Photo

[News] Johnson Steps Up With Return

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
137 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,458 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Consider his previous 16 NFL punt returns: Damaris Johnson saw slivers of daylight, crevices of promise, and even a seam of freedom ...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,261 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

#3 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,261 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

DJ2 beautiful PR.

#4 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Ddd I think you should express yourself solely in acronym. Dj2bpr.

That would surely balance out dave's going all literary on us.!

#5 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Nfl.com says:

It's hard to argue with Foles' performance Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys when the Eagles scored 33 points, Foles averaged more than 7 yards-per-attempt, and didn't throw an interception. Foles does a nice job moving in the pocket, and he looked much more comfortable than during his first two games. A month more of games like this would have the Eagles very excited about Foles' progress.

dayam right !

#6 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Great Job by Damaris. His confidence will grow and likely his play will continue to improve. Need to see more of him at wide-out. NOT some silly MM scheme of Johnson as RB. He ought to be able to handle WR screen as well as Ogletree of Cowboys...

Anyone else thing team is playing better with DJax sitting out with his injury?

I'd be trading DJax this off season if it improved the draft and potential to net true #1 WR or long term player on OL or DL or DB.

#7 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

yeah djax is a let down jwood, don't like his attitude since he was drafted. he's had some electric games, and I'll never forget that punt return vs the ginas...but i agree somewhat with ya on that one. We might keep him around 1 more season tho and take the wait and see approach

i'd keep djax over nnamdi tho jwood

#8 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

>>jhop: the "right move" by AR was starting Nick Foles against the Cleveland Browns and letting him be the starter. Vick had no preseason--and his subsequent play in the MM passaholic offense as pretty miserable. Starting Foles in game one and building a more conservative offense around him would have done wonders for this team.

I think Vick has been playing "hurt" for atleast 2012. Westbrook has commented about his on the field presence and that he was not playing like his former self. Don't think we'll ever know the whole story. My suspicion is that it is related to the years of punishing play that Vick has invited/endured. Vick looks like a boxer that "suddenly got old" right before our eyes. No knock on Vick whatsoever. He left it on the field. Humans have only so much to give--he has given his all. Much like Leonard Weavers career was over in one play--Vick's is ending more slowly--but it is ending. Too much wear and tear.

#9 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

>>jhop: am ready to part ways with Djax and Aso. DRC might be a keeper. He needs a Buddy Ryan style coach keeping his behind alight. Djax is electric and often disappears. Aso is perhaps just old and stubborn--he gets torched too much.

All these prima donnas are on Howie Roseman & Andy Reid. Plus D. Bell; V. Young; S. Smith (wr) and several others that simply didn't work.

#10 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

I've liked Damaris Johnson from day 1 was happy to see him make a huge play on the PR TD.... I want to see more of Damaris in the slot he is so quick and shifty I beleive he would thrive there. I'm also all for given Damaris a handoff here and there WR reverse whatever he can do it all reminds me of Darren Sproles just need to find ways to get him involved in the O more

#11 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

agree jwood, i like DRC...he's young and has great upside. People are hard on him, but with the right coaching and scheme, i think he could be great.

as far as vick, i been screaming for foles since the pre-season. you're right, vick aint the same. He's not making the decisions, reads, and even when he takes off with the ball, it reminds me of when he first got back into football here...running at about 1/2 speed

#12 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

DRC.... pissed me off last week if he doesn't learn to stick his nose in there and make a tackle his a** can go to we don't need players like that here in Philly maybe with the right coach that will be corrected i don't know

#13 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

the playcalling doesn't help either, he's a runner and we tried to make a pocket passer outta him. In order for Vick to have success, he needs to get his confidence back with his legs first.

