>>DDD: I don't not think FLF celebrates Thanksgiving as we do. No Pilgrims & Native Americans sharing a feast. Different Holidays over there. Personally, I'd love a T-Day prepared by a French cook--we can always dream.