Photo

[News] Asomugha: I Believe In This Team

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,003 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha left Oakland to be part of a winning culture. He hadn’t experienced many wins as a Raider. After eight seasons, he was ready to start winning games. Needless to say, thin...

View the full article

#2 camasbud

camasbud

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Paid in top 5, plays at bottom 5 level.
Does not matter what you believe, facts are what they are. He no longer a quality player.

#3 VA Green

VA Green

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Well we the fans that pay your salary don't believe in you, so step it up on the field not on this web site every week with your words. Talk is cheap, show us in your play which you haven't in 26 games. You are great in the community I will give you that but not on the field, step it up or step off the field for someone that will.

#4 chess4

chess4

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

He is still a good player. Juan Castilo did not use him properly. Then you switch to Todd Bowles in the middle of the season. Not saying Todd Bowles is not going to be good eventually but he is a tough situation. If the eagles had a good coordinator, they would be ok. Curt coleman and Nate Allen have had a lot of breakdowns that cause the secondary to look bad. He is not worth 15 mil, but he is still good. He will have to take a pay cut at the end of the year, but they will still keep him.

#5 MarcoIslander

MarcoIslander

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Glad he believes in this team since he'll be gone at season's end. No way Lurie pays this guy 15 million next year.

#6 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

No way that he is back after this season is over. He blows more plays than he makes. Not worth the money he is paid.

#7 bringit91

bringit91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

Asomugha is a joke. If he believed in this team than he would of stayed on man during the TD bomb that Allen bit on. Asomugha just stopped and watched the Redskins reciever catch the ball from across the field. Get him out of here!

#8 dankist23

dankist23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Bring back Sean McDermott.. At least we will get a little Jim Johnson back on D. If anyone knew how to use the talent Jim Johnson did. Imagine what he would be doing with this D!!!

#9 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Words, words, words, words...just like Andy...they say things that don't mean a damn

#10 eagleintrinidad

eagleintrinidad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

shoulda neva fired juan castillo .......shoulda been fired farty morningwig.......im so sorry for jeffery lurie n our fanbase.....we wait all year for football n this is wat you give us......even my beloved brent celek cant catch a cold butt naked in alaska......well at least you guys make a lot of money

#11 Jbutler2782

Jbutler2782

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

Yea dont fire Juan during the offseason. Fire him in middle of this season. The defense was doing fine in all categories except turnovers and sacks. Plus offense put them in a lot of bad positions with all turnovers they commit. Reid was good coach but seems like hes making all the wrong decisions now.Reid is also to soft on all these big name players.These guys are running the show Reid needs to grow a pair and take control of these players.

#12 NaterraDannel

NaterraDannel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Fan Since:1980s

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

There wasn't one doubt in my mind that Nnamdi believes in this team and himself. I just tweeted him 2 days ago and asked if he believes. I'm glad this article answered my question. I have stopped being upset a couple weeks ago. I just want to enject all this positivity I have for my team!! I believe in you Nnamdi and I believe in this team!! We as fans needs to step up and support them, not break them down. Lets build them up.....if I can say it from the highest building in Philly, I'll tell till I go horse.."I BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM! I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE!!! GO NNAMDI GO EAGLES!!!!

#13 NaterraDannel

NaterraDannel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Some of you fans truly discuss me. "Kick your team while their down" fans is what most of you guys are! You guys will praise & praise if we are winning but when things go wrong your quick to turn your backs. I'm a true fan and even though we are losing I still support this team and do my best to support. Here is a word of advice, if you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say nothing at all!! Eagles don't need fair weather fans, they need true fans and I'm boarding the bus! I love you Eagles win or lose, a true Die Hard!!!

#14 gwapo62

gwapo62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

he is still a good player, not great and worth the money he earns right now, it happens to 80% of players making a tons of money, they forget the basics of football,it even happens to normal people, so it's understandable at times, so my advice to Nmandi, back to basics ,get humble again and take the paycut next year and believe that this team will win ,because as a long time EAGLES fan, I have no where else to go than believing that one day we , the EAGLES ,will win the superbowl !!!

#15 chess4

chess4

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

I agree with Naterra. THe only thing we can do is hope that Ady and the boys get it together. its looking bad right now, but anyting is possble. I think Nnamdi will be with the team next year, he just has to take a pay cut. to about 8 million dollars. They are going to let cromartie go in free agency and draft D millner. They then should go after mike jenkins in free agency then they will have formidable CB group

#16 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

He may believe in the team but nobody believes in him. Nice coverage in Washington. A guy that open in the end zone, I could have made the touchdown pass to him

#17 chess4

chess4

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

that touchdown want his fault, he was suppose to have safety help over the top. Its sad that the people always complaining dont know anything about football. He opened his hips and was playing outside trail technique. He was leading him to the safety and the safety bit on the playaction

#18 NaterraDannel

NaterraDannel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Thank you chase, I couldn't have said better myself. Maybe Nnamdi isn't the one everyone should be up in arms about. All season long both Nate & Kurt leaves Nnamdi to fend for himself. He can't cover the entire secondary by himself. Stop being follower & be a leader, and look at the whole picture. Sure Nnamdi's ankle tackles get on my nerves but he isn't the only one doing it. When it's all said and done, it's time to stop pointing the finger. Their is enough blame to go around. True Eagles keep fighting & if there is something Nnamdi IS doing IS fighting. He could have stopped running, but he didn't. When Calvin Johnson burnt him, he could have stopped running but he didn't, he did his best dive(& he can't swim lol) to try & stop him. Nnamdi is a good guy & I pray that he stays in Philly!! Go Eagles!!!

#19 NaterraDannel

NaterraDannel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Oh and Rehab, I'm not a nobody, and if you don't get it.... I BELIEVE IN HIM!!!

#20 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

That is play calling too. There was many times they left him out their without help. Better to leave DRC one on one, then Nnamdi. DRC has closing speed but either way the DC has to make sure Nnamdi has safety help over top on bombs to star Wide outs. Nnamdi is good and a smart player but he is not as good as people thought. We need to get more physical guys. Turnovers are at an all time low. Nnamdi and DRC are left covering too long in general. We need some takeaways or sacks. This D is not playing like last year. I never seen such a drop off.

#21 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Rehab seriously, maybe you need to watch the game. Safety is the last line of defense that was coaching all the way. Or Nate was in the wrong place.Either way it wasn't Nnamdi and seeing the D coaching all year and even worst since Bowles took over. I am willing to bet it is on him. He ****z

F face

#22 NaterraDannel

NaterraDannel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

DRC don't know how to keep his hands to himself. Everyone talks about Nnamdi getting burnt, but DRC gets burnt all the time but he holds them and gets called for the penalty all the time. Besides DRC can barely get off blocks. I see receivers hold Nnamdi so much like its allowed. Drc's best game was in the beginning of the season and last game he had a clean deflection.... FINALLY!! Still I just want our defense to get it together. Everyone knows defense wins championships,

#23 GroundAttack

GroundAttack

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Our scheme completely threw him off than what he was used to in Oakland.