Photo

[News] Foles: I'll Continue To Improve

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,464 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

By the numbers, this was Nick Foles' best game as an Eagle. Since taking over for a concussed Michael Vick two weeks ago against the Dallas Cowboys, Foles’ completion percentage of 76.2 during the ...

View the full article

#2 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Keep Foles as the starter. This is what the fans has been begging for since pre season. Wow 119 yards, one fumble, no Touch downs, no win......I know what you're going to say; that is, the same thing I've been saying since beginning of the season. Forget about all the injuries and the over paid defense, just keep the Blame on #7 even if he's not playing, just keep the lie going, it will make you feel better.

#3 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Well it's good Foles didn't throw any interceptions. He came really close to having 3 picked off in the first half. What kept the pressure off of Foles was the great running of Brown. If Brown didn't run well (or someone else) it would have been UGLY. With a good running game it opens some options.

Lot's of improvement required by Foles but 1 step ata time.

The game against the Panthers was the best chance for the Eagles to squeak out a win for the balance of the season with out Vick. Now its going to be real tough against the Cowboys, Washington and Giants.

Yikes!!!

#4 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

I think Vick definitely gives us a better chance to win, but the season is over and winning is useless at this point. We need to let Foles play it out to see what kind of improvement he can make by the end of the season... I have a feeling they won't be so fast to get rid of Vick if he doesn't show some kind of improvement.

#5 lifelongeaglefan

lifelongeaglefan

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,760 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I think Foles is showing improvement and plenty of potential, and he needs this experience if he is going to be the starter next year. Of course if he is our starter, we need to get Vick back in asap if we can't get protection. We don't need Foles getting injured in meaningless games because our OL is destroyed. Vick is not under contract for next year so I'm doubtful he'll be back after this mediocre season. At least his problems can't be entirely on the OL since he was throwing picks in week 1.

#6 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

If Foles is the starter next year and the supporting cast isn't much much better, expect to be in last place next year.

Next Year:

- the Giants will do just fine;
- Washington will only get better;
- Cowboys???

#7 eaglehawk712

eaglehawk712

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Despite Brown's numbers, we missed McCoy out there. It shows.