Photo

[News] Catching Up In So-So NFC East

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
171 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,870 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

We speak of the NFC East in reverent tones as history suggests we should, and we bow to the rivalries within. The current state of the division suggests otherwise, though ...

View the full article

#2 chess4

chess4

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

The Eagles are out of it. Its not that they are 3-7, its how they have looked losing. Nick Foles making his 1st start last week dropped back 50 times. Of course he is going to struggle. It hink Andy Reid is a good coach, but where he has failed is picking personel and players. They insist on throwing the ball, when you have Shady and Brown, who I think will be a good back in this league. I look at the drafts from the past 10 years, and if you take away the 2012 draft class, there are only a handful of those players drafted still around. Players like Brian Dawkins, Jeremiah Trotter, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, and Hugh Douglass were already there when Andy arrived. The eagles have not been the same since Jim Johnson passed away. McNabb lead the Eagles to 5 NFC championship games, with no real threat on offense. Andy made is o line coach his D coordinator. WHAT? Then he makes Todd Bowles, who i think has a bright future, his D coordinator in the middle of the season and he has never called plays.

Andy's time is up, but the owner is doing the classy thing and letting him finish the season out. I understand that coaches like Jim Johnson doesnt grow on trees, but it time for andy to take some time off. I dont want John Gruden or Bill Cower as the coach, nor Chip Kelly. We need some fresh blood. Hopefully who ever the next coach is going to be, he changes the D to a 3-4. the 4-3 is an outdated defense, especially since more teams are spreading it out. I think they houd give San Frans D coordinator the job. Took some so so guys and turned them into great players.

#3 fieldsr69

fieldsr69

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Hahahahaha ... Dave, really?? The eagles were the first team in league history to win their first two games by 1 point each. This team could easily, EASILY be winless this season. I was as high on this team as any one at the start of the season. The oline injuries have been to much to over come. No pass rush, terrible safety play, etc etc etc. Not to mention sub par coaching, and im a Reid fan! This team is a mess. Literaly a mess. But i do appreciate youre optamism. It was good for a laugh, thanks spudz.

#4 wski

wski

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Good points fellas. I agree that its not the players faults. The talent on this team SCREAMS contender. Im not so sure its all the coaches faults either. I would like to see a head coach that gets a little more fired up at his players for looking like crap on the field. Cower would be great. However, with that said, I have seen Reid up in players faces this year too. I like Ried and am not sure the Eagles will find a "better" coach. All I can say for sure is that this team obviously lacks motivation. I also watched football all day and I will tell you this, I dont know who motivates the Patriots D, but whoever it is Id like to see on the Eagles! The Pats were out there just crushing people every single play. Whether it was a D lineman, linebacker, or db. They were all out there smacking people around. Ive seen some good hits on people this year, but a lot of the time the D just looks soft or scared to hit. I dunno, maybe they're afraid to lose money in fines or get penalties, Im not sure. I do know I did not see any fear from the Pats and Id like to see that mentality in Philly. Can we not get Dawkins on the sidelines for some motivation?
As for the O? Its pretty obvious of the toll has taken losing 4 starting linemen AND not having decent replacement. Or maybe I just over estimated the backups abilities to do their jobs. I dunno. I think it is pretty clear we need to run the ball more. Would love to see the Houston mentality of running the ball with the line flowing one way and the play going the other...on purpose. :) I would also love to see DJ returning all punts. We could use better play and better field position on all aspects of the ball. Including special teams and DJ IS our best punt returner. Should have him back there EVERY time.
I would love to think the eagles have a chance, especially seeing what the Giants have done, but I dont. I suppose neither did any of their fans at the time either, but this team just seems to lack 4 quarters of motivation. Something I believe is essential in having a "winning" attitude. Not that I havent seen motivation, just not 4 quarters of it. That, I think, is all the difference in the world.

#5 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

hehehe. too many candied yams, or whatever it is you ate on thanksgiving dave... nice bit though.

the distance might not be great, but being the first of a bad division is... yikes ? if access to the playoffs is obtained, this team will be swept away to smithereens.

what i find quite unnerving is how to utilize and maximize at best, the next games and make them, in a way, profitable. that at least some good comes out of them. i don't know how to do that.

happy day after, my american friends, and stay away from the shopping centers !!!

#6 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

and let us mock dallas as little as can be done. they scored more than 6 pts against skins oui ?

#7 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

The NFC East is a FOUR team race? It's Thanksgiving (Happy!), not April Fool's Day.

@wski: So, it's not the coaching or the players? The media must be the reason this team sucks, ha, ha, ha.

#8 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

As for the next coach, history repeats itself. This is back to the pre-Vermeil days. Look to the college ranks.

#9 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

LOL, I just learned this. The Eagles fired the VP of Communications? Was he not lying enough? Oh, and "Zeiger was director of communications for Amway." That would be the pyramid scheme household products company. Great organization, LOL. Hey, Lurie, YOU'RE the problem.

