Photo
- - - - -

McNabb's Take: Dallas game will be a 'nightmare'

jordan hall csnphilly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 herbicide

herbicide

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,044 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hall

McNabb's Take: Dallas game will be a 'nightmare'

November 30, 2012, 11:00 am

JORDAN HALL
Posted Image

FOLLOW CSNPHILLY ON TWITTER

During the Eagles' seven-game freefall, the 2012 season has been compared to a nightmare.

On Sunday night in Dallas, Dononvan McNabb believes that bad dream will only get worse.

"I think this will be a nightmare game," the former Eagle said on Thursday's edition of "Daily News Live."

And unfortunately for Nick Foles, this is not the ideal time to audition for the future. Why? Well, for many reasons.

"And now, when you're makeshifting different guys, there's no chemistry, there's no continuity, there's an identity problem with this team," McNabb said, "and I think it's only going to get worse before it gets better."

In two starts and three total games, Foles has a 59.6 completion percentage and a 65.3 quarterback rating. But with a patchwork offensive line, no LeSean McCoy and now no DeSean Jackson, Foles' chances at impressing have been diminished.

"You're playing against [Jay] Ratliff, you're playing against DeMarcus Ware, you're playing playing against [Anthony] Spencer," McNabb said. "You're playing against guys who are probably chomping at the bit at this particular point watching this offensive line.

"It's really bad for Nick Foles because this being his first year, and his first couple games getting under his belt, he's not really able to gain that confidence that he needs."

E-mail Jordan Hall at jhall@comcastsportsnet.com.

#2 zenclaybourne

zenclaybourne

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

I like that they leave out all context ensuring that the statement is misunderstood. This statement was made with the idea of Mathis playing Center btw.

#3 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,519 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

I like how they constantly harp on how he has had no TD's . Did the one he had against these same Cowboys get nullified or something? I don't recall it being wiped out due to penalty .

The only thing true about this write up is that it isn't a fair test of what Nick can be as a future starting QBwith the mess this team has become.

#4 Hank_TheBody_Fraley

Hank_TheBody_Fraley

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 26,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

The only thing that would make this game worse, would be for the starting qb to do some "false bravado" move...like maybe a goofy banjo/guitar move followed by slapping the glass in the fan tunnel.

#5 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,575 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

The only thing that would make this game worse, would be for the starting qb to do some "false bravado" move...like maybe a goofy banjo/guitar move followed by slapping the glass in the fan tunnel.

I remember being embarrassed for him.

#6 greenblood0118

greenblood0118

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts
  • Fan Since:conception

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

:lol:...McNabb is such an idiot.

#7 greend

greend

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,286 posts
  • Fan Since:1971

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

me too

#8 djbigf

djbigf

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123,722 posts
  • Fan Since:Always

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

you mean something like this?

Posted Image

TFG they traded that bum after that. i was never more embarrassed to be an eagles fan and never more sure that they were going to lose a game before it was played.

#9 NCTANK

NCTANK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

he should know

#10 time2rock

time2rock

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 37,577 posts
  • Fan Since:Dad (RIP)

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Surprise surprise, McNabb opened his mouth and was wrong ... again.