[News] News, Notes And Things I Think

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,814 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Tommy Brasher has been on the job for only a couple of days and he's touched his players on the defensive line just enough to know there is a lot of talent, but not a lot of time, to get something done ...

View the full article

#2 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

The DL should have new life i want to see r guys make plays this week and help pull off a win vs the Bucs this week.....

#3 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

The Eagles could hire Jesus Christ himself and even he couldn't get a miracle win with idiot Andy Reid at the helm. Howard Mudd and now this guy. You've got the nursing home coaching staff. I guess you can't get many coaches for 4 weeks knowing they will be fired once the season is over. I am not going to another Eagles game until Andy is gone.

#4 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Stay home rehab. It will be ok.

Play the kids. See what they have. Run the ball! I picked up Brown in my fantasy league and I hope he takes me deep into the playoffs. Nothing else to cheer for this football season. Still want AR back next year even though I admit it probably won't happen. I do NOT want MM back though. I've see enough of his calls.

#5 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Bucs run D is so over hyped. They really havnt faced many good backs. I say run it so far down there throat and don't stop punching until you see the safeties coming in every play, then start taking shots. I doubt Foles is prepared for the disguises the bucs use with the tampa 2.

#6 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,670 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

Remember, Pearl Harbor day.

#7 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

You're right Bleeding, Just hope the whole D can dominate like its old self and help us win the last four games.

#8 Tommy J

Tommy J

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

So In other words....coach Brasher is teachim them the right way

#9 gdibig

gdibig

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

With the Bucs horrible pass D, NcNutt might get some playing time on some 5-receiver plays.  Give some Brown and/or Celek a breather and send the kid in for a play or two.

#10 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

TB pass D ranks last in the NFL that scares the hell out of me watch MM make it look like the best Secondary in the NFL by throwing 50times and not running the ball.....please let me be wrong

Y couldn't Mcnutt see time this week Eagles carry 5 WRs on roster.... switch it up on the 4WR look Mcnutt gets some and Damris some.... Also down in the RZ it would be nice to see Mcnutt and Cooper on the field at the same time

#11 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

I know our record is 3-9, but I haven't been this excited about a game all year .  I really want to see Foles take a big step and want to see if Brown has worked on his fumblitis.  Want to see the difference with D line, I know they only had a few days but still, I'm excited anyways.  Hoping to see some of McNutt and see some more of Cooper who I think is really making the most out of the chances he is getting.  That is the heart I want to see from all of Gang Green!

#12 ek218

ek218

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

God bless people like Rehab for speaking the truth - Bleeding Green - go bleed somewhere else until Reid is done - a win means a lower draft pick and a longer recovery from the mess Andy is leaving- the D hasn't dominated in years and one old coot replacing another will not make much difference --Let's load up the turnip truck with Andy on the back and get him out of town -our owner needs some guts like San Diego and start saying the truth- Andy is gone- anything else would be a disaster

#13 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

I was just gonna say that BG about McNutt and Cooper in the redzone.  And yes it does scare the  crap outta me about the TB D.  Please O Please, Elmer Fudd, stay with Brown!

#14 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

what does a high draft pick get us really there isn't a QB worth and and anybody else isn't worth the pick......If we want an OL we can get it with a top 5 pick if we want a DT can get it with the top 5 pick if we want a WR same thing can get it with the top 5 pick...... I don't want a higher draft pick there is no point in it unless we can get #1 pick and trade it to a QB needy team that wants Geno Smith

#15 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Amen BG!

#16 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,364 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

>>disgusted: just say NO to any empty backfield sets. I am not a McNutt fan--although  know several folks here are high on his potential. No doubt he has a signature play or route---that how he needs to be used---where he has the most confidence and strength.

RedZone. Isn't that why team has Chris Polk?

>>EK: lets do the house cleaning the right way. No Reid. No Roseman. No Tom Donohue. Throw them all out.

