[News] Return Game Is Picking Up Steam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,514 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

The Eagles’ special teams units have been a work in progress all season, but Monday night was by and large the group’s most encouraging performance of the season. Punt returner Damaris Johnson had ...

View the full article

#2 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

"Another big night like that"? (by Boykin and Johnson).....Your kidding right? You call that a 'big night'? I guess compared to how pathetic they've been all season, maybe you can call it a big night. I don't know who you've been watching, but I think Boykin has been horrendous as a returner. Sorry, I like the kid and all, just saying what I see. Anyone who thinks he's had a good year as the KR needs their eyes checked.

#3 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Again coaching has been to blame. How many punts or kick offs get called back. For a holding penalty or the blocking sucks. Give me a break are you telling me that if Johnson had any help, he wouldn't be a star as a returner. Boykin was a top college returner, some experts said one of the best they have see, in a long time. Give  these guys some help and coaching, they could be real good. April was never good, Djax made him look good one year. He was great in Cleveland cause they sucked so bad, they had good stats cause their ST played more then their O did . lol

#4 eagleswintoday

eagleswintoday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

The reason the eagles season has not been as planed is because of the injurys to the o line and the skilled positions also A Reid i think lost the loker room

#5 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Both guys are over-coached. These guys were explosive in college and they come here and look like the worst KR's and PR ever, same thing with JMac. It's not as if they don't have the speed and quickness to make plays in the return game. The reason why they are thinking because somebody put something in their heads to give them something to think about. This coaching staff is the dumbest coaching staff in the NFL and they think they invented the game of football. They are constantly trying to convince everyone how smart they are and IMO they would become better if guys started saying, we stink, the coaching stinks and we failed but instead all we read and her is how talented this group of players are. This is a fast, undisciplined, turnover prone team, arrogant team. They point fingers at one another, they consistently blow assignments on defense, they rarely score tds in red-zone, they don't tackle well, they don't force turnovers. I would allow them to man to man and blitz on any important down because this defense sucks at playing zone.

#6 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

We need Tavon Austin-type players.

#7 EaglesLB

EaglesLB

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

"Another day like that, coupled with the continuing improvement of Johnson, would be a big lift for an Eagles team looking to get out of its rut."

Spuds, you do realize that returning four kicks means the other team has scored at least three times, likely more because of unreturnable touchbacks?  Another day like the Dallas game that you are referring to and I'm gonna throw up.  

Having a lot of kick returns is not a good thing.  Having a lot of punt returns is great.  Stopping kick and punt returns is good.  I don't see a lot of promise along any of those areas of concern.

#8 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

What they call a big night is pretty average for most other teams. That's how low the standard has been set.