- - - - -

Norv Turner and AJ Smith On The Outs

san diego chargers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Boss Hawg

Boss Hawg

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,647 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...ts-in-san-diego

The housecleaning is coming. And the San Diego Chargers won't go halfway. Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego reported Thursday that general manager A.J. Smith and coach Norv Turner will be fired at the end of the season. Acee's sources said Chargers president Dean Spanos "essentially decided at least a month ago" that Turner would be let go. Spanos also recently decided that Smith will be let go, too.

Of course, the Chargers deny the claim. But why wouldn't they with the season not yet over. Not only did Smith ruin the team by firing Marty Schettenheimer for the simple fact that he didn't like him, but this should be the last time Turner is given a chance as an NFL head coach.

There were rumors circulating a couple weeks ago that Reid would be one of the leading candidates of the position if let go by Philly. And now that Smith will be gone, it gives the Chargers some ability to lure Reid in with some front office say. These rumors are going to explode.

#2 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,405 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hey AJ..How's the Eli Manning trade working out for you bud?

:roll:

#3 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,923 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

View Postrich36, on 07 December 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Hey AJ..How's the Eli Manning trade working out for you bud?

Wasn't he kind of forced into it? :huh: I mean he did draft him didn't he?

#4 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostFroggy, on 07 December 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Wasn't he kind of forced into it? :huh: I mean he did draft him didn't he?

He was, but according to the media, they want us to believe the Chargers basically bent the Giants over a park bench on that trade...

#5 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

View Postrich36, on 07 December 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

He was, but according to the media, they want us to believe the Chargers basically bent the Giants over a park bench on that trade...

they don't now, but then they did, and understandably so, a year or so into that trade Merriman looked like a defensive MVP candidate (in all my wisdom i was crying about us not taking him instead of Ware) , the FG kicker was pro bowl caliber and Rivers looked promising....so then it looked good for SD...now not so much

#6 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostStephen1, on 07 December 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

they don't now, but then they did, and understandably so, a year or so into that trade Merriman looked like a defensive MVP candidate (in all my wisdom i was crying about us not taking him instead of Ware) , the FG kicker was pro bowl caliber and Rivers looked promising....so then it looked good for SD...now not so much

You're very smart when it comes to the act of hand release...that's all I care about

#7 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

View Postrich36, on 07 December 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

You're very smart when it comes to the act of hand release...that's all I care about

:wub:

#8 gibsonplyer

gibsonplyer

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,763 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

View Postrich36, on 07 December 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

For awhile it looked. like they did.  A pro bowl qb and pro bowl stud pass rusher is better than a qb alone.  That team fell apart fast though and never capitalized on the talent they did have when they uad tue chance.  For awhile there they were one of the more talented teams.  Ultimately their players fell apart and the Giants were better at building a team than Smith.