Photo

[Spadaro] Foles Settles In For His 2nd Start

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
109 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,458 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

How much difference will a week, plus a day, make for rookie quarterback Nick Foles? That's the question for the Eagles offense on Monday night ...

View the full article

#2 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Foles!

#3 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

I hope Foles just relaxes and plays like he did in the preseason vs the Panthers.

#4 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,261 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Shaggy goes to Hollywood.

#5 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

It doesn't matter who's the QB if the defense knows that you are going to throw the ball 70% percent of the time. These geniuses stay aggressive and Trent Edwards is forced into action. The backup OL with this play calling is a recipe for disaster. This is the worst job of coaching in the league. All these high salaried players and they can't score and can't stop anybody. The most competitive unit on the team was the defense until they fired Juan. This offense needs to focus on dominating in the intermediate areas of the field because the QB doesn't have time to get the ball down the field with this horrific OL. We need tds from DJax, JMac, Celek and Shady every game. This is not something they are unable to do, We need pressure from Cole, Babin, Graham, Cox, and Jenkins. We need Nnamdi to lock down Steve Smith and DRC to make big plays on the ball. I think David Sims played well against NO on defense he's a little heavier and faster than Coleman maybe he's an upgrade. This team has underachieved if you look at the statistics you will see that these guys can play better than they have this season and have played better in the past.

#6 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Doesn't matter who the QB is on this team. Small WR and no oline. Same story all year tbh. Oh and when was the last season we had a QB last all 16 games?

#7 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Careless the last QB to start all 16games for us would be Mcnabb back in 08.

Watching some college football and i know it is very unlikely but i wouldn't mind O'brien(Penn St. HC) to be the Eagles next HC. He had a great O with the Pats and he has done an amazing job with the Penn St team this season

#8 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

How can you guys not get all fired up over an article like this????

#9 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Foles is a rookie, he'll be good once he adjusts to the speed of the game until then expect to see good and bad plays but i'd rather lose with Nick Foles getting game experience than to watch Vick struggle and make rookie mistake and us still not make the playoffs. I'll be an Eagles fan two years from now and i'm thinking about the future of our team. The young guys have to play in games to get better, I think that's main reason we don't develop players they don't give them enough game experience and confidence. My advice to VInny Curry is don't question your ability to play in the NFL because the coaches don't think you are good enough to play when these are the same coaches who passed on JPP. My advice to the backup WR's, don't doubt your ability this is the same coach that picked Freddie Mitchell over Reggie Wayne and Trevor Laws over Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin over Percy Harvin and Hakeem Nicks. These guys are not the most astute of talent evaluators. We have Jason Avant, a great guy, but an average slot receiver at best, who can't be relied on to score TD's in the redzone, continue to get more playing time then Riley Cooper and Damaris Johnson, both of whom have earned more playing time by making plays in the limited snaps they get. That is a clear indication of the ineptitude of these coaches on offense. Good coaches allow their player's ability to shine and they give their players more chances to make plays. Every offensive skill position player has talent on this team IMO to play at high level on a consistent basis if utilized correctly and given the opportunity. Remember our OC was 5-27 as a head coach in Detroit and elected to kickoff in overtime after winning the toss, another indication of the intellectual level of some of our coaches. Bobby April, goodness, I think Marty might be a little more intelligent than him. None of the assistant coaches are in line for a head coaching job anytime soon which is good for the NFL. I just want say Coach Bowles did the smart thing and did not change the defense in mid-season, he and the LB's coach might be the only decent coaches we have.

#10 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Coach Reid may get another coaching job but he'll never win big again because the game has passed him by and he is not going to adjust his philosophy. When he leaves I hope he takes his great QB with him.

#11 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Marty M. is a total bafoon, he called 50 passing with a rookie QB, making his first start, on the road in a hostile environment. Talk about putting a player in a position to fail................!!!! I am totally frustrated. This team is a reflection of Mike VIck, really talented, undisciplined, small and underachieving. We're a team that has all the athletic ability to be good but our football acumen is subpar. turnovers, dropped passes, blown coverages, missed tackles and penalties kill us every week. We need to go out and play loose and smart football.

#12 brizer12

brizer12

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hilarious,.PSU HC after win comment!...Priceless......unbelievable,..but true,......emotional humanity rivaling Chase Utley!!!

#13 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Maybe things will change when the locker room mantra becomes let's play, smart, tough, fundamentally sound football. Whenever players start to hold each other accountable for mistakes even fine a player for mistakes that give up or take away big plays, that's when we'll start winning again. I'm not sure if they can do that with the recent bounty gate but I think you guys understand my frustration.

