Photo
- - - - -

Monday Night Football

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 JPizzle

JPizzle

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hey Dave,

I hope this does not come across as sarcastic, because that is not the intent.

Do the empty seats at the Linc on a nationally televised game embarrass Jeffery Lurie? There seems to be an awful lot watching on tv. Embarrassed may not be the right choice of words, but I wonder what his mindset was seeing that? What was your's?

Thanks and GO EAGLES!! ( god it's been a brutal year!!)

#2 Randy Rampage

Randy Rampage

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Embarrassing night for the Eagles organization. This team, especially on defense, has quit. Jeffrey Lurie has reaped what he has sown.

#3 CountBlah

CountBlah

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,205 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

I wonder what the sharing is like for team merchandise. I can't imagine too much Eagles branded gear is going to pass hands come Christmas time. I know I have not purchased any in a number of years in protest of Andy being HC with his utter disdain of the running game, inability to adjust, horrible clock management, etc...

#4 JPizzle

JPizzle

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

I wonder what the sharing is like for team merchandise. I can't imagine too much Eagles branded gear is going to pass hands come Christmas time. I know I have not purchased any in a number of years in protest of Andy being HC with his utter disdain of the running game, inability to adjust, horrible clock management, etc...

I am sure sales go down for merchandise to a point. I feel am in the minority as a guy who thinks Andy Reid is a great coach. I just think his time has run it's course, the organization and Andy Reid's message has gotten stale. So I feel it is time for him to go. I think everyone can say he will be picked up by another team fairly quickly.

I still wonder what Lurie must have been thinking sitting in his suite on Monday Night Football, during nationally televised game and everyone that tuned in saw all those empty seats. Even Tirico and Gruden made point of it. I think that is the best way for fans to make a stand! Think of all the money they make on concessions because you and I both know that stuff is marked WAY up!!!