[News] Buccaneers: What To Watch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,526 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

When The Eagles Have The Ball Will Bryce Brown be able to maintain his success from the first two games against the league's No. 1 run defense? Brown's 347 yards in his first two career starts is t...

View the full article

#2 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Looking forward to seeing if the CB's are as bad as they've been...or if it was mainly the fault of that crappy Wide 9 gimmick. Hard to believe 2 former Pro Bowlers like Nnamdi and DRC are as bad as they've been....we'll see.

#3 donsurran

donsurran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

I don't hold the Starting corners to blame for most of the poor play of the defense lately.I blame the poor game plan.  The biggest thing I see when I watch the games is the poor coverage by Brandon Boykin in The Nickel formation, and Coleman being out of position on almost every long touchdown play the last three weeks. I think Coleman is a tremendous tackler which is something our secondary is lacking. We need to upgrade the free Safety position next season. Nate Allen has at times looked like a genius with his ability to be near the ball. He tackles pretty quickly and will only get better with an improvement of the other safety position. We need to upgrade the depth of our D Backs. Keep Coleman as a back up, but get rid of Boykin. He is lousy at kick returns and can not cover well. How is he an improvement over Joselio Hansen?  Hansen was a clutch player who gave us 2 of our wins last season with Key interceptions at critical times. Boykin should have been our number 5. Linley should have been kept as number 4.