[Spadaro] Another Game Given Away

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
178 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,767 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

It is the number the doesn't go away in the win/loss column, the number that has haunted the Eagles the last two seasons: Giveaways vs. takeaways. Turnovers doomed the Eagles again on Monday night ...

View the full article

#2 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

First

#3 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Time to play the yungins on D, especially at corner back.  Don't have any other safeties.  Need to find  major upgrades at safety.  Hopefully they get Eric Reid from LSU.

#4 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,058 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

bah. who cares anymore. however, if vick starts again, that will tell me all i have to know about andy's state of mind and acuteness of decision.

#5 eagles212

eagles212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

we need to start getting for next year this seasons over no way we can make the play offs now but our offense needs the linemen back get one big reciever to help out at goaline and for the defence we need to let go of kurt coleman and pick up tj mcdonald from usc and we need to drop todd bowles and pick up rex ryan because im pretty sure  the jets are gonna cut him and we need to fire marty his play calling really really sucks also i really hope we keep ANDY one more year i think with  a better staff he can do alot more damage!!!!!

#6 Kent Phil 1967

Kent Phil 1967

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Oh dear ...... Are we even better than the Chiefs right now ..... A top 5 pick or higher is coming everyone!!!

#7 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

For rookies in backfield --great experience. HA. Brown played as expected. Huge ceiling but raw. Glad to see Birds working the run game

#8 Thomas Jackson

Thomas Jackson

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Eh, what can we say at this point?  But I disagree with Steve Young who in the ESPN post-mortem said the Eagles are "going through the motions"... No, I did not see that at all out there on the field of play. What I think I saw was a demoralized team trying desperately to hang on to every hint of a spark from any good play made. I saw the effort. And I saw the confusion. But the effort was there...

#9 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,058 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

ooh. we have transfuges from the eye in the house !!

#10 Kent Phil 1967

Kent Phil 1967

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hi Nat ..... How are things(apart from the Eagles obviously!!)

#11 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,058 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostKent Phil 1967, on 27 November 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

Hi Nat ..... How are things(apart from the Eagles obviously!!)

hello king of kent ! i'm fine, thanks. you ?

#12 Kent Phil 1967

Kent Phil 1967

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Not bad .... apart from the thought of the daily commute in less than hours time!!!!! Bah!!

#13 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

These safeties are really pissing me off. Our safeties make our CB look pathetic.  People just don't understand how important safeties are with our kind of corners, they are so bad you see us using zone more then man

#14 ryanwagner78

ryanwagner78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

To quote the movie Major League "This team is sh**ty"

#15 Tommy J

Tommy J

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

Dave said "Why Are The Eagles So Sloppy With The Football?"

Answer:  Coaching!
What makes a TEAM out of a bunch of players?  COACHING!
What makes a player whos down stand up tall?  COACHING!
What makes the defense know when to blitz in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? COACHING!
What makes a TEAM the wonder of the league? COACHING!
What makes the running game roll like thunder? COACHING!  
What do these other teams got that we ain't got? COACHING!

#16 urbnasty

urbnasty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Fan Since:76

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

So next year we will have 2 good Running backs. Hopefully the next coach will use them. Too bad we dont have a suprise safety hanging out on the roster.

#17 Tommy J

Tommy J

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

When GK was walking around in the 70s with a polyester shirt on...unbuttoned to his xiphoid process, he WISHED he had chest hair like me!

#18 bray536

bray536

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

We are at the magic number of 8!  Bye bye Andy!

I think this loss gives us a real shot at 3-13 and the #2 overall pick!  I can't see the Eagles winning any of the remaining games.  All 5 games are against teams that are significantly better than the junk we put out on the field.

#19 Chspkguy

Chspkguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Does anyone listen to Ike Reese? He was point on for the last several weeks!!!  Last night it was PLAY CALLING!!   Why did AR and MM decide to run the ball with Brown instead of Shady?  They could have been in the hunt if only they weren't so STUBBORN!!!!  Not taking anything from Brown...Great Job except for the FUMBLES!!!  Nick Foles doesn't look like the answer at QB...late throws!! Nothing down the field.  So is that play calling or him?  Defense...UGH!!!  NO safeties...DRC disappointing..,Nnamdi is a joke.   Big Mike P!!  Congrats on the sack and Vinny Curry nice job!!  Fletcher Cox and Curry will be good years to come..bye bye Babin

#20 Chspkguy

Chspkguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

And what's going on with Kendrick?  Play calling?  Boykin nice job on D...  Mike Singletary should be DC next year...need the Umph bad!!! I like Andy but he's gone and so is MM and HORRIBLE Todd Bowles...can we get Juan back...UGH!!!  Since he got fired we went from bad to HORRIFIC!!!  truly SAD!!!  Okay I'm done.....

