Photo

[News] Angry Bird: Losing Upsets Celek

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,879 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Tight end Brent Celek has been through a season like this before. He understands the frustration that comes with losing this many games. But it’s a frustration he hasn’t felt in the NFL. He didn’t ...

View the full article

#2 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Wish everyone else on the team would be this (angry)

#3 Audit2

Audit2

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Tight end Brent Celek has been through a season like this before. He understands the frustration that comes with losing this many games. But it’s a frustration he hasn’t felt in the NFL. He didn’t ...

View the full article

Angry enough to stop dropping so many passes? Please.

#4 MarcoIslander

MarcoIslander

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Celek is part of this underachieving herd of jackasses, starting with Reid.

#5 Trout Bum

Trout Bum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Maybe the Eagles as a whole are deluding themselves and they really don't have all that much talent. Look back on the last preseason game against the Pats when the first team defense was beaten badly by the 2d, 3d and 4th teams of the Pats for they rested the starters as an indication of just how lacking in talent the Birds really are. Reid keeps trying to build a team of Ferrari's but has to take them to a demolition derby in a confined arena known as the NFL. The big Uglies eventually catch the Ferrari's and game over. The Eagles are just plain bad... Wholesale changes to team makeup and attitude required and it will take a few years so get used to losing Eagles for the near future...

#6 TravelerVic

TravelerVic

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Brent Brent Brent! It is time to move on and find a new career. So you can reminisce on all the X teammates who left the same 2012-2013 year. Eagles are officially in REBUILDING mode for the next several years. We still have some good players who are going to be here for a long time like Cox, Shady, Brown and others, but most of this years squad should be upgraded and most of our high priced free agents should be let go, so we can start building a team, instead of trying to purchase one in free agency.

#7 ek218

ek218

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Every time I see baby Brent doing his first down thing I want to slap him on the head and tell him his team is 3-8 (or whatever lame record it is at the time). Only Super Bowl champs should be able to do things like that - I wonder how Andy and Jeff's 5 year plan is looking in year 14

#8 Grizzam

Grizzam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

ek218, youre knocking celek for the first down celebration? so many guys have been and still do that celebration in the pros and college. it gets the crowd going especially on 3rd down conversions. Only superbowl champs should be able to do that? Cmon man, what if the past superbowl champs had a below .500 win percentage, would they still be able to do celebrations?

#9 Filadelfia

Filadelfia

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

And why is Harbor not playing more?

#10 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Celek is a fantastic TE. Defense is a bust. The team on the whole sucks now. Time to clean house in the coaching area. Babin going is only the beginning.

#11 ceelos

ceelos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Yes!! Finally!! Cleaning house time!! Jason Babin the first great for me. That was one of them on my list. Here's a few more I would like to see go. Andy, Marty, Asoumagh, Maclin, Jenkins, and sorry to say, because I like the guy, but I'm an Eagle fan first above all. "VICK"

#12 Eagle Doug CA

Eagle Doug CA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

It's weird, they are doing everything EXCEPT canning Reid; why? I am so tired of looking @ him pouting on the sideline. Just dump him I say.

#13 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

I like Andy.
Always have!
But, I have to say the main problem with this team is the coaching.
Coaching is what gets the most out of the players. If he can't get a player to follow his leadership, get rid of him. That's what good coaches do. You need TEAM players surrounding you, not prima-donnas.
I think Andy needs to weed out his coaches before he does anything.
Marty? TERRIBLE!...Washburn?...get a new plan man, everybody's got your number!
Andy, you should have put Juan back on the offense.(Or, never have taken him off) I thought he was doing good.
Just my 2 cents.

From a dedicated fan for 60 years.

#14 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Celek, if you are tired of other teams making fun of you maybe you should hang onto the ball more often when its thrown your way. Maybe you should also try not to mess up your blocking assignments as well. If I were the head coach Clay Harbor would be starting the next couple games and you would be getting some splinters in your butt while you were thinking about whether you want to still be a Philadelphia Eagle in the future.