#14 bray536

bray536

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Has anyone seen the article on CSNPhilly where Nnamdi compares himself to superman? Honestly, superman! I've never seen such a terrible team love themselves as much as this group of players. The ego's grow with every loss. I hope the next coach cleans house and rids us of these cancers. I want Vick, Watkins, Celek, Maclin, Nnamdi, Babin, Tapp, Jenkins, and Coleman all gone. We can deal with the cap hit for a year. Just get rid of the cancer from this team.

#15 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

>>Bray: amazing, I agree. here is Superman's combine results. Noting wunderlic is blank...might be in Vince Young range ( less than his jersey number)
http://nflcombineres...Asomugha&i=6481

#16 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

I love the all rookie backfield. its a baptism of fire for these guys. A great experience no matter how it plays out ( excepting serious injury). hoping AR has the wisdom to find his PICKLE JUICE GAME playbook and start there. Left to his own playcalling, Mornhinweg will continue to disappoint.

#17 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Yes Wood, that is my fear as well. Are we in for another 'MM's traveling circus offensive revue' of idiocy and disappointment? No sense in playing it safe, lets see if the kid fits the hyper-complex federal tax code sized play book that has done so well in past seasons. Right?

#18 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Bray, Celek, Watkins, Maclin, Nnamdi, Jenkins, Vick, Coleman, Babin, and Tapp all to be gone? Really? Why not throw the whole team in? It wont happen, but you can have your opinion for sure. There will no doubt be changes but this team...if they would ever play like a team....is not far off. Fans like or dislike certain players, but that wont be the deciding factor. I think the Eagles could use a big body and talented WR. I am not high on Cooper. And both safety positions could be upgraded, but we all have been down on the safeties all year long. The OLine will get healthy and make this team MUCH better. Getting rid of Vick without a competent replacement is a bad idea. It most likely will happen, but unless the Eagles go out and find a big time QB, it's not a good decision. Celek is a stud! Maclin has done nothing wrong. Jenkins has been a disappointment, but I think there's more to it than that. Jenkins is a better player than he has shown the Eagles so far.

#19 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Nnamdi has been disappointing for sure, but maybe it was expectations and poor defensive calls. Without being in the huddle some of the disappointment is hard to understand. Watkins a cancer? What has he done to create bad feelings for? Babin has been fantastic until this year. Remember the offense used to score and put pressure on the other team. This year the O stinks.

#20 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

How is Maclin a cancer the kid has taken a beating over the last 2yrs and gives 100% all the time and never runs his mouth. i can't tell u how many times i've seen Vick and now Foles throw passes that get Maclin killed over the middle. On top of everything else he just had a life scare in 2011 and just got his weight back up this season. Yes he has been inconstistent but he also has been battling nagging injuries all yr.

#21 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Maclin 36catches 449yds 4tds(9games)
Djax 44catches 691yds 2tds(10games)

Maclin is no standout #1 WR but is a very solid #2 guy and comes with way less baggage then Djax who is way more of a team cancer then Maclin will ever be

#22 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

I can understand the dislike for Watkins i'm not a fan but he isn't a cancer on the team he would be a very good backup for use i don't think he is a starter though and we need to draft to replace him or move TH back inside and draft a T

#23 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I gotta give Foles credit. He is taking the blame for an O line that can't block and starting receivers (maclin, DJ, Avant) that haven't put forth an honest effort since he was inserted into the lineup. I'm jut wondering what Cutler would do to King Dunlap or Bell? Jaws reviewed every play the last game and was impressed with how well Foles played. I rated him as the second best performer on the team (after Ryans) last week. Hopefully, he will get a little help Monday night.

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

How is Avant grouped with the other 2 Wrs he got hurt on like the first play Foles come in during the Dallas game and didn't play last week vs the Skins.

And Maclin had a great game vs the Cowboys once Foles enter the game. I blame the gameplan vs the Skins more then anything else they put Foles in a position to fail should have never dropped back 50times like he did.

#25 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

BG, I've noticed that some 'Eagle fans' will knock anything and everything about this team. I'm surprised that I haven't read somewhere that Shady sucks.

#26 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

BG, I've noticed that some 'Eagle fans' will knock anything and everything about this team. I'm surprised that I haven't read somewhere that Shady sucks.

that's what deep anger does to you.. resentment makes you lash out at anything and everything...

i often say that players are humans, not robots. maybe it's time i consider fans as humans as well, with all the flaws that go with it (erm, except for me of course :angel:)

#27 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

I can agree with all of that except that last one. That sounds made up.

#28 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

It is because you dont know me !

#29 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar