Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muckdaddy

Chiefs' player commits suicide at team facility

162 posts in this topic

https://twitter.com/...894628493336576

Scary situation in KC right now as a player and another person have been shot at the Chiefs facility. Don't want to reveal player until his family knows
Legion Sports @MySportsLegion

Scary stuff at the Chiefs facility, looks like a player killed his girlfriend and then killed himself.#NFL (Glazer)

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

Police are investigating two deadly shootings Saturday morning that they said are related.

The shootings involve a Chiefs player and his girlfriend.

The first shooting was reported about 8 a.m. at a home near 54th Street and Chrysler Avenue. The second shooting was reported a short time later at a Chiefs practice facility located on the Arrowhead facility.

Officials said the Chiefs player shot and killed his girlfriend and then drove to the practice facility where he shot and killed himself.

It's unknown if people were at Arrowhead or any of its surrounding facilities at the time.

Refresh this page for updates on this developing story.

CK @cranekicker

Twitter search majority shows Javon Belcher either shot his mom or girlfriend then shot himself at Arrowhead Stadium. Holy smokes.

dang another one? goodell better get on it, his efforts for player off the field safety is still not good.

Unfortunately, that is something that cannot be helped. If a player does not reach out they have no idea there is a problem.

This is a wtf moment.

1 person likes this

Kent Babb @kentbabb

My goodness. “@DannyParkins: The player apparently was confronted by coaches in the parking lot before he put the gun to his head.

Benjamin Allbright @NFLDraftMonster

per 610Sports in KC, police were going to the facility to make arrest. There was an altercation, and player turned gun on himself.

Legion Sports @MySportsLegion

Kansas City beat writer reports that Belcher killed himself in front of the head coach and general manager. Oh my goodness if true.

i cant imagine how they could even play tomorrow

dang another one? goodell better get on it, his efforts for player off the field safety is still not good.

How does Goodell stop men from committing suicide?

1 person likes this

How does Goodell stop men from committing suicide?

Fines.

4 people like this

Really Sad(nice Chiefs & Carolina are not going anywhere) I think they should cancel or reschedule the game.

Wow, I feel bad that I had picked Carolina over KC in my suicide league...

I also heard that coaches were trying to talk him out of it...wtf? Sad news, more sad for his g/f though.

Wow, I feel bad that I had picked Carolina over KC in my suicide league...

I also heard that coaches were trying to talk him out of it...wtf? Sad news, more sad for his g/f though.

as well as their 2 and a half month old baby

Oh man that's even more depressing. Also can't believe that Pioli and Crennel had to witness him killing himself.

They can't cancel the game. I got Cam Newton and Jamal Charles starting tomorrow.

It's playoff time!!!

They can't cancel the game. I got Cam Newton and Jamal Charles starting tomorrow.

It's playoff time!!!

Not even funny

1 person likes this

Panthers have been advised to contine with their traveling plans. Doesn't look like it'll be cancelled. Can't imagine the Chiefs being up for this game at all. Especially, Romeo.

Not cool

It looks like the player was Jovan Belcher, one of their starting interior linebackers,