[News] Bowles Sticking With His Starters

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,760 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Following the Eagles' loss to the Carolina Panthers last Monday night, in which the Eagles defense allowed two easy touchdown passes on defensive miscues, defensive coordinator Todd Bowles hinted t...

View the full article

#2 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

I thought Bowles would've been better than he's been. Not to play David Sims over Nate Allen or Kurt Coleman is a crime. Bowles say's those guys are smart? Really? Wow...I don't know what he's watching but I don't know who's dumber, Allen or Coleman? Sims made more plays in the one game he played than Allen and Coleman did all season. He had a tackle for a loss and was in their backfield, something I didn't see from neither Allen or Coleman all season. Those guys bite on a fake in the drop of a dime, Coleman doesn't know how to wrap up on a tackle and usually hit's his own guy...and Allen blows coverages like it's no ones business. Marsh, Hughes and Sims should be getting playing time...and as if Bowles hasn't hurt enough..now he's going to stunt the growth of the young guys to play bums like their playing now. Brutal....can't wait till the guys out of here.

#3 MarcoIslander

MarcoIslander

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Thank God there is only 5 more games for Reid Circus to end. He has picked 3 DC and all were failures. Way to go Andy.

#4 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Bowles is not DC material but he knows secondary. I agree the Safeties are struggling, it is prob our worst position.  I think it is on him at times, not to say Coleman and Allen don't miss tackles and bite on fakes easy. They do, but when a corner is left all by himself like Lafell was on Mon. That is coaching, Bowles is a top notch secondary coach and they were playing well, when he had to take over DC, he was in over his head. The D under Juan was twice as good then they are under Bowles. AR made a bad move letting Juan go before the end of the year. The D showed improvement, for Bowles last week. Just had a couple big mistakes. As garbage as they are, dallas sux too.

We need big physical safeties. Eric Reid from LSU is a beast.

#5 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Ron Rivera will be available to coach the D, Their is no reason to try to keep doing what we have been doing though. He would of been a good fit for the D we have now. After this year, i think we have to scratch all of it. Get a coach with a different mentality, maybe a 3-4 D or multiple D. I like speed but we need big men as well. Look at the good teams, they are physical. 2 to 3 big TE's, Fast big safeties and linebackers a physical run game with a tough FB and McCoy an Bryce banging yds. Need better linemen. Kelce and Peters back but we need another couple studs on the line.

#6 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

They tried everyone they have. It isn't all the players it is the coaching. I would like to see more Sims on Safety as well but they see him in practice and he did get cut by the Browns. How great can he be. He can def tackle better then crappy Coleman and Allen are weak. Don't care if we lose the rest of the yr, just please shut these cowgirl homos up.

#7 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

If you notice even with garbage D's ,like the saints. They are able too shut down the underneath stuff. The good D's like the niners, ravens etc, that's were they excel. The line backers and especially the safeties are able to stop the first downs, when they force the other team to  dump off the pass underneath to a RB or WR they close fast and do not miss the tackles, the eagles have been missing. Safety and linebacker play is very important. When it is 3rd and 5 and you bring some heat, you better have safety's and LB's that can tackle. But. i also think we are seeing good players like Ryans and Kendricks not being put in the right position to do that either.

#8 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Remember Nate's rookie season, he wasn't physical or a big turnover player. He was in the right places and made the tackles. This is coaching day one stuff. Tackling, knowing were you need to be. If Bowles is saying these are his guys, then he is basically admitting, these guys are good and he isn't.

#9 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

We just have poor talent evaluators on the coaching staff. David Sims has more talent than any of the safeties. The pass breakup he had was against Jimmy Graham on a difficult pattern breaking towards the sideline. I remember the play. This team doesn't reward good play and accepts mistakes too easily. If you bench your players for performing bad I believe that is fair. If they want to cause problems cut them loose from the team it's too much comfortability with underachievement from certain players on this team.

#10 chess4

chess4

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

What is Bowles uppose to do?  The starters are best players he has.  Remember Bowles is till trying to get use to calling plays.  The defense has not played well under Bowles period.  The only thing that will help the Eagles at this point is the OFF SEASON.  I just hope they DONT GET Chip Kelly or John Gruden as a coach.  Chip Kelly is an overrated coach who and John Gruden is old news.  I heard the owner wants an offensive minded coach.  they need a DEFENIVE MINDED GUY.  Jim Johnson is the reasont the eagles were successful these past years.

#11 chess4

chess4

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

The only thing that will help the eagles is the off season.  I just hope whoever they get as the next coach understands that defense is the key.  JIM JOHNSON IS THE REASON THE EAGLES WERE SUCCESFUL ALL THOSE YEARS NOT ANDY.  

Its no fluke that when Jim past, the Eagles starting going down hill. I just hope the next coach isnt john gruden or chip kelly.

#12 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Nmandi would be much better if they just line him up one on one against the best WR. Mike Lombardi stated that when he had Asomugha in LA they quickly discovered that he was great early in the route because he jams the WR at the line with his long arms and takes him out of the play but late in the route he really struggled because he doesn't have good  ball-skills and he is not good defending slot and playing zone because he doesn't have really good lateral mobility and doesn't react to the ball real well. I hope someone in our FO listens to what Lombardi said because he obviously knows Nmandi's game.

#13 Brodieman687

Brodieman687

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Brian Rolle is better than casey matthews and jamar chaney by far

#14 chess4

chess4

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Jamar chaney is good.  he has just been a victim of bad coaching.  they moved him all over the field.  he has played all LB spots.  the right coach could make him great.  he is fast and can tacke.  hopefully the eagles dont release eeryone.  jenkins still 1 or 2 year left and nnamdi is a man cover corner.  the must use him properly.  

I dont think the offense will have much change.  I hate to see vick go, but he is gone, so is D Bell and Jason Avant

#15 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Who knows, i want to see Sims and i am sure with the way these jerkoffs are playing we will. At least see him uget reps. I  think their is a core of talent on this team. It is not at safety but we have  talent  Cox, Ryans, Kendricks and Curry all are good  for the future of this D. Their are players like Allen and Coleman. Allen had a good rookie season and had good  tackles and coverage. Coleman showed some heart last year and looked  good.although not the physical style  safety we need, but fast and last year he could tackle. Doesn't it seem like a play calling and coaching thing to you? All these players just all of a sudden suck. I am not buying that. Trent Cole still has several double digit sack years ahead of him. He just needs a scheme that puts him in position to succeed. What was the difference from the NFL leading sack D last year and the joke we became this year. Wide 9

#16 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

We need to get monster LB's Ryans and Kendricks are keepers but good D;s have 4 or 5 quality LB's.

#17 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Don't need no midget LB's. Rolle is to small, he is better then Matthews but Clay is bigger. they can all take a hike i have linebacker envy, when i see teams like the niners, when their  backup LB's are scoring TD's. Making plays. Good safety tackling and size. We are undersized, we are getting beat on the line. I notice a better push since Patterson has been back. We still need some beasts. These kids coming out in the next couple drafts, are big, strong and fast. These big kids move.

Evolving

#18 eagleyankfan

eagleyankfan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

casey mathews wouldn't make it in the CFL -- never mind the NFL.

#19 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Really hoping we pick up some safeties in the draft... and a big WR that we can throw to even if he is covered. This mighty mouse crap is played out. Get us a Megatron.