#21 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

This is still a sad, sad time for the team. You couldn't purposefully play worse than what we saw last night. Whatever happens with the team, my desire is a speedy turn around. Lets put all this ugliness behind us ASAP. Rise up, Eagle Nation!! FLY HIGH!!

#22 Jeff100

Jeff100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

If they start Mike Vick (nothing against him) I will stop watching the games.  As a 62 year old fan who has watched virtually every game since the age of 6 or 7 this is a hard choice.  We need to find out if Foles is a viable quarterback!  We could also use a look at young secondary players although there is no one there to replace the pathetic Curt Coleman who is only tough after the play.

#23 harley2024

harley2024

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

How about that crook Asomugha? didn't here you mention him. He's a waist on the field

#24 jwells131313

jwells131313

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

I'm sitting here trying to remember if I've ever seen an Eagles defense this bad.  I've watched every Eagles game since 1979 (not always when they happened, sometimes on Tivo or VCR or whatever).  I do think there were worse defenses, but none that have played this badly, if that makes any sense.  All you Castillo haters out there can just sit down, Castillo at least had SOME idea of how to use his players.  Under Bowles they seem to be completely confused about simple things.  I see a lot of people blaming Colemann for the safety problems, but what about Nate Allen, aka Mr. Invisible?!?  Asomough may have been good at one point in his career, but I would not be sad to see him off of the team.  The bright spots on D this year are Fletcher Cox who looks good, Demeko Ryans who is at least a good MLB and Kendricks who looks like a good LB.  There are other good players on the D-Line, but the wide 9 has to go.

Oh, and Fire Andy Reid TODAY.

#25 spartanj

spartanj

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Enough with the "expert" fan assessment of what is wrong and the demonetization of Andy Reid. Jeez, the guy's been a good coach, better than some of these know-nothing commemorators deserve, for a long time. I agree he's lost the team, but it's happened to every NFL head coach except George Allen and Lombardi. Why does there need to be poison when the end comes? Except for Vermiel and Reid, in most of our lifetimes, the Eagles haven't had any successful coaching. Andy's done well by us for the great majority of his tenure and now the time has come for for both sides to move on with a fresh start. No need to beat him up on the way out. New coach, no more wide 9 and a real NFL offensive line, and best wishes to one of the Eagle's best coaches ever wherever he goes.

#26 mikey black

mikey black

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Fan Since:forever

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

this team sucks. from top to bottom. Defense is MISERABLE- i didn't even know it was possible to go so many consecutive games without a take away. We make EVERY opposing QB look like a stud. Our offense is lethargic- we have no one capable of making big plays once Jackson is covered. I loved Bryce Brown running the football but the 2 fumbles are inexcuseable. I also like Boykin as a CB- I think he is better than Nnamdi and DRC, but stop using him for kick returns. He doesn't do anything and he fumbles too frequently. NICK FOLES IS NOT THE ANSWER. Im sorry, but hes not. I hate to be a pessimist, but you can tell by watching a new guy play if he has it or not. Look at RGIII, Luck, Tannehill, Wilson- all of those rookie qbs have something extra when they throw the ball. When Foles throws it, it looks slow. He has no veloicty. He is a slow runner. He makes bad BAD decisions. We need a different QB. I respect Andy for all that he's done, but we need to gut out this coaching staff and rebuild EVERYONE. We are in for a long 2 years. I hope we lose out. get the first round pick, get Geno Smith, then maybe draft some secondary, and get a big time WR in Free Agency. Then maybe we will be alright.

#27 eagleyankfan

eagleyankfan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

this is working out just great in Fantasy land ... keep up the good work.  

42 thinks this is flag football.  He couldn't cover a bed with a sheet.  Funny when the announcers tell you who the other team will be targeting on defense and then procede to pick him apart.

#28 jwells131313

jwells131313

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

I would start Vick for two reasons.

1.  I don't think we are getting a good read on Foles.  And the read I have gotten on him is not gr8.  For example, he throws to the check-down without looking.  I think he needs some more time in the system and some trust in his offensive line.  To me, he needs to hold the ball about a half-second longer before he throws it.
2.  Vick gives us the best chance to win and I'd still like to play spoiler.  I do NOT want to keep Vick on the team at the end of the season without a significant restructuring of his contract, but while we have him we should use him.

#29 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,512 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Week12 STD is a battle between 101, IHOP, Old Bill, Woody and Doc. Winner to be announced...shortly.

#30 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,512 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

IHOP wins Week12 STD. Standings out shortly.