But now he just dives and fumbles it away, so there's no use taking the risk anymore letting him run it

the man just won't slide

#14 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

LOL Rg3 learned how to slide and get out of bounds quick in the NFL after he got smacked in that Falcons game i've seen him quicker to get down when defenders r near

#15 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

the DL should have new life with a new DL coach if they have success they can put part of the blame on the wide 9. really want to see Cole step up and be the playmaker he has been for us the last 7yrs this season could be his lowest sack total since his rookie season

#16 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

>>jhop: I think Vick is hurt. He isn't himself. Too tough for his own good perhaps.

#17 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Fan Since:73

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

3D... (reposted from last night)... I don't anticipate you seeing this till the am... But the Angels gave big fat joe blanton a 2 year 15 milz deal???? I thought California did not pass legalizing marijuana??? Holy shnikies!!!

#18 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

>>BG93: Most of the DL players have regressed this season. Brandon Graham appears to be the only guy playing better. Of course, Fletcher Cox, Vinny Curry and Cedric Thornton are newbies...so they are getting started.

Lets also acknowledge that the BURDEN of being dream team 2.0 has dissolved-this team isn't going anywhere. Sometimes huge expectations are a huge drag on actual performance. Stuff like Vince Young 'dream team' or Mike Vick 'dynasty' actually become impediments to performance.

Peel away all the superficial problems. It get back to decisions made by Andy Reid and Howie Roseman. Coaches and players are a combination of the two of them collaborating to create a "gold standard" for Jeff Lurie. I don't think one can hold Reid accountable without Howie and one can't hold Howie accountable without Andy. Both behind the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

Think about it! Jeff Lurie as pretty discouraged after 2011. Its reasonable to assume he talked out issues with Howie and Andy--and relied on both guys to go forward in 2012.

#19 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

What do you think D jackson would bring a 3rd rounder? FYI he hasn't dropped a catch-able ball all year which is pretty damn good, but he's a number 2 receiver at best and would move him if it helped are team in other areas.

#20 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,261 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

3D... (reposted from last night)... I don't anticipate you seeing this till the am... But the Angels gave big fat joe blanton a 2 year 15 milz deal???? I thought California did not pass legalizing marijuana??? Holy shnikies!!!

Yes...I saw the report on espn...mlb. Definitely over-paid for Fat Joe...too many players and average players getting big money. Scutro...20 mil over 3 years.

#21 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

mike...Djax would bring an explosive playmaker to any team in the NFL and be the deep threat for alot of teams i could see us getting a 2nd for him if we tried to trade him.

jwood....I agree r DL regressed from last season the gimmick of the wide 9 was figured out. I also believe that the wide 9 didn't fit well with Cole he isn't the speed rusher that Babin was or Kearse or alot of the other players that Wash used down with the Titans

#22 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,261 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

ATV..Phitens trying to get Michael Young...3B. Rangers trying to get Grienke and keep Hamilton.

#23 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

Anyone else notice that Nick Foles operates the huddle more quickly than Vick or Kolb. Seems like he "gets" the info from his OC and get it t his players much more efficiently. Wonder if its Foles or have AR and MM changed something after 14 seasons of dawdling play calls?

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

They talk about how smart Foles is all the time doesn't surprise me how quick he works in the huddle..

#25 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

3D... I suppose with the Yanks offering Youk 1 year at 12 mil... going after Young doesn't shock me... but the guy is a total liability in the field.

#26 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts

>>BG93: am onboard the trade Djax train. He is a talent,but needs a team that could use his down range skills and not miss his lack of medium range or crossing route weaknesses. Think Shanny would want him?

#27 atvcar

atvcar

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

And if we get Young... our infield will cost us 62 MILLION dollars... YIKES!

#28 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

I still think Jackson would be potent paired up with a true #1 receiver on the other side, I like Maclin, but he hasn't been getting it done for us lately.

#29 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Maclin needs that true #1 to shine Maclin has his best games when teams r worring more about Djax or the TE or Shady etc. Pair Maclin with a true number one and he will get the job done and is still a viable deep threat as well

#30 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

I'm trying to think of a game or time this season where DJax was a factor. Any thoughts?