Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Brown's Next Step Is Most Crucial

231 posts in this topic

Bryce Brown has been a wonderful story to date. He's the high school star who played very little at two colleges and now finds himself in the NFL, trying to prove that all of that talent that made him the best in the country at age 17 still means something now ...

View the full article

MM better actually try and establish a running game early for once. I want to see if Brown can perform even with our weak a** offensive line.

"Maybe the coaching staff pulls a surprise and goes with a run-heavy look against the Panthers" This shouldn't be a surprise but rather a plan. Something from the pages of the book "NFL Coaching for Dummies"Chapter 2- 'How to successfully use your rookies behind a weak O line'. Perhaps we can all chip in and MM a Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas.

2 people like this

Ha! That was priceless PPW! I personally think that if we ran an offense that featured McCoyand Brown (with McCoy being a stud and Brown showing major promise why wouldn't you?) with short slants, wide receiver screens and outs with the occasional down the field shots that this offense would be extremely competitive of not dominating. It's one thing to have the talent. It's another in how you utilize it.

1 person likes this

Mm utilizing talent lol, that's funny. Lets face it he's not a great OC

1 person likes this

He's not CURRENTLY a great OC. Maybe, with some hard work, MM could become a lousy OC? I know, I know that might be over-reaching.

Never said he was. That's why he is gonna be gone along with Reid. Under utilization of talent and over evaluation of talent and refusalchanges of adapting to the changes in the NFL has been their down fall.

Great excerpt from Sam Donnellon from Philly.com....

I also believe that a good defense creates good offense in a way that good offense does not create good defense. In fact, it may work opposite. One of the flaws of Reid's big-play system, in my view, is that when it really works well, the Eagles strike so quickly that the defense's time off the field is not proportionate to its success. I believe that time of possession is continually underestimated by even football's highest scholars because they often measure only that day's impact as compared to the long-range impact - i.e., wear and tear and injuries. If you believe the risk of injury increases with fatigue, then it seems to make sense that injuries are more liky to accumulatefor a defense that plays more minutes than one that plays less.

I agree with that sentiment. What days youse?

Love the splash page this week!. Honor the past. It's not about telling fans to stay loyal and believe in a horrible team that only plays for themselves.

"the Eagles certainly did their homework"

But we still SUCK in class...

1 person likes this

Well, that 4 day holiday weekend was enjoyable. Now the home stretch for the year. Last day of work on Friday, December 21, and don't return to work until Monday, Jan. 7, 2013. Nice, and now jury duty summons on Monday, December 17 and maybe a shorter week.

Surprise!!!!! Foles throws it 45 times this game and Dion gets 1 carry for 6 yards ........all will watch in disbelief, as our once vaunted Eagles team drives this one into the ditch .....

Not sure what to make of Brown so far .......was a "HIGH SCHOOL" superstar ,this is the NFL ....

Collin Kapper looks da part of a Rookie wit some talent on a team working on all thrusters , Smith is a very average QB .....

Da bottom dwellers are doing their part to gift the Eagles a high draft pick .......on the bright side

>>PP101: Bryce will do fine once he gets it down to one-on-one. Like any RB that is raw, he'll play to his strengths--which might have worked great in HS,but not so well against a professional D. I expect some powerful rushing and a couple of jail breaks. You wlll see him truck a safety. OL will be penalized too much--so his valiant efforts will be both defended and sabotaged. Great game experience. Havili and Brown on swings are screen should be murder.