Photo

[News] Cooper Adds Dimension To WR Corps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,304 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

With DeSean Jackson sidelined for the rest of the season as he heals from fractured ribs, Riley Cooper has an extended opportunity to showcase what he can do to help the offense. From a size standp...

View the full article

#2 Caribbean Soul

Caribbean Soul

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Cooper doesn't get the respect or the recognition he deserves from the fans here. He catches everything thrown to him, has good YAC, and is an outstanding special teams player. He plays hard every time he's on the field and has heart whichare qualities sorely lacking on this team.

#3 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

riley cooper could b a good starter in the league. Jordy nelson I dont know but now that he finally has been given an opportunity, he needs to show everyone just how good he can be. I like cooper and bryce together from a styleistic POV

#4 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Cooper has impressed me with his play this year. I hope he stays healthy and continues to get better next year to.

#5 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Carribean soul u are a exaggerating....he does not catch every thing thrown his way...avant id be like yea, not cooper. Cooper has been a big disappointment ...but the few catches he made this year has been a good improvement. Cooper sucked and blew chances the last 2 years which is why they drafted mcnutt...lucky for cooper mcnutt stunk in the summer....i want cooper to be stellar...i hope these few catches lead him to be our go to guy...but it wont. we will need a work horse receiver. ..

#6 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Dub sel- Cooper was never given many opportunities but when he has received extended playing time he has produced, just look at his stats of the few games he has started. He just doesn't get many opportunities because we run three WR sets and those sets generally consist of DJack, JMac and Avant.. Avant made some nice plays against zone coverage he is really good at finding the soft spots against zone but he struggles against man because he is not really quick or fast, he's a good 4th-5th WR, IMO.

#7 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

We have some talented players from the SEC on this roster in Cooper, Brown, Cox and Boykin, its time for us to keep the tradition going and get more defensive studs from that conference. I think Alabama's starting OL is better than our current backups that are playing.

#8 Caribbean Soul

Caribbean Soul

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Carribean soul u are a exaggerating....he does not catch every thing thrown his way...avant id be like yea, not cooper. Cooper has been a big disappointment ...but the few catches he made this year has been a good improvement. Cooper sucked and blew chances the last 2 years which is why they drafted mcnutt...lucky for cooper mcnutt stunk in the summer....i want cooper to be stellar...i hope these few catches lead him to be our go to guy...but it wont. we will need a work horse receiver. ..

Cooper has never been used correctly. Sound familiar? When he has been given the chance, he has produced. Period. No exaggeration.

#9 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

No he hasnt!! Remember that game last year where he got to start and he dropped 5 passes!!! Dont tell me he produced.. His best game prior to this season was against jacksonville. He caught a nice 40 yrd catch. I been puing for coop since he left the gators...but im not gonna exaggerate his production...hes had many chances in the last 2 years to make a statement and he didnt because of poor route running and not tracking/ putting his body in position to make the catch. This year he looks much better in short doses than his previous awful in short doses. Like i said if mcnutt played better cooper would of been out... I liked both guys in college. So bottom line good to see an improvement...but this team still needs a stud wr out there

#10 saifire

saifire

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

I really think Cooper is underrated. He has never dropped a catch, always there when you need him, and has great hands. If you look at some of the catches he has made (two of them this season), they're spectacular and not even some starting WR's can make them!

#11 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

this year he has a few catches....... lets pipe down ppl....it takes more than that..lets not forget how many he has dropped over the last 2 years