#10 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Great stuff Spudz, you should be doing stand up. There is no heart on this team. No drive . No toughnessor nastines. I just want to see some passion and fearless play. I want snot bubbles! I just don't understand why none of these players are playing pissed off. You would think that they would be pissed at being the laughing stock of the league, picked on by the media and booed of the field by us fans. I whole heartilyagree that football teams take on the personality of their head coach and quite honestly the play on the field feels a lot like one of AR's press conferences. No answers. No emotion. And agonizing to watch.

#11 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,684 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

Eagles in 2012 are UNDER THE SALARY CAP by $20 millions dollars. You think some more dough might have been spent on adequate OL depth.... IE real players?

#12 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,684 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Here's the link for you budding Howie Roseman's
http://www.eaglescap.com/current.html

absolutely stunning what Roseman spent on Asomugha !! That alone should get him fired.

#13 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,684 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

In case anyone wonder what AR makes. Lets just say that he brings home the bacon.

$5.5MM per year.

Still feel sorry for him?

#14 Tommy J

Tommy J

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

Aah the difference this year, my fine feathered Eagles friends...is that we sukkk from top to bottom in every way. We have not had one good performance all year. Truthfully, I don't want the Eagles to eke out a win, I want them to play a great game so I can see that they have it in them. Please don't "get lucky" or "catch a break" or "sukk a little less than then Panthers".

I'm afraid MNF will be like leftover turkey.....more of the same :(

#15 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Monday night we will win this meaningless game....tho id rather lose them all...we lost every game anyway (3 wins that we really,didnt win). Steve smith will have over 100 yards tho..hes tuff and knows or corners cant tackle..so he will def bully,them

#16 r. shackleford

r. shackleford

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

I think that if the Eagles can use some of their offensive players to score points, and use their defense to stop the other team from scoring points, they may be able to win this game.

I hate it when they lose.

#17 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Dub... agree that we probably shouldn't have won r first two games but that Giants game was a deserving win no matter what anyone says that was the only game this team showed any passion for all 4 qtrs of football. Probably had alot to do with Dawk being there but still

#18 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

Nick Foles going to get his 2nd straight start this week wonder if MM will stop bein stupid and run the ball more this week. i don't know y he would considering Mccoy will most likely be out and he is r best player but i'd rather not see Foles have to throw 50times and get killed either

#19 ryanwagner78

ryanwagner78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Nothing "so-so" about it, the Eagles are bottom dwellers, the Cowboys are there with them...the Giants will win the Division and the Redskins will finish above .500. Sadly, Brady is still destroying the NFL with near 50pt bombs.....

#20 bray536

bray536

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

I hope Dave and everyone else had a happy Thanksgiving!

With that being said, I couldn't read this article past the first sentence where you said the NFC East is a 4 team race. You've lost all journalistic objectivity and integrity in my eyes by saying such a comment. Please right articles that are relevant to us fans, not propaganda in hopes of filling up the stadium on Monday night.

#21 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Oh no you don't Dave. I ain't falling for that stuff again.
This team is toast.

Er...do you really think we have a shot?

#22 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Woody...That cap number for Asomugha is ridiculous. Wonder if Lurie has seen that yet.

#23 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

BG...what's sad is our Eagles are looking eerily similar to MM's last season with the lions. I'm starting to think Woody might be on to something about AR leaving the team in MM's hands as he handles more front office stuff. It makes me sick to watch MM call plays that work and not stick with those plays. It's likeWoody says he completely out smarts himself. Blah

#24 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

sorry spuds...the Eagles on MNF are going to look like a turkey flavored burp. Sleep well.

#25 Cactusjim

Cactusjim

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Dream on, spuds. No team can function in the NFL minus 4/5 of it O line. Players know this. Theiy're not about to put their future career on the line for a hopeless cause.

#26 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,231 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Dave, we are at the bottom of this so-so division.

#27 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

I keep thinking were does Philly go if we have a top pick in the draft. Do we take and OL even though all r starters will be back next season. Do we take a QB in what looks to be a very weak class. Maybe a big #1 target for Foles at WR. I've also seen people say we should plan for the 3-4 and get OLB or NT. There is also the possiblility for use to upgrade r secondary maybe get a S or CB.

#28 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,231 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

I have Week12 STD's from Doc and 93. Cutoff is noon EST on Sunday.

#29 OldBill1934

OldBill1934

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Fan Since:1948

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Triple D, Hate to admit it, but the EAGLES really SUK! I've been a fan since 1948 and can't recall the EAGLES talent just being wasted as much as it is recently. I feel as bad as Laurie should feel having paid that fake coach 5.5 million for this year's adventures. Anyway, Panthers 27, EAGLES 17 and Dion will have a critical fumble. Happy holiday.

#30 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,231 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Triple D,probablye to admit it, but the EAGLES really SUK! I've been a fan since 1948 and can't recall the EAGLES talent just being wasted as much as it is recently. I feel as bad as Laurie should feel having paid that fake coach 5.5 million for this year's adventures. Anyway, Panthers 27, EAGLES 17 and Dion will have a critical fumble. Happy holiday.

Old Bill I got it. I hope you had a HTGD.