Photo

[News] LB Rau Promoted; OL Menkin To IR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,302 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

The Eagles placed offensive lineman Nate Menkin on injured reserve Saturday with a throat injury and promoted practice squad linebacker Ryan Rau to the 53-man active roster. Head coach Andy Reid de...

View the full article

#2 NoDecaf

NoDecaf

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Fan Since:1972

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Who?

#3 TRUE-EAGLE

TRUE-EAGLE

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

About time Ryan Rau was activated....

Rau is a blue collar type who plays hard, sheds blockers and constantly round the ball.....No way should Matthews/Chaney should be infront of him in the depth chart... Reids got to give him some substantial play time because he was impressive in pre-season.. Granted he was playing 3&4 string opponents but he dominated opponents... Reid got nothing to lose on this guy or he can stick with mediocre back ups @ LB ..

#4 tomcrow

tomcrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Rau had a terrific preseason for an unknown. He brings energy to the defense. I can see him as an excellent backup and special teamer.

#5 skorch

skorch

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Fan Since:Roman Days

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Agree with you guys - Rau flashed during pre-season and always seemed to be around the ball and making plays. At this point in a lost season he should get PT and let's see what this kid can bring against NFL regulars. I hate the over used "high motor" label but RR definitely has one. How about we give an untested rookie with a lot of heart and ambition (and very possibly some talent) an extended audition over these last 4 games and see if he can at least be a solid ST contributor and provide depth at the LB position.

#6 Brodieman687

Brodieman687

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

I agree with the Rau promotion. I also wish we'd bring in Rolle...he's also better than matthews

#7 jameex

jameex

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Rau will get a look, but he wont be the answer.. Reid is evaluating his talent on all levels for next season.. I think off-season will bring in a ton of changes and a lot of doors will open for younger guys to get a look.. But lets get serious he's un-drafted for a reason.. he's 6'1 230.. And dominated back-ups who didn't make other rosters.. Im not expecting much.. I see his value being most a good special teamer like Colt Anderson.

#8 spider215

spider215

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

dats gd give some1 a chance adrian foster was undrafted look at him nw

#9 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Loved this kid and elated he made it to the active roster. I think he has potential and I love his game.

#10 buzzsurfs

buzzsurfs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Long overdue. Rau should have been on Special Teams weeks ago!

#11 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Eagles should bring back Cliff Harris. Don't know why they haven't reached out to him?

#12 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Rau's a beast

#13 ackid38

ackid38

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,083 posts
  • Fan Since:69

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Blah,Blah,Blah....Some of you people really call yourselves Egles fans.."Rau wasnt drafted for a reason blah blah blah".,..neither was foster,hey brady was a 7th round pick.there are 11 undrafted players in the NFL hall of fame.Dawk was considered to small to play.you know how that turned out.Foles is a bum..is what im hearing.All these idiots that call Mike Vick the one and only....48-54 as a starter in his career...had a good 2010 here,then went 8-8 last year and 3-6 this year.Blame it on the line,or the D.Whatever.Vick isnt all that good and never has been.1 11-5 season in Atl,and the rest was 8-8 or lower.Give Foles a chance.Who knows he could be the next ,Brady,Manning or whom ever you wish...or he just might be Nick Foles,greatest QB Phila ever had...or Bobby Hoying.This Franchise has never won a SuperBowl no matter who the players or coaches are.I go back before Superbowls.But i Bleed Green just like many of you do.I will continue to do such until i Die.If we win a SuperBowl or not in my life time,all i know is i love my Eagles,the players,the coaches,and the fans.Frustration is part of being a fan here in the NFL.Wow we could be fans of some really bad small market teams that never ever win anything.And those fans are the most loyal to their teams than any fans in the league.We get spoiled because we win allot of games year after year,but GOD forbid if we have a bad year,Kill the players,the coaches,throw batteries at santa.I not nor will i ever be an Arm chair coach..i have played,pee wee,middle school,high school and college football in my lifetime.But i just like you get pissed at the team when they do bad,i scream at the Tv...i cant stand the media downing my team,the tv announcers talking smack.But one thing for sure.I am an Eagles fan and theres nothing better than that.Its a down year people.We will be back.Just bleed green and all will be good.GO EAGLES.

#14 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

About time for Rau. The game has passed Reid and his coaching staff by, he watched practice everyday and couldn't see how good Foles played. Foles outplayed Vick in the preseason and in practice but Reid doesn't recognize the upside in his players, he consistently missjudges on talent, he continuously drafts players who don't perform better than players who play the same position but were drafted a little after the player he drafted. Its obvious that he doesn't recognize talent look at his draft picks. He loves small, fast guys who are not physical and slow smart guys for his skill position backups. I am just tired of the whole Andy Reid era and I wish he would just quit. His era was like sex with a hooker, it was good while it lasted and now its done and over with. see ya later !