Photo

[News] Stunning Move: Eagles Release DE Babin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,285 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

In a surprise move Tuesday, the Eagles have released Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Babin. A free agent signing in 2011, Babin recorded 18.0 sacks as he earned Pro Bowl honors for the second straight...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,284 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Told you.

#3 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Thought they'd at least wait til the season was over and use him as trade bait...

#4 downundermike

downundermike

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,297 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Somewhat shocking. I assumed he would be gone after the season, don't see the reason for cutting him now unless it is a locker room issue.

#5 VA Green

VA Green

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Cry baby that played horrible and whined, have to wonder what was going on with him...Graham outplays him anyway and Curry is ready. I am sure there is more going on here. Nandi should be gone too, but too much money at stake.

#6 OldBill1934

OldBill1934

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Fan Since:1948

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

We won't miss him! I can't remember the last time I saw him "containing" on his end. In fact, I believe that many times when he was taking the inside route, and really getting there, the other guys were letting him take himself out of the play. Thank God they finally decided to keep Curry a shot at playing!

#7 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Va, Nnamdi is made to look bad because of our safety play. Some people just don't understand how press works.

#8 OldBill1934

OldBill1934

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Fan Since:1948

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Errata...keep = give
Sorry 'bout that.

#9 iwunder

iwunder

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Babin is just the first. The message is loud and clear. Play well or get cut! Coleman and Allen better take heed.

#10 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Duces.

#11 EAGLESinc

EAGLESinc

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Thanks Jason ......for LAST YEAR !...lol....cool ink.......Good Luck Man !!!

#12 philly245

philly245

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

This is the time when we will see the true Eagles fans. It's the tough times like these when we will see who just got on the bandwagon last year and the fans who truly support the team and keep asking for something they don't need.

#13 JAXEaglesFan

JAXEaglesFan

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hey Andy, can you please cut yourself and Marty and give someone else a chance to mismanage this team and call bad plays?? Thanks

#14 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Errata...keep = give
Sorry 'bout that.

allow a spring chicken to correct your latin... it's erratum, since you made only one typo !! ;)

#15 philly245

philly245

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Everyone wants Reid out and rightfully so. But he is not the one fumbling, blowing coverages, missing blocks, throwing INT's. The Eagles wouldn't have even been close in the MNF game if it wasn't for him. This team is just INJURY depleted right now. They don't need anymore talent to win a SB. Other teams would BEG to have the Eagles offense (when healthy).

#16 NJTroop

NJTroop

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,384 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

This is the time when we will see the true Eagles fans. It's the tough times like these when we will see who just got on the bandwagon last year and the fans who truly support the team and keep asking for something they don't need.

Wtf are you talking about? Who gets on the bandwagon of an 8-8 team? You sound like a toolbag.

#17 JAXEaglesFan

JAXEaglesFan

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

philly245 - I hear what you're saying, but have to disagree. Yes Reid is not the one specifically fumbling, blowing coverages, throwing ints - but it all points back to coaching. Fumbling is something that can be coached (see Tiki Barber for reference). Throwing ints - coaching, playcalling, etc. Blowing coverages - coaching. To me it all falls back on coaching, game planning/scheming, and play calling. The rest of the NFL has caught on to Andy's game planning, coaching, and play calling styles and he has not made any adjustments.

As for those who say "look at the last 14 years that Andy's been here and what he's done" - I say, OK will do. Since 2004 (Superbowl season), Andy's teams are 57-57-1 in the regular season. They have been to the playoffs in 4 of those years and have a 3-4 record in the playoffs. Sorry, but to me, Andy's 14 years of greatness as Eagles coach is really about 5 or 6 years of greatness followed by 8 years of mediocrity. With the talent on this team, there is no reason they should be this bad. Guys running wide open down the middle of the field - bad coaching. Not scoring in the RZ, poor playcalling (don't get me started on Marty). Everything going on with this team falls directly on the HC. I give Andy credit for not throwing his coaches under the bus most of the time, but keeping Marty and firing Castillo continue the trend of blindness to seeing what the problems are with this team.

