- - - - -

Where were the fans last night?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 GroundAttack

GroundAttack

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I know we're 3-8 and Reid is on the brink of getting fired real soon, but it's a Monday Night Football game on national television and the Linc was dead last night. Yea, we have nothing to cheer for or about but were trying to break outta this slump here. Agree that there is nothing to cheer about but the only time I heard the crowd get into it was when they went for it on 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter then Foles goes up to the line and silents the crowd down with his arms. Ok he doesn't want any false starts at the time but come on fans.

#2 eglz1

eglz1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostGroundAttack, on 27 November 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

I know we're 3-8 and Reid is on the brink of getting fired real soon, but it's a Monday Night Football game on national television and the Linc was dead last night. Yea, we have nothing to cheer for or about but were trying to break outta this slump here. Agree that there is nothing to cheer about but the only time I heard the crowd get into it was when they went for it on 4th and 2 in the 4th quarter then Foles goes up to the line and silents the crowd down with his arms. Ok he doesn't want any false starts at the time but come on fans.

In case Jeffrey is more oblivious that he probably is, the empty seats and lack of enthusiasm should tell him all he needs to know.

#3 wussbasket

wussbasket

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Fan Since:2128

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

whats there to cheer? getting beat by a team with a worse record at home? do you cheer and support anything that you are dissatisfied with?

#4 time2rock

time2rock

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,690 posts
  • Fan Since:Dad (RIP)

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

There was a Golden Girls marathon on TV - that was more exciting.

#5 greend

greend

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,405 posts
  • Fan Since:1971

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

why don't you get off your dead a** and pay for a ticket/trip to the linc and cheer if it means that much to you?

#6 GroundAttack

GroundAttack

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

View Postgreend, on 27 November 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

why don't you get off your dead a** and pay for a ticket/trip to the linc and cheer if it means that much to you?

I was there and was wondering if you were there also?

#7 Clamdigger

Clamdigger

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

People aren't going to games because they don't want to pay for a terrible product. Voting with your dollars. The embarrassment of empty seats on national TV and the loss of merchandise revenue is the best way to force the owner's hand and it looks like it's going to work.

#8 Dynamic Duo

Dynamic Duo

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,769 posts
  • Fan Since:86'

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

I would have to drive 4 hours, stay in a hotel and buy tickets. No way in hell I'm putting that money down on a team that puts me to sleep.

#9 The_Talon

The_Talon

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 29,844 posts
  • Fan Since:1978?

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostClamdigger, on 27 November 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

People aren't going to games because they don't want to pay for a terrible product. Voting with your dollars. The embarrassment of empty seats on national TV and the loss of merchandise revenue is the best way to force the owner's hand and it looks like it's going to work.

while this is all true, I never thought I'd actually see it. :lol: Thing is, most of those seats are already paid for though

#10 ronlandis

ronlandis

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

It's a work night.  I guess most people would rather get a couple hours more sleep than sit in a plastic chair, outside, watching the Eagles lose.

I don't blame them.

#11 birdsfan15

birdsfan15

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,810 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Is this a serious question? The Eagles are 3-8, they were hosting the 2-8 Panthers, they had lost 6 straight games, the franchise has undergone a steady regression for three years now, and Jeffrey Lurie and the rest of the front office, including Reid, have ish all over the fans at every possible turn.

This is ignoring the fact that the team is comprised of the most unlikable, insufferable bunch of me-first, whiny, and indignant bishes ever assembled.

It was also a bitterly cold weeknight.

Is that enough reasons?

#12 Mess

Mess

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

I think you answered your own question.

#13 vichatr

vichatr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Maybe the fans will return when Vick is gone!!!!  I know I will not support or back a team that sold its soul to the DEVIL to win a championship!!!!! I think by now the eagles must realize that Vick is not the answer!!!!!!!!!  Let him go  GOD WILL NOT LET THE EAGLES WIN A SUPER BOWL WHILE  VICK IS THERE AND I WILL NOT BE BACK AS A FAN ANYTIME SOON FOR THEIR STUPIDITY !!!!!!!!!!!!  GETTING RID OF REID  IS NOT THE ANSWER. THIS TEAM HAS A TON OF TALENT  they need a quarterback that can lead by example  eg  MANNING   BRADY  ELWAY  MONTANA   Good people  NOT SOME LOSER!!!!!!!!!!  IT MAKES ME LAUGH THE WAY PEOPLE USED TO BEAT UP MCNABB, HE BEATS VICK BY A MILE WITH WHAT HE DID FOR THE EAGLES!   I would love nothing more than to be an EAGLES fan again.

#14 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

View Postvichatr, on 04 December 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Maybe the fans will return when Vick is gone!!!!  I know I will not support or back a team that sold its soul to the DEVIL to win a championship!!!!! I think by now the eagles must realize that Vick is not the answer!!!!!!!!!  Let him go  GOD WILL NOT LET THE EAGLES WIN A SUPER BOWL WHILE  VICK IS THERE AND I WILL NOT BE BACK AS A FAN ANYTIME SOON FOR THEIR STUPIDITY !!!!!!!!!!!!  GETTING RID OF REID  IS NOT THE ANSWER. THIS TEAM HAS A TON OF TALENT  they need a quarterback that can lead by example  eg  MANNING   BRADY  ELWAY  MONTANA   Good people  NOT SOME LOSER!!!!!!!!!!  IT MAKES ME LAUGH THE WAY PEOPLE USED TO BEAT UP MCNABB, HE BEATS VICK BY A MILE WITH WHAT HE DID FOR THE EAGLES!   I would love nothing more than to be an EAGLES fan again.

DawkinsOwnage? Mr.CYN? Krukslonleyball?

#15 Mess

Mess

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

View Postvichatr, on 04 December 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Right.  God won't let the Eagles win.  That must be it.  How do you explain the 49 years prior to them signing Vick?