[News] In Big Picture, It's All About QB

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
305 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,633 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Nick Foles is having the NFL fed to him in spoonfuls, as carefully as possible, as he plays behind a patchwork offensive line and with a group of skill-position players minus some weapons ...

View the full article

#2 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Philly Future at QB that is a BIG question Foles has the tools to be that guy but hasn't shown much during games. I feel like Philly needs to get another QB in the mix next season to add to Foles and TE and let all 3 guys compete for the starting job the best man wins

#3 ryanwagner78

ryanwagner78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

I really wish Philly would stop expecting Tom Brady to step on the field as a rookie. It isn't as if we drafted a number one QB here, he is a backup. He needs to be out there and you see what he has. The entire team has given up; nobody is trying. Jackson has disappeared - there O-line is gone either by injury or otherwise, the only winners on this team McCoy, Celek, Henry, Maclin, Avant, Cooper, Ryans, Cole - everyone else...including the coaches is a joke.

#4 Thomas Jackson

Thomas Jackson

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

FREE BRIZER !  HE's INNOCENT !

#5 purephillyfan

purephillyfan

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  • Fan Since:1953

The way Vick and Foles have played, we should have just given Edwards a chance. What could it hurt, the season is over for the Birds anyway. No good draft prospects coming out for awhile.

#6 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

The season has been over for several weeks now for the Eagles.  A colossal failure on many fronts.  The blame lies with Jeff Laurie and Andy Reid.  Too little too late.Our QB gets pounded all season because of no front line protection.  Defense is horrendous giving up scads of points. We need a coaching staff that is effective.  AR and company has run its course.

#7 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Our best season with #5 was when we had a WR who was dominate against corners and fought for the ball. Now we have these small fast WR but speed doesn't mean a thing if they are throwing safeties deep. Really they picked the wrong time to fall to the bottom. There isn't a single QB in college worth starting in the NFL right now. So here's to being the bottom feeders if the NFC east for the next couple of years.

#8 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

RyanWanger.... Celek has been pretty bad this yr he went like 3weeks of playing just plain awful football. Jackson hasn't done much in 2weeks(got hurt early in Panthers game so can't blame him there). Also y isn't Bryce Brown in ur list he a beast he was playing his heart out vs the Panthers

#9 mikey black

mikey black

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Fan Since:forever

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

we need to trade for a QB for next season (I predict, Alex Smith). Or, we need to somehow draft Gene-o smith. Other than that, we are screwed with Foles. I love vick, but he can't get the job done. All i know is, the offseason is going to be huge.
I also suggest trading McCoy. I know, i know, its crazy. But we can get a first round draft pick for him, and Bryce BRown and Polk can carry the load.

#10 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Couldcareless.... EJ Manuel is worth starting right now in the NFL his numbers aren't flashy like Cam Newton's or Rg3 but that is because he doesn't play in a spread O like they did. Could get a steal for him in the 2nd round.

But I do agree that we picked a bad yr to get a high draft pick

#11 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

EWWWWWWWWWWW Alex Smith NEVER he isn't even a good QB i'd rather take my chances with the 1st yr pro Foles next yr

#12 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,919 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Dave...we are going to come out of this year with an entirely new coaching staff. The turnaround to a competitive team is in the hands of Mr. Lurie relying on Howie's judgment on who that HC will be. Big decisions and the right one must be made.

#13 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

3D... i'm nervous feel like Howie would hire Chip Kelly and i REALLLY DON"T WANT CHIP. Yes i think he would have an O to take advantage of all r speed but i'm tired of these undersized teams that we have had since AR came to town and Chip would build the same type of teams small undersized guys with speed.

#14 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,919 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

View Postmikey black, on 29 November 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

we need to trade for a QB for next season (I predict, Alex Smith). Or, we need to somehow draft Gene-o smith. Other than that, we are screwed with Foles. I love vick, but he can't get the job done. All i know is, the offseason is going to be huge.
I also suggest trading McCoy. I know, i know, its crazy. But we can get a first round draft pick for him, and Bryce BRown and Polk can carry the load.

I don't see any team in today's NFL offering a first rounder...for even Shady. RB and good ones can be had in the draft and at later rounds.

#15 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,919 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

93...we are at a crossroads in the organization. We get this HC wrong and his direction could lead us to the dark dim ages as a team.

View PostThomas Jackson, on 29 November 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

FREE BRIZER !  HE's INNOCENT !

My last words in the Big Bang of 2010...were ATTICA.

#16 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,919 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Spread O college qb's...especially in the state of Texas put up gaudy numbers, but the majority fail in the NFL.

#17 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,919 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

93..i had Kirk Cousins on my macher last year. Did you see him play?

