[News] Fan-Demonium: Evaluating The Rookies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,501 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

I hated seeing the Eagles lose on Monday night, but there were quite a few things to be happy about in that game.  The Eagles are playing a ton of young guys right now.  You hope to see them play ...

View the full article

#2 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hello, anybody here?

#3 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I wonder...do we have some of the smallest players (Jackson, Johnson, Boykin, Lewis, etc) on our roster in the NFL?

#4 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

The faithful remain... but yeah I watch other games and wonder the same thing myself. I'd love for them to pick up some big, nasty hard hitting dudes on D to put some attitude back in this team.

#5 gdibig

gdibig

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

I have to say, I'm excited to see what our new coach (whomever he may be) will do next year with McCoy and Brown in the backfield!  I'm hoping to see a lot more of the run game we saw Monday night.  It's been beat to death, but if it would just sink in with AR and MM that a successful run-game opens everything in the playbook!  I think Foles looked a little better in the pocket because of the REAL threat of a run!  And wonder of wonders, our QB actually called an audible at the line when he read the defense!

#6 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

David Sims played better than Nate Allen when he played against the Saints. As a coach, you lose credibility with your players when you continue to play guys who are not getting it done just because they make more money. Bad play necessitates that players get put on the bench. With this eagles team you have players who have never won anything for this coach being treated like they have. Coach Reid, has lost his way, Ike Reese said it best a few days ago when he said, "they are not us", meaning Coach Reid, these are not the eagles of your early HC years, these guys are not guys you drafted or went to NFC Championship games with year after year these are who couldn't play for other teams and you thought you could bring them on this team and get the most out of them. These guys have failed and players like Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman have adapted this same type of attitude. Whenever Coach Reid goes in front of the media and defends these guys it gives the impression that mediocrity is acceptable. Sometimes what worked for you in the past doesn't work in the present and adjusting is something that Coach Reid doesn't do well. I still wish him the best he gave us real good memories over his coaching tenure.

#7 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

I think Nick Foles will be a Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco type starter in time. Vick holds the advantage over Foles in that the game is not too fast for him but Foles has better pocket awareness and is better at audibles. Vick does react faster to what he sees but he doesn't see as much as Foles because he takes his eyes off the receiver when trying to escape the pass rush and he takes more hits than Foles.

#8 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

In the offseason we'll see if these rookies want to be great. An offseason in the weight-room of getting stronger and having this game experience is invaluable. Developing players is about them learning the game by playing in real games, mastering their playbooks and getting physically stronger through weight training and getting older. If you look at the good teams in the league you see this trend that occurs with their draft picks. I remember how we sacked Troy Aikman 11 times as a rookie and then lost at home to them the next season with the playoffs on the line when Kelvin Martin returned a punt for a TD. I remember watching that great Cowboys team develop. Our young guys just need some seasoning and patience.

#9 Bruzer9.5

Bruzer9.5

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Don't give up,...da Future is bright,..