#17 ek218

ek218

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

The higher the pick, the more flexibility we have in making trades in every round - what do we prove by winning now - look at what last year's 4 game win streak bought us - one more miserable year wth Reid -he is done and you need to let go of his worthless 14 non-Super Bowl winning years and move on- unless being Ok made you happy -  most smart fans would trade 1 Super Bowl win for 5 bad years at this stage -

#18 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

http://www.nytimes.c...smid=tw-nytimes

shame on us

#19 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Jwood..... if we r goal line yes run the ball but if it's like 3rd down and we r on the 9yd line then i'd like to throw the ball and i'd rather have targets like Cooper and Mcnutt to throw to then Avant and Damaris

#20 ek218

ek218

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Jwood speaks the truth- he sound sike someone who wants to live the future of the team, not the non-Super Bowl winning past - 1960 was a long time ago

#21 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

When did I ever say i want AR back???? I have let go of the 14 SBless season and am ready for a change which will happen no matter what..... Truely i'm fine with pull off one win and having the 5th overall pick in the draft having a higher pick isn't going to make me any happier and the way Jags and KC r going we aren't getting the 1st overall pick.

#22 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

>>BG93: Maybe I have watched too many Woody Hayes games or something? However, I'll just state that if I have the team at the 9, the set would be 2 TE, Cooper, 2 backs I formation. Each skill player on the team has hands. Defenders know that Eagles can/will run it hard. It does open up the pass. Said alignment is best runblocking & pass catching set up in RZ. Absolutely NO empty backfields.

#23 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

My early idea for Philly next season
HC-David Shaw hungry young mind will bring the right atmostphere here to Philly
OC- whoever Shaw wants bring his OC from Stanford if he likes
DC-Monte Kiffen- install the tamba cover 2 D

Draft....
1st-Utah DT
2nd-Xavier Rhodes
3rd-Kenny Vacarro
Pieces in the draft mainly r for the new D system Kenny and Xavier both can tackle in the open field Star gives us a big run stuffer at DT to pair with Cox

FA-Jaruis Bryd

Eagles move Kendricks over to WILL play him like Derrick  Brooks from the old Buc teams.... find someone to play SAM whether draft Akeem or FA keep DeMeco in the middle.

post from yesterday on my early ideas about what Philly should do this Offseason

#24 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Woody...I want nothing to do with an empty backfield.  I to see Havili leadingthe way for Brown .  Tired of the running out of shotgun.  And at goal line, I agree, that's what havili and polk are for.  But from the 10 to the 20 would love to have the bigger receivers in there ie Cooper, McNutt, Celek.  And I want to see the young guys get confidence for next year bye getting a win or two.  I don't want Reid bank.  He did great things for us during his tenure and I'm grateful for it but it's time for a change.

#25 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Jwood.... I like the 2TE Cooper 2Back Iform...... but i also wouldn't mind 2WR(Cooper/Mcnutt) 2back iform and 1TE set either down at the 9yd line. Iform for me is pretty much a given that close to the EZ but this isn't me and u calling the shots it's MM for now

#26 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Love the idea BG.  And yes Woody, that would be great.  Remember, history has a way of repeating itself.  Why can't the Eagles be the beginning of the repeat of the I-power formations?

#27 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

>>FLF: THANK YOU for provocative link and information. Cookie Gilchrist was one of my all time favorites as a player in Buffalo. He lived to a ripe old age and how can we tell the effects of age/heredity versus trauma. So much more to learn.

I have posted often that I suspect that some current player show symptoms of too many hits.

Football is a gladiator sport. The young men know it. I think we are seeing a rising awareness of the long term effects in the rules changes and the style of play shown by current players ( maclin's slide is an example).

Mike Vick is so old school its painful...even to me.

#28 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

That Kenny Vaccaro kid is pretty bad ace! He's got sick vert skills. We keep talking about having a stud tall WR that can go up and get the ball-this guy can out jump rec's and steal balls. Oh, and he can hit too!

#29 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

>>BG93: I am not a McNutt fan because I have never seen him run a route like a profession player. He was very sloppy and lackadaisical--often just giving away position to a defender by poor route running and no understanding of where the ball had to be delivered. I am not a McNutt fan because I have not seen him run block. Riley Cooper can run block. DeSean Jackson cannot. What can McNutt do? Frankly, he looks like a strong practice or camp body to me. This team doesn't need anymore "Clay Harbor" types: great athlete--no football acumen.

#30 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Jwood.....Mcnutt I have no clue what he can do really he was't even one of my choices i wanted for WR in the draft  but i'm willing to give him a chance and this is really what the last 4games r for aren't they see what we have in the young guys.