Photo
- - - - -

Two NFL Players get into fight....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

On Sunday, during the Cards/Jets game, Darnell Dockett and Kerry Rhodes got into a altercation. Apparantly, Darnell Dockett was intentionally undermining the coaches orders and Rhodes confronted him about it. When that happened, Dockett spit right in his face.

What a ****. The Arizona Media/Fans have been killing him all week on sports talk radio. All respect lost for him.

http://profootballta...ncident-sunday/

#2 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,182 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Isn't this the same guy that tweeted about bringing a gun to practice last year? It doesn't seem like intelligence is his friend.

#3 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,804 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Rhodes is scheduled to be an UFA and if he gets there is one of the players (along with TB RT Dotson) I really hope the Birds at least bring in for a visit. :thumbsup:

#4 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Rhodes is scheduled to be an UFA and if he gets there is one of the players (along with TB RT Dotson) I really hope the Birds at least bring in for a visit. :thumbsup:

He let another man spit in his face. We already have enough wimps.

#5 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,804 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

He let another man spit in his face. We already have enough wimps.

:blink:

He obviously was caught off guard there, who would expect a teammate to spit in their face?

Try thinking once and awhile before you post kid.

#6 Intel Division

Intel Division

Practice Squad

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Typical thug. I guess Goodell is going to have to play prison warden again.

#7 BlackPooL

BlackPooL

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,006 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Whatever. He didn't want to give away an easy TD. Some players don't quit.

I'd still take Dockett on this team in a heart beat. And he's a better D Lineman than Rhodes is a Safety.

#8 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

:blink:

He obviously was caught off guard there, who would expect a teammate to spit in their face?

Try thinking once and awhile before you post kid.

So if someone spit in your face, you would be caught off guard? Really? My fist would be across the perpitraitors jaw, the second his saliva met my face.

#9 BlackPooL

BlackPooL

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

So if someone spit in your face, you would be caught off guard? Really? My fist would be across the perpitraitors jaw, the second his saliva met my face.

Your reaction would land you a way worse punishment than the spitter. Rhodes was smart to not retaliate.

You call Dockett a **** or whatever (actually I have no idea who you're calling out...Rhodes or Dockett ), but what you seem you suggest doing in retaliation is only worse, Imo.

The bigger man walks away. What Dockett did was dumb, but I won't fault him for not wanting to lay down and give the Jets an easy TD.

#10 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84,730 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

How would you not be caught off guard if someone spit in your face? That you claim you would hit the person back is not relevent to the point. It doesn't mean you "let" the person spit in your face.

#11 KzEaglefan86

KzEaglefan86

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,930 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Whatever. He didn't want to give away an easy TD. Some players don't quit.

I'd still take Dockett on this team in a heart beat. And he's a better D Lineman than Rhodes is a Safety.

:lol: wut? Intentionally giving up a TD in this case wouldn't be quitting... the Cards were down by a point. The only opportunity they had to win was to get the ball back. stopping them would allow the Jets to kill the clock. And Dockett would be exactly what this team needs, a head-case with no respect for his coaches. Yeah, that would be awesome.

#12 BlackPooL

BlackPooL

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

:lol: wut? Intentionally giving up a TD in this case wouldn't be quitting... the Cards were down by a point. The only opportunity they had to win was to get the ball back. stopping them would allow the Jets to kill the clock. And Dockett would be exactly what this team needs, a head-case with no respect for his coaches. Yeah, that would be awesome.

That's how some players are though. They don't give up points on purpose. They play for the fumble or INT. Maybe the sack to push them back for a hard FG. He doesn't want to lay down and put it in the offense's hands. I have to respect that. Westbrook himself said he didn't want to take that knee vs the Cowboys a few years back, even if it was the smart/safe thing to do.

Spitting in a guy's face is total disrespect, bit I'm not sure what Rhodes said exactly to make Dockett that upset. He might have gone overboard himself.