#18 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

3D... the NFL is is looking more and more like college football each yr teams r starting to us more spread formation look at the Panthers and Skins using the option attack pistol formation etc. soon spread O Qbs r all there is going to be in the NFL look at Johnny football Texas A&M he is being built up as the next big thing at Qb already and he is a freshman(RS)

3D.... i know Kirk had a rough go vs the Falcons earlier in the yr when Rg3 came out think he had like 2ints on the game.

#19 slorck

slorck

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Fan Since:1959

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostDDD1952, on 29 November 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Dave...we are going to come out of this year with an entirely new coaching staff. The turnaround to a competitive team is in the hands of Mr. Lurie relying on Howie's judgment on who that HC will be. Big decisions and the right one must be made.
One poster wrote,"Lurie will fall in love with some brainy sounding con man like he did with Reid. Present him with some smart sounding obscure football details and he will melt like last year's dreamsicle of a team." I agree with that thought. I hope after FOURTEEN YEARS, Lurie has gained enough in the way of football knowlege to properly evaluate a candidate and not get suckered by an attractive facciata that's disproportionate to an actual substantive resume.

#20 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,919 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostBleedingGreen93, on 29 November 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

3D... the NFL is is looking more and more like college football each yr teams r starting to us more spread formation look at the Panthers and Skins using the option attack pistol formation etc. soon spread O Qbs r all there is going to be in the NFL look at Johnny football Texas A&M he is being built up as the next big thing at Qb already and he is a freshman(RS)

They run the spread O at my local HS...here in Texas. These kids throw for 20 TD's in a year.

#21 jameex

jameex

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Our best season with #5 was when we had a WR who was dominate against corners and fought for the ball. Now we have these small fast WR but speed doesn't mean a thing if they are throwing safeties deep. Really they picked the wrong time to fall to the bottom. There isn't a single QB in college worth starting in the NFL right now. So here's to being the bottom feeders if the NFC east for the next couple of years.

Its disheartening to say but its true.. we also have a seasoned veteran in Michael Vick.. who could play much better next season given we get a healthy O-line from tackle to tackle.. but thats just M.O.. I think we need a top Safety in the draft to replace coleman.. And Dwayne Bowe through Free agency.. or atleast we need a big physical WR who can get up for the ball..

#22 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,919 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostBleedingGreen93, on 29 November 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

3D.... i know Kirk had a rough go vs the Falcons earlier in the yr when Rg3 came out think he had like 2ints on the game.

No...i meant at Michigan.

#23 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

mikey...alex smith?  We don't have the D San Fran has.....Smith is average, and has decent numbers based on the dumbed down scheme they run there for him.  He would fail miserably in our system.

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Howie needs to stop buying players in FA that is y we r stuck with this heartless team we have now(just like the Snyder Skins). We need to build through the draft if we want a big WR draft one this is a great yr to get one there r plenty of guys to choice from.

#25 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

3D... i so a few games that Kirk played in college(I don't watch alto of  college football really) i liked him. Everyone knew who i wanted in the draft and he is the starter for the seattle seahawks now if Wilson was 2-3inches taller he would have been a 1st round QB probably have been competing with Rg3 and Luck for the top draft choice.

#26 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

b4 we write off Foles fellers...let's give him some time to develop...I for one like what I see in the kid so far...for the most part, he's got some cleaning up to do, but the kid has the ability....and a stature that we haven't had in the pocket for a LONG time.  He's got the metrics, just needs some more playing time.  

If Andy Dalton can be successful in Cincy, Foles can do it here, and I firmly believe that.

I think with some more game experience, as well as a full TC and offseason under his belt we might just be sittin on something real here.

#27 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,919 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostBleedingGreen93, on 29 November 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

Howie needs to stop buying players in FA that is y we r stuck with this heartless team we have now(just like the Snyder Skins). We need to build through the draft if we want a big WR draft one this is a great yr to get one there r plenty of guys to choice from.

Actually, we draft more players than most teams every year. Our problem has been quantity over quality. FA is a good tool when you are 1 or 2 player's away from greatness.

#28 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

3D.... yes we have alot of picks but most r in rounds 4-7 which really is hit or miss rounds we get lucky with a few the rest r busts. and in the top half of the draft we used to reach alot for players like Watkins(should have been a 2nd rounder at best) Jarrett(was a rated as a late 3rd early 4th by most teams) etc.

When i said i don't watn to buy i meant i don't want to be like the snyder skins just pay for a big name because like we did with Nnamdi and babin, ronnie brown, steve smith etc. A key pick i'm fine with like the yr we traded for Peters or Ryans this yr.

#29 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,919 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

93...i don't see a winable game the rest of the season. We got youngsters with growing pains, and over-paid vets not pulling their weight. Severe injuries too. Shaggy and the kids will try their best...

#30 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

This guy looks like a sure-fire sleeper for some type of assistant coaching job in the NFL. http://espn.go.com/b...wer-at-stanford