#18 BleedGreen03

BleedGreen03

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

the Moronic moves keep coming....wow....what a farse.....this front office has gone from being questionable to now being beyond foolish without question. FYI...you flops are out of here in 2 months...leave all the pro bowl players behind...maybe a good staff will have a positive impact. Cut an All Pro DE? Almost as brilliant as watching your db's get torched over and over and then firing the DC and maybe the lousy DB coach the DC. Almost as brilliant as passing 80% of the time....and on./....and on./....and on.....BYE ANDY....LEAVE VICK RIGHT HERE.... he's not the problem.....YOU ARE

#19 phillyphantom22

phillyphantom22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

And so it begins....My optimism of DRC has diminished a little bit. However it's obvious our safeties have never helped him or Nnamdi on any play (let alone do their own jobs). So management sees it the way i see it, then both corners are safe.

Im starting to think Poe was a better choice for the wide-9. With as much space as we have between our DT's i would rather have two space eaters than 2 quick guys that get pushed back every play, unless....we.....get rid of the.....wide....9? its starting to make sense now?!?!?!

#20 philly245

philly245

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Wtf are you talking about? Who gets on the bandwagon of an 8-8 team? You sound like a toolbag.

I'm talkin bout their free agent frenzy...before the season started

#21 gdibig

gdibig

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

BleedGreen3 - He was a good one-trick pony for three years out of his career since he was drafted in 2004. He can't defend the run and his rushes take him passed the QB, who then step up in the pocket and completes passes. No one was sad to see him leave here in 2009. Washburn's gimmick has been figured out and will be scraped. Start cutting the dead wood now!

And he's probably a cancer in the locker room - just basing that on how he acts on Twitter and in the press.

#22 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

This better mean we're going to see a lot more of Curry out on the field.

#23 bleedgreen4LF

bleedgreen4LF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Good riddance bum... One trick pony... Never cared about playing the run. only wanted to QB hunt... Not a complete player

#24 DanTheMan81

DanTheMan81

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

why not colman . allen,drc,or24 . bite on ever playaction. and act like they have never seen that type of trickery before

#25 bleedgreen4LF

bleedgreen4LF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

DanTheMan81-- I agree with you. Kurt Coleman has got to be the worst safety I have ever seen in a pro uniform. Cant tackle ALWAYS bites on the play action, but tries to be a tough guy after every play. He's Garbage and Nnamdi is robbing the birds of a lot of money.

#26 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

This move is not a suprise, other than maybe the timing. Babin followed Washed-up burn back to Philly from Tenn....now hopefully Washed-up Burn and his lame duck wide 9 can follow Babin somewhere else. We have major depth at DE & not a one of em was producing. Time to trim the fat.

#27 Cali King

Cali King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Wow!!! Why babin? The worst safety tandem in the world! Kurt Colman all bark and absolutely no bite! Nate Allen wants no part of any type of contact! Eyes all in the back field on play action while receivers all running wild behind him! But you cut babin? That's just like firing Juan while Marty and Andy are getting us 16 points a game. I just wish I could fast forward to next year! But what does next year even hold???

#28 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

JAX, if I hear 1 more person mention the "talent" on this team I'm gonna puke. We have nowhere near the talent of teams like SF, NYG and NE. They have more talent than us at nearly every single position. A couple poor drafts and that's what happens. We have some talent and this past draft looks like a good one but we've got a ways to catch up to the top teams in the league. I think the talent on this team has been greatly exaggerated and overrated by many. This had our hopes way too high. Just about every team we've played this year had more talent on the roster than we have. We're definitely in the bottom half of the league in the talent department. Every team in the league has talent. The Eagles have guys starting that probably wouldn't make the roster on many teams. We get excited when we pick up other teams cast-offs. We need a couple more drafts like last year to get up to speed.

#29 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Cali, I gotta agree that we have the worst 2 starting safeties in the NFL and possibly 2 of the worst CB's as well. I think the reason we cut Babin instead is because we have some talented young depth at the position. That's a luxury we don't have at safety or many other positions for that matter..

#30 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Most of the team should be fired, save for the running backs and wide receivers. I watch every game, go to most home games for years. this is by far the worst effort of a team in the past 30 years. It all fell apart and the front office and Andy Reid share the blame. Poor decisions will haunt the team for years now. AR must go.