Photo

[News] Update On Vick, McCoy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,790 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

It has become a weekly staple in the media schedule. Call it Fridays With Rick. In this case, Rick is Rick Burkholder, the Eagles' head athletic trainer, and on each of the last three Fridays he ha...

View the full article

#2 Dr Funt

Dr Funt

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

FIRST!

oh,.. good,.. Funt is gone!

#3 harleyray

harleyray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

I think they are full of it. Vick has been hit several times 10x harder throughout the season. They have no choice but to play out the season...If they were in contention you would not hear anything about this and he would have played the following week like every other QB....Foles is clearly not the answer, not now anyway...does not move left or right or step up in the pocket let alone throw right into coverage..They are rebuilding that was evident with babin being cut.

#4 EaglesLB

EaglesLB

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

The fact that Vick has been hit harder in the past doesn't invalidate the lack of progress this time; rather, it supports it. Cumulative effects are what you're looking at here, and Vick has been hammered all year. I'd call it almost criminally negligent on Reid, Marty, the whole offensive line, and Mudd if I could, the way they've allowed him to get killed all year. Maybe coaching malpractice could be something that applies here.

Yeah, I know Vick holds the ball too long, doesn't see the plays right, doesn't read defenses right, and all that. I agree. But you've got to think that after your QB has been hit 20-30 times in a game again and again, there's some better way to play offense.

Anyway, good luck to getting better, QB7.

#5 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Some people keep saying that Vick currently leads all quarterbacks in the NFL with turnovers. Which number is greater; 14 or 22?
Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer-22 turnovers; Matt Cassell-19 turnovers; Andrew Luck, Tony Romo-18 turnovers; Drew Brees-17 turnovers; Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez, Matt Ryan-15 turnovers; Brandon Weeden, Michael Vick-14 turnovers
I get it, the answer is hate and bitterness, it's the new math.