Photo

[News] Reid: Foles, Brown Show Promise

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,750 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

While Sunday night’s game offered plenty of highlights, it was also more of the same for the Eagles as they fell to 3-9 on the season. Rookies Nick Foles and Bryce Brown showed improvement, as did ...

View the full article

#2 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

Trade release Vick so he can rejuvenate his career. He is clearly done here in Philly. Next, Fire this worthless coaching staff beginning with the worst one of them all Marty (it just boggles my mind how this clown avoided scrutiny-just amazing). That idiot has to go to the house. Then I would clean house on the players. The Philly media clearly loves whit pocket passers, and since the media runs the team bring in a pocket passer the media will be happy with. Although they seem to be happy with Foles so maybe he sticks around. But the bottom line is: Rebuild, Rebuild, Rebuild, Rebuild, Rebuild!!!!!!

#3 neopaltoys

neopaltoys

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Fan Since:JAWS

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

What's with the white pocket passer comment? Pocket passers (regardless of color) get it done more so than an athletic running wild passer. Quarterbacks win games with their arms, not their legs. History shows this. Regardless, I'm hoping Foles is the answer at quarterback.

#4 sliding wussie

sliding wussie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Neopaltoys, I know what you mean about the pocket passers get it done better. Just like Roger " the Dodger" Staubach (Two Rings), Elway (Two Rings), and Steve Young (two Rings). Three pure pocket passers who never ran the ball or had the threat of running the ball!!!

#5 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

Regardless of color, you can't be a successful pocket passer or a successful running back if your offensive line can't pass protect or run block successfully. You don't have to have a high football I.Q understand this basic concept.

#6 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

reid should be fired today along with boles. That all im asking for for christmas... oh yeh and take the dog fighter with you please

marty did a better job calling plays. I like the motion screen to damaris johnson right after a big play. Good call, and good play design

#7 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Babin last week, Washburn this week, hopefully MM is the sacrificial lamb next week.

#8 eagle40

eagle40

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Sliding Wussie,

Your comments make no sense and I believe the true racist is you. Your accusing the media that they want a white quarterback. Absolutely false. Sounds to me you do not want the QB to be white. The fans and the media want a pocket passer that can read defenses and make quick accurate decisions. This is not about race and not wanting a black QB but about having a franchise QB that can lead us to the Super Bowl. Philadelphia has had many black QBs from Randall, to McNabb, Rodney Pete, and Vick. If there is any racism it is the fact that Vick was brought in as a PR project because of his background. He was a convicted criminal who happened to be black and the Eagles were going to rehab this guy and win the big one. However, that did not work out as planned because whether the QB is white or black they needed a pocket passer that can read defenses and think quickly. You mention Elway, Stauback, and Steve Young. These guys scrambed when they had to but were mainly pocker passers that could react and think quickly. Doug Williams was more of a pure pocker passer as was Warren Moon, who I feel was much better than McNabb and Vick. Unfortunatley, Warren Moon was not on a great team to win the big one but he was very good in the pocket. Vick cannot read defenses and reacts before he thinks. He is not accurate in the pocket or when he rolls to his right. He is a good athlete like Cam Newton and RG3 but again that style of QB won't win the big one. The NFL is not college and those guys got away with that in college because they were good athelets and college style offenses can be designed to support that type of QB but not in the NFL. Now that a whole different ball game.

Please think before you write. I'm tired of Political Correctness. We have to much of it now and we do not need more of it in sports.

#9 1960stillwaitin

1960stillwaitin

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

To Eagle40: To quote By Saam " How right you are"