Photo
- - - - -

Season Over

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Isaiah4031

Isaiah4031

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Dave, I love the website and all you do for the fans but with the Giants win last night can we officially put to rest any discussion that the Eagles have any chance to win the division this year. I know you like to keep things positive but it is an absolute certainty that the Eagles are all about 2013 now. If you want to give fans some hope then our discussion should be all about 2013. There is one thing that gives me hope for next year. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers! They were brutally bad last year the 2nd half of the season. They cleaned house and brought in a no nonsense coach who wanted to play a physical in your face style of football and they look like a completely different team. I hope our ownership has taken notice of the change in philosophy and the immediate results down there and does the same.

#2 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Agree wholeheartedly.

#3 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,277 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Agreed.

One of the time tested ways of winning in the NFL has been to break the opponent's will to play through extreme physical play. Physically dominating and punishing the opponent (within the rules) works in every era, maybe even more today with all the paycheck players out there. Reid never considered it important and all of his player personnel decisions reflect that. Every time another team out hits and out muscles his team...every time his team folds and cowers as a result....he should take notice that he was wrong about that too....but I know he won't.

When Hollis Thomas says that the Eagles reputation around the league is that they play like a bunch of girls....there's a problem with player personnel...and that is the purview of Reid and Roseman. They have failed to find hard nosed football players who love contact...who seek it out to punish an opponent.....who prefer to win by virtue of punishing their opponents into giving up inside....in fact, they've loaded this team with players who will be the ones the give up inside...because its just too hard to win....but hey